• Is lebron underpaid?

42 48.28%
  • Is he paid what he's worth?

14 16.09%
  • Depends on how much he has to share with the refs

31 35.63%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Sequin, I think you are supposed to be in the MENSA forum this isn't the place for highly intelligent discourse

vCash
    Lebron is vastly overpaid. come to LA and we'll give you a 30 million dollar contract and even more endorsements. You can actually become the Billionaire you want.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I do believe he is worth more money, yes...but for him to say " I don't get credit for taking less money," is BEYOND ridiculous. What does he expect...people to tell him every time he comes to the gym, or have these mooks at ESPN mention every game that he is worth more? That's such an outlandish claim, dude get's enough attention and *** kissing as it is.

vCash
    damn, lebron is being a little chatterbox all of a sudden
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tdg823 View Post
    And Latrell Srewell has kids to feed......
    Funny. Considering he was getting overpaid and had an over inflated sense of self worth. Whereas Bron knows hes worth so much more and takes paycuts anyways.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    He's sold and marketed to make money chronz, he's a product and a brand name. Jordans (the shoes) sell alot, make themselves and others money, but their not hardly the most quality shoes. His monetary value to the league isn't all attributable to him, whether he's O robertson and Wilt in one or not ( he;s not, I know some of ytou are considering it), without NBA backing, PR marketing, Nike commercials, etc, he wouldn't make as much money for thet laegue and therefore not be worth as much to them
    MJ was underpaid for most of his career as well and he will be the first one to tell you about. Not sure what your point is, the NBA markets players (above teams mind you) because of their appeal, that falls on the individual not the NBA. Do you have any idea what Cleveland was worth before he showed up? His presence has a trinkle down effect on not just a franchise, but its city.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Funny. Considering he was getting overpaid and had an over inflated sense of self worth. Whereas Bron knows hes worth so much more and takes paycuts anyways.
    Eh, he makes a shade more gross than he would on a regular max because of taxes. And it was his choice, he deserves no credit for it and shouldn't ask for it. He's the best basketball player in the world, that should be enough for him.

And as much as I defend the absurd amounts of money these guys make, the fact is, not a single one should be publicly saying a word about money, even if they're asked they should say they make plenty. ***** to your friends don't tell the whole world that a $16 mil salary isn't enough for you since, you know, less than 1% of people can touch that.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 02-01-2013 at 07:40 PM.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Lebron says he deserves credit for taking less with to sign with MIA.

Hopefully people realize that's a bunch of BS, cuz of the tax laws in FLA, it's already been proven that he will make more money with the contract he signed with MIA, then he would have if he signed a max deal with another team, for example NY.

Nice try though, I guess......
    It's not BS. He DID take less...period. Taxes or not - he took less than he could have. He took less than he should have, and makes FAR less than what he's actually worth. He shouldn't be complaining about it (and I don't think he is; he just answered a question honestly), but even if you're making tens of millions of dollars, if you're making maybe 10-35 million dollars less than what you're actually worth, well, that probably will creep into ANYONE's mind from time to time. The CBA doesn't allow a lot of people to make the money they truly are worth....

He's not the first superstar to bring this up, nor is he the first top 15 player ever to do so either. It's just LeBron, and we love to over analyze EVERYTHING he does.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    He was marketed just as heavly in Cleveland. He's been hyped since before they had footage of him in the pros, they were trying to make money off him when the last full season he'd played was at SVSM. How m

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVNowitzki View Post
    I do believe he is worth more money, yes...but for him to say " I don't get credit for taking less money," is BEYOND ridiculous. What does he expect...people to tell him every time he comes to the gym, or have these mooks at ESPN mention every game that he is worth more? That's such an outlandish claim, dude get's enough attention and *** kissing as it is.
    I see, yea I dont know what he expects but I also dont know what kind heat hes taken over the years. Hes speaking truth but I guess I can see why people would have a problem with him wanting even more credit.

But thats something you see happen once a player is near the end. Like back in the day when KG and TD were 1-2 as best players go, Duncan was the one taking paycuts to keep his teams flexibility in tact, meanwhile KG was hogging up 30M on a treadmill team.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...ue-current-cba

Just when he hadn't done anything stupid for awhile.....

I'll reserve my opinion on this one for now, just curious to see the thoughts on this
    Maybe that son of a ***** should have stayed put in cleveland. Then he would be getting 30 mil a year.

What do you expect Lebron? Would you life to be payed 40 mil and have a superteam as well?

vCash
    whoops. How many times have you seen him in those greaan and gold jerseys? And my comparison to Sprewell was more so the irony of an individual making what, 40-50 mil a year at least (15-20 for spree? just guessing at those....complaining publically about their paycheck. And I forgot all about the Florida tax thing

vCash
    He was marketed just as heavly in Cleveland. He's been hyped since before they had footage of him in the pros, they were trying to make money off him when the last full season he'd played was at SVSM. How m
    Well yea, thats the point. When you have a LeBron James you CAN market him. When you have a Mo Williams.... not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVNowitzki View Post
    It's probably more of a subconsciousness response to all the crap he gets for teaming up, rather than people not saying "LeBron deserves credit for taking less money" more frequently. He gets a ton of flack for teaming up to this day...I don't blame him for being cognizant of it, and not really liking it.

The LeBron *** kissing to LeBron *** kicking ratio has been skewed well towards the latter for most of his career...let's not act like he's a golden child.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    He's right. He would be getting $250M max contracts in MLB.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast