Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I worked at restaurants in hs and college so I know what it's like. I hate people who think tipping is an option. It definitely is not. If you can't a afford or choose not to tip you should make yourself dinner.

A lot of those restaurant receipt stories look fake. I'm glad this one was real.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Is Applebee's that fancy that they charge 8% more than the regular 10%?
    10% in not the regualr auto-tip. 18 is normal
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    In Canada, most restaurants I've been to charge 10%. Some 15% but those were restaurants that were selling like $35-40 steaks.
    this didnt happen in canada it happened in st. louis. 18% is basically standard in america

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I hate when places add the tip on. it basically means that the waiter or waitress can do a bad job, and they'll still get a good tip. last time I went to Dave and Busters, I had terrible service, I had to wait almost an hour just to get my food ordered and it wasn't busy at all, but since we had a lot of people, I still had to leave her a tip. one of my friends told me later than if you ask a manager to take it off, they will. I didn't know that at the time, otherwise I would have done that.
    what they should do is automaticlaly add the tip in, but allow an option for you to have the manager remove it. if the service was really bad enough to not warrant a tip, then peoplke would take the extra couple of mintues to remove, otherwise it stops people form just being cheap and dicking over the waiter/waitress

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    As someone who works in this industry and who relies on tips, it's disgusting how some people tip. On a daily basis, once or twice a shift, someone's total will be say, $49.25. They'll hand me $50 and say "keep the change". They genuinely believe, and you can tell by the expression on their face, that they gave you something you should be grateful for. They're waiting for a thank you. I'm not kidding.
    this is what you should do
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SqrWQR7I6c

vCash
    that's a ***** move,i hope some company hires her (at least to get good pr)...though i doubt it.as someone who's worked in the food service industry and dated a waitress,they get paid so little and really rely on heavily on tips.hate cheapskates like that lady and hate applebee's for firing her

vCash
    And this ***** is trying to play the victim card (the pastor that is). Hey, at least all the servers in that area now know who she is and can spit in her food every time she goes out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    10% in not the regualr auto-tip. 18 is normal
    Yea, that was already clarified.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    I worked at restaurants in hs and college so I know what it's like. I hate people who think tipping is an option. It definitely is not. If you can't a afford or choose not to tip you should make yourself dinner.

A lot of those restaurant receipt stories look fake. I'm glad this one was real.
    Tipping technically is an option. don't get me wrong, I think if the service is good, then you should tip good. but a tip is basically a way to thank your server, and if they did a really bad job, I don't think they should get a tip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    what they should do is automaticlaly add the tip in, but allow an option for you to have the manager remove it. if the service was really bad enough to not warrant a tip, then peoplke would take the extra couple of mintues to remove, otherwise it stops people form just being cheap and dicking over the waiter/waitress
    I didn't want to leave that lady a tip at Dave and Busters because she was seriously a terrible server. it took almost an hour to just have my food ordered, and my drink was empty pretty much the entire meal. idk all the servers at the D&B I go to are always so slow. even when it's not busy it takes them forever to do anything.

vCash
    Instead of her getting fired, why doesn't the Applebee's ban the customer for life?

vCash
    Well that was very Christian-Like.

vCash
    This is annoying me because it's just making all Christians look bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    This is annoying me because it's just making all Christians look bad.
    No it's not. It's making this douche look bad.

vCash
    so, she writes the note, the waitress puts it on reddit for a couple of laughs, and she gets mad because it ruined her reputation? woman just lost her ****ing job and she's worried about her reputation. *******.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast