Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggin88 View Post
    It's the restaurants policy. It will even say on the menus that parties 6 or more, or 8 or more, get 18% gratuity. It's not like he wouldn't have known about it ahead of time. The pastor was a dip ****.
    Must. Not. Comment...banhammer imminent.

vCash
    It's the restaurants policy. It will even say on the menus that parties 6 or more, or 8 or more, get 18% gratuity. It's not like he wouldn't have known about it ahead of time. The pastor was a dip ****.
    Yea, I cleared that gratuity thing up already. I did originally think it was unclassy for her to write that. If that was me, I would go ask instead of bashing someone.

vCash
    Yep. I've been to a hundred places that do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    It's possible. It's not unheard of for a waitress to make as little as $4/hour (maybe less in some places).
    Sucks. Where I'm from, they get paid $10.25 minimum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Yeah, Canadian low-end wages are much more fair for people to at least manage survival.

vCash
    Yeah, Canadian low-end wages are much more fair for people to at least manage survival.
    The minimum wage is higher because they charge us hell on taxes.

vCash
    Must. Not. Comment...banhammer imminent.

I'll make sure this doesn't go the way of my Chik-fil-a thread.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Is Applebee's that fancy that they charge 8% more than the regular 10%?
    Who the hell taught you a regular tip was %10? Average is considered 15 but I like to do 20, sometimes 25.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Who the hell taught you a regular tip was %10? Average is considered 15 but I like to do 20, sometimes 25.
    I was talking about how the automatic gratuity is Canada is 10% for most of the restaurants I've been to. I always add more though.

vCash
    Minimum wage for tipped employees varies by state. Missouri, where she worked, its 3.63. But the employer has to make it up if theure not tipped enough to make an average of 7.25. But some states min wage for tipped employees is as low as 2.13 an hour

http://m.paywizard.org/main/minimum-wage/tipped-workers

I use 15% as a base. Then add or subtract depending on service. 95% of the time I give at least 15%. Most of the time more. At waffle house today I gave 7 on a $29 bill. If I use my debit card, I usually just tip to make my bill even for easier balancing. So if my bill is say, $16.23, ill leave a $3.77 tip if they were good.

vCash
    I hate when places add the tip on. it basically means that the waiter or waitress can do a bad job, and they'll still get a good tip. last time I went to Dave and Busters, I had terrible service, I had to wait almost an hour just to get my food ordered and it wasn't busy at all, but since we had a lot of people, I still had to leave her a tip. one of my friends told me later than if you ask a manager to take it off, they will. I didn't know that at the time, otherwise I would have done that.

vCash
    Just one more reason not to go to Aplebees

vCash
    What exactly gives her the right to automatically charge someone 18%?
    it's policy for many restaurants to charge an automatic gratuity if the dining party is larger than 6 to 8. in this incidence, the dining party is 20. this policy is stated on the bottom of the food menu. if this "pastor," has a problem with this policy...she should've never dined there.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Serving 20 people is not an easy task for a waiter or waitress. Especially with as little as they make. Its embarrassing that a "pastor" would be so classless.

If she were the least bit intelligent she'd go and get that employee's job back.

The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

15. 02-02-2013, 08:46 AM
    Reason
    Duplicate post

vCash
    As someone who works in this industry and who relies on tips, it's disgusting how some people tip. On a daily basis, once or twice a shift, someone's total will be say, $49.25. They'll hand me $50 and say "keep the change". They genuinely believe, and you can tell by the expression on their face, that they gave you something you should be grateful for. They're waiting for a thank you. I'm not kidding.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast