Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Anyone else want to trade Dwight?

I know we're playing the Timberwolves and I know were 0-3 without him so far so save that excuse but I'm really just not that impressed with him. I think he's extremely overrated and a bad teammate.

If you look at his stats from the outside you would say wow he's leading the NBA in rebounding, top 5 in blocks, 17 ppg, etc. why would we trade him... because he kills team chemistry. Look at our team out there tonight they're playing loose not having to worry about getting Dwight the ball and making him happy. The NBA has changed. You don't need a dominate big man to win anymore. It's a guards league now and it's key to have shooters all over the floor. Gasol can play center.

And honestly, I think Dwight is going to leave this offseason and we will be left with nothing. He clearly doesn't like playing in LA and quite frankly I don't think he can take the pressure. He belongs in a smaller market where he can dominate and not worry about winning every year like he did in Orlando... while we start winning championships again.

vCash
    no dumbass

He's the only guy that plays D
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    My friend actually came up with a trade that was Dwight for Danny Granger and Paul George straight up.

That made me really think.

I'm so gay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    no dumbass

This.
    :c

vCash
    No, this is absurd.

vCash
    My goodness. llullz
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Trade the best big man in the nba. i would not. He is one of the most dominate big man in the nba, his defensive presence makes us that much better.

vCash
    No

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    He's our leader on defense, his athleticism is coming back, he is still the best overall center in the league. What are you thinking man?

Get used to Dwight fellas. There is no chance in hell that he quits (and gets ridiculed) in Orlando - then gets a dream chance in LA - and quits AGAIN after just one year. That would literally eliminate what ever semblance of a legacy he had built so far. He would never ever ever be taken seriously again if he walked away from the Lakers. No star that has come to los angeles has EVER left after just one year - it's just something you can't do. I would honestly be blown out of the water if he did that. What will happen though...

If we don't make the playoffs - D'Antoni is gone.

If we get knocked out in the first round - Mike D is gone.

If Dwight privately demands it - MDA is gone.

I would give my left nut for us to hire Brian Shaw. He could be our coach for the next 20 years. If we acquired him, Kobe/Nash/Gasol/Dwight would essentially be the coaches for Kob's last year...then the 2014 youth movement would come, and Shaw would be able to form what ever identity he'd want as a coach. He has all the tools - was a good defender as a player, knows the triangle like it's tattooed in his retina, and players simply love him wherever he goes. But as we all know, someone like Brian Shaw just makes too much sense. Jimbaco is waaaay too smart to do something like that.

vCash
    no dumbass

dumbass? someone sounds a little upset

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post
    He's our leader on defense, his athleticism is coming back, he is still the best overall center in the league. What are you thinking man?

Get used to Dwight fellas. There is no chance in hell that he quits (and gets ridiculed) in Orlando - then gets a dream chance in LA - and quits AGAIN after just one year. That would literally eliminate what ever semblance of a legacy he had built so far. He would never ever ever be taken seriously again if he walked away from the Lakers. No star that has come to los angeles has EVER left after just one year - it's just something you can't do. I would honestly be blown out of the water if he did that. What will happen though...

If we don't make the playoffs - D'Antoni is gone.

If we get knocked out in the first round - Mike D is gone.

If Dwight privately demands it - MDA is gone.

I would give my left nut for us to hire Brian Shaw. He could be our coach for the next 20 years. If we acquired him, Kobe/Nash/Gasol/Dwight would essentially be the coaches for Kob's last year...then the 2014 youth movement would come, and Shaw would be able to form what ever identity he'd want as a coach. He has all the tools - was a good defender as a player, knows the triangle like it's tattooed in his retina, and players simply love him wherever he goes. But as we all know, someone like Brian Shaw just makes too much sense. Jimbaco is waaaay too smart to do something like that.
    I disagree

If you were a franchise big, why in gods name would you want to play in a D'antoni system???

People will forgive Dwight for bailing..... I wouldnt blame him one bit

vCash
    No do not trade Dwight. He isn't going anywhere because the teams he wants to go to don't have money now. Plus you summed it up. 17 ppg for a guy with a torn labrum and a bad back, sounds solid to me. I say with the performance we are seeing tonight to let him get some rest and heal a little.

vCash
    no.... unless he don't re-sign

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    we might lose this one folks

vCash
    no dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Tytanium 24 View Post