• Wuilmer Becerra

0 0%
  • Jack Leathersich

1 5.88%
  • Robert Carson

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    I still think Puello has a high ceiling as a 20/20+ guy with plus defense, but I feel that he is so far away from reaching that. He has 3 possible outcomes: Borderline all-star, 4th/5th OF, or flame out. Is it fair to say he looks closer to a flame out than an all-star?

If Duda can be tried out in the OF, anyone can. As much as we bash him, it's mostly because he's not hitting. If I recall, no one really complained about Duda from July-September of 2011, and that was because he was hitting.

I just do not think Puello will get hit 20+ times a season in the big leagues, that seems unreasonable to expect, so he better improve his plate discipline. He got hit 16 times in 66 games last season. Prince Fielder led baseball with 17 HBP. Puello was on pace to get hit 40+ times, and I'm sorry but that will not sustain.

Aderlin has crazy raw power that has been translating slowly into games. Teams will put up with the defense if he mashes 30+ HR.

vCash
    Again Aderlin has not done anything of note to suggest he is a more likely candidate to not flame out.

He has to mash to be given a shot because he has nothing else to offer and he has yet to do that, Puello does not have to mash to make the majors because he has other attributes about his game. Is that simple in my book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Again Aderlin has not done anything of note to suggest he is a more likely candidate to not flame out.

He has to mash to be given a shot because he has nothing else to offer and he has yet to do that, Puello does not have to mash to make the majors because he has other attributes about his game. Is that simple in my book.
    He's hit 24 HR in one season at 20 years old. That's certainly an accomplishment.

vCash
    Is a solid accomplishment, but even with those 24 dingers his OPS was under .800.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Is a solid accomplishment, but even with those 24 dingers his OPS was under .800.
    Not in Savannah.

vCash
    Puello and Rodriguez will both be flameout's imo. There stocks have fallen too much...and all the tools they were once thought to have are not all that great.

That's why I went Tovar. I think he's a pretty good bet to have a career in the bigs. Probably as a really good utility guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Not in Savannah.
    He did not hit 24 homers in Savannah though.

vCash
    Aderlin gets the nod.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234