• Is lebron underpaid?

42 48.28%
  • Is he paid what he's worth?

14 16.09%
  • Depends on how much he has to share with the refs

31 35.63%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    You missed overpaid. All pro athletes fall into that category.

vCash
    I think the big time stars are getting money under the table in overseas account. I'm almost positive the Nets owner told Dwight that he would put extra millions of dollars in his account off shore if Dwight could force his way there . The big 3 in Miami probably did the same thing.
    Last edited by DODGERS&LAKERS; 02-01-2013 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    Every single think Bron says is true. That being said, he has shown to be a poor public speaker, and should stop being pulled into making comments that might be even the slightest controversial, seeing as the public has an agenda against him.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    People are saying athletes are overpaid. Can you find a player who plays like LeBron? No, because it's rare. It's only overpaid because it's a sport that we all play for fun and we think it's just that, a game.

Anyways, he's definitely not worth $50,000,000 a year. Based off endorsements and all that good stuff, LeBron already makes enough to cover up for his low paying contract. I'd say $35-$40 million if allowed.

vCash
    Poll makes no sense. I don't answer questions with other questions.

vCash
    Is Lebron underpaid COMPARED to all the other players? HELL YES.

Are NBA players overpaid in general? I think so.

vCash
    he took 2 million less of a Max contract to play in Miami. so what? theres a salary cap in the NBA..

vCash
    I mean, its one of those things he didnt need to say which probably means it was taken out of context.

The salary cap in basketball is the most necessary, but the max salary for players takes money from the top 5% of players and redistributes it everywhere.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    lebron can't be this stupid. smh.. The punk ***** took less money to play with his buddies in miami so he can win a cheap championship. This guy is mentally unstable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    he took 2 million less of a Max contract to play in Miami. so what? theres a salary cap in the NBA..
    The article is based on the fact whether or not he is underpaid if there was no salary cap. The answer is yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOTERX9 View Post
    lebron can't be this stupid. smh.. The punk ***** took less money to play with his buddies in miami so he can win a cheap championship. This guy is mentally unstable
    The question is whether or not he's underpaid in terms of what he offers. Him taking a paycut does not mean he's not underpaid. Sounds like you're a hater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    It is sad to see who get paid more than him though.

• Kobe Bryant
      $27,849,000
    • 2. Brandon Roy
      $21,459,805
    • 3. Dirk Nowitzki
      $20,907,128
    • 4. Gilbert Arenas
      $20,807,922
    • 5. Amare Stoudemire
      $19,948,799
      6. Joe Johnson
      $19,752,645
    • 7. Carmelo Anthony
      $19,450,000
    • 8. Dwight Howard
      $19,261,200
    • 9. Pau Gasol
      $19,000,000
    • 10. Elton Brand
      $18,160,354
    • 11. Chris Paul
      $17,779,457
    • 12. Kevin Durant
      $17,548,838

Only 5 players here deserve the money they are getting (7 if you include past success when the contract was given)
    Yeah, well that is so ridiculous it's almost not worth commenting. The overall point that some economists have made, I think, is that even if Lebron were making the absolute max under the salary cap (say $27M like Kobe Bryant) he'd still be massively underpaid, probably only making approximately 60% of what he's worth.

Of everybody on that list, Kobe is the one player who legitimately deserves to make as much or more than Lebron, and Durant and possibly Dirk just because of popularity and global marketing. But yeah, the fact that Lebron makes way less than Stoudemire is beside the point: even if Lebron was making $30M he'd still be significantly underpaid just in terms of raw free market value.

While we're at it we should mention that Kobe is also grossly underpaid, and has been every year he's been in the league. That's why Kobe and these guys are such hot commodities, they are cash machines for the teams and their compensation is limited by the salary cap.
    Last edited by Sssmush; 02-02-2013 at 02:39 AM.

vCash
    He wanted to take his talents to south beach so...

SWAGUEZ!!!

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    here we go,

1st off, it was his dicesion to take less money to play with wade and Bosh wasnt it ?????.

2nd I dont feel bad for somebody who makes 1mil + a year, much less 15+ mil. sorry, dont have that type of sympothy

3rd, do any of you realize how much he makes in endorsements, Somewhere around 3x what he makes for actualy playing basketball.

so someobody making over 60mil a year for playing a game. not going to feel bad, my sentiments kinda go along the lines of your rich dont cry about it.

just figured I would add this, for laughs \

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kdxn9kBIPk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    He's making 17.5 million and getting another 40+ million in endorsements this year and he's whining about not getting credit for taking 2 million less per year to play with the heat. It's things like this that make him seem like some arrogant douche. His pr people need to tell him to stop saying dumb things.

titties

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast