Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Well, this pastor seems like a really awesome dude!

You'd think some tiny bit of the **** he preaches would find it's way into his head. Guess not.

vCash
    I didn't know restaurants charged the automatic 18% unless you were a party of eight. Obviously given that the bill was $34, I don't see how the party was that large.

This guy was a complete dick for doing that but there was no need for his actions.

If Applebees wants to fire her for this, I have no problem with that. But if I were in there shoes I would not take that action.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Well, this pastor seems like a really awesome dude!

You'd think some tiny bit of the **** he preaches would find it's way into his head. Guess not.
    it's a she. but you wouldn't know the difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I didn't know restaurants charged the automatic 18% unless you were a party of eight. Obviously given that the bill was $34, I don't see how the party was that large.

This guy was a complete dick for doing that but there was no need for his actions.

If Applebees wants to fire her for this, I have no problem with that. But if I were in there shoes I would not take that action.
    I think it was a large party, (it said in one of the news articles)

vCash
    The bill being only 34 dollars shows what cheap the customers were in the first place. Thats less than 6 bucks per person

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    The bill being only 34 dollars shows what cheap the customers were in the first place. Thats less than 6 bucks per person
    It was separate bills. So she paid $34 for her meal (or maybe she paid for someone else too).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

It was a group of 20 or something like that.

vCash
    Aww...i was wondering how 6 people could only spend $30

vCash
    Separate checks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    This is annoying me because it's just making all Christians look bad.
    Meh. Anyone stupid enough to want to group all Christians with this lady isn't really worth valuing their opinion anyway imo.

vCash
    he only gives god 10%? what does that even mean? if hes religious, shouldn't he be giving God 100%? Also, what a dick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Tipping technically is an option. don't get me wrong, I think if the service is good, then you should tip good. but a tip is basically a way to thank your server, and if they did a really bad job, I don't think they should get a tip.
    I agree. Tipping is an option. Went out the last two nights, didn't get great service but got alright service and the waitresses got 15+%. Simple as that. Do your job, get a tip. Do a horrible job, get less than 15%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    In Canada, most restaurants I've been to charge 10%. Some 15% but those were restaurants that were selling like $35-40 steaks.
    Really? Usually I see the auto-grat at 15%.

vCash
    Listen, I am not trying to defend this pastor who is obviously a complete ***** for what she did, but keep your work at your ****ing job. It's one thing to go in the back and complain to everybody there or tell a couple of friends, its another monster to put something like this on reddit. There is no need to throw stuff like this out public, it looks really petty and I have no clue how you can't expect her to get fired over it and I fully support it. If I'm a manager of a restaurant the first thing I am teaching my waiters/waitresses is that there are going to be people that you don't like and there are some people that are going to look for any way to screw you out of a tip and if you can't deal with it then this might not be the job for you. You put a lot of pressure back on your employer when you publicly villianize a customer.

Again, I am not forgiving the pastor for what she did and while part of me loves that she is getting pay-back, I don't support how the waitress went about it.

Sig Bet Record: 1-0

YOU'RE SPOILED

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Really? Usually I see the auto-grat at 15%.
    Yea. In the past 2 month or so, I've been to Moxies, a handful of Chinese and Japanese restaurants/buffetes, Korean grill houses, Kelseys, Jack Astors, Swiss Chalet, Boston Pizza, most of the added gratuity has been 10% tip added on.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast