0 0%
  • Jack Leathersich

1 5.88%
  • Robert Carson

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 PSD Mets Forum #15 Mets Prospect

Vote for who you think is the Mets #15 prospect for 2013.

vCash
    Puello gets my vote.

vCash
    Goedel gets mine. I am not sure Puello should be considered a prospect. He's at the point where must show more than good tools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre302 View Post
    Goedel gets mine. I am not sure Puello should be considered a prospect. He's at the point where must show more than good tools.
    Agreed. Sickels convinced me of that when I asked why he wasn't in his Top 20.

vCash
    I gave my vote to Aderlin. Had a tough time choosing between him, Plawecki, Goeddel, and Tovar.

I'd like for Gabriel Ynoa to be included in the next list.

vCash
    ..nut he has shown his tools in in game action to a certain extent, the problem last year was he missed significant time due to injury.

Last year he had a .163 ISO which is an increase from the year before when he had a .138 ISO, so he is showing power improvements.

He had 19 steals which again had he played a full year he would of had close to 40 like he did in 2010 and not to mention he only got caught twice so his technique and ability to steal bases has shown improvement from year past.

I will say that their are some major concerns with Puello, specially his inability to walk much and high K rates, but a top 15 prospect he should still be given his tools set and on field production because is not like he has shown nothing as of yet.

vCash
    I think he's a top 20-25 prospect right now. His plate discipline and OBP is horrid. Pitchers aren't going to keep hitting him as frequently at the upper levels.

vCash
    Oh and Sickels had both Aderlin and Goeddel not in his top 20 prospects either, so if your are going to use that as a reasoning as to why a guy should not be there, then why vote a guy that same person had also out of his top 20?

It really makes no sense.

vCash
    If the Mets were deep in hitting prospects, he should be beyond the top 20, but they are not and he is the one of the guy with better tools in the system period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Oh and Sickels had both Aderlin and Goeddel not in his top 20 prospects either, so if your are going to use that as a reasoning as to why a guy should not be there, then why vote a guy that same person had also out of his top 20?

It really makes no sense.
    I disagreed about not having Aderlin in the Top 20 as well, but i stuck with that. He should have definitely been in there. I don't know what to make of Goeddel yet. He needs to show more durability.

He makes a good point about translating tools into production. Puello hasn't done it yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If the Mets were deep in hitting prospects, he should be beyond the top 20, but they are not and he is the one of the guy with better tools in the system period.
    But we are deep in pitching, which means the top 25 should be filled with pitchers, not our lackluster hitters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre302 View Post
    Puello is 2 years younger than Goeddel, and 3 years younger than Mazzoni, and performed about as well as either of them in 2012.

People are awfully hard on Puello for only performing average to above average throughout his young career. A .278/.346/.390 career line is far from awful for a young player in the leagues he has been playing in, who also has the speed to cover CF and to be proficient on the base paths. He does need to have a break out eventually to rank higher, but I think he belongs somewhere around here right now. I think Puello, Aderlin, and Tovar arre all young enough with enough upside that they should rank alongside some of these older arms like Robbles, Mazzoni, and Goeddel.

I think BA and Sickels were wrong to leave Goeddel out of the top 30, but top 20 would be high enough considering the command and durability questions, and the likelihood he's a pen arm (though I think maybe a good one). And I think Sickels was low on some of the toolsy international position players (Puello, Aderlin, and Tovar).

vCash
    I went with Puello. but I thought about A-Rod. I think both of these guys have a chance to have a breakout season.

vCash
    ...but then why vote for Aderlin if you believe that and use the excuse that Puello is unworthy because of what Sickels said.

Again makes no sense to me.

...and as for pitching I will say yes, that pitchers should take most of the spots, but as of now many of the candidates are profiling as pen arms, Goeddel, Mazzoni, DeGrom, Leathersich, Carson and so on. Then the other pitching candidates are likely back end guys like Gorski, McHugh, Pill, Verrett and a couple of others.

Other arms are far too low in the minors to really crack the top 15-20.

If you want to say that an Evans or Tovar should be in there given the fact that they play SS I would agree. IMO they are 15-20 range anyways.

I think Aderlin is a top 15 as well, but he is a 1st baseman at best who will need to MASH because he cand do not much else, hell he may even be just a DH in the future.

Becerra and Lupo are to far out and too raw still to say they should be there and Rosario has not played a game yet(though imo I think he should be top 15).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But we are deep in pitching, which means the top 25 should be filled with pitchers, not our lackluster hitters.
    I think our pitching depth is all in the 9 guys who already made the top 15. From here on out I think the pitching and hitting is about even.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast