Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    But Jay checked down last year when it was available.

vCash
    Yeah, it's pretty standard for new HC to look for his own QB, and it may happen in this draft. Competition is a good thing, and JC's been the man since he's been here. If he realizes that he could loose his job, maybe that will jump start him. He grew up
    as a Bears Fan, so I'm sure that he wants to be a Bear. It's time to man up and lead this team.

vCash
    While I understand a new coach wanting his own QB thing, I just wish that either Jay is someone Trestman really wants or that Blanchard could be someone worth developing. My basic want comes from us not having that many draft picks. I don't want to see us using a pick on a QB.

vCash
    Greatness? No. If he was capable of that he would have accomplished more in Chicago by now, regardless of the challenges around him.

He's good obviously, but I don't think he will ever be great.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Believe it or not, I think that Jay can be great. There is a small line between the two. He has all the tools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbybear2290 View Post
    Yes, I do think hes capable. Will he? IDK that is a huge if, and I would like to see him do so, as I love the guy have since his days at Vandy. But I would not be surprised if they drafted a QB in this draft in the 4th or 5th round, so Trestman has a guy that he likes.

The QB I truly like in this draft given his skill set, is EJ Manuel. But I'm also a huge FSU fan (3rd favorite college football team) so take that for what it is lol.
    After watching him in the Senior Bowl, I was definitely impressed. With only 5 picks, can we get him late?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty standard for new HC to look for his own QB, and it may happen in this draft. Competition is a good thing, and JC's been the man since he's been here. If he realizes that he could loose his job, maybe that will jump start him. He grew up
    as a Bears Fan, so I'm sure that he wants to be a Bear. It's time to man up and lead this team.
    Maybe, but this is a pretty awful draft for QB's. I wouldn't mind taking a developmental type in the mid rounds if it's someone Emery/Trestman really like, but I don't know if this is the year for it considering our other needs and only 5 picks to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    Believe it or not, I think that Jay can be great. There is a small line between the two. He has all the tools.
    I don't think anyone questions whether or not he has the tools, but he's running out of time...30 year old QB's that really haven't shown significant improvement in 4-5 years are not worth handing out long term contracts to. I like Jay and really hope he takes a big step forward next season, but then again, I was hoping/expecting that this season...and we all know how that turned out. Sure, it's not all on him, but he isn't completely blameless either.

Neither Emery or Trestman are responsible for Jay being in Chicago, so they're not tied to him in any way...so if they wanted to move on from him after next season, I don't think it's the worst thing they could do.

vCash
    You have a valid point, but I look at it like, are there any better options out there for us than Jay? Yeah, he could be better, but there are not many QBs with the skills that Jay has. I do believe that if Jay doesn't show improvement this year, he will be on his way out, but who do we replace him with?

vCash
    If we can get trade down and get an extra pick in this draft then I wouldn't mind drafting a developmental QB. Trestman was the guy that first tabbed Wilson and if he likes someone then I definitely wouldn't mind brining in some competition. See if Cutler can put it together this year and if not you've got a guy semi-ready.

Plus you can always tag Jay if you don't have a suitable replacement yet, but I don't know how many QBs play with a tag.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Trestman's claim to fame is being able to fit the players he has into what works best for them. He is adaptable to each players abilities is what they say about him. Jay is the perfect candidate to see if this is true. I will concede that my main reason for wanting Trestman to be able to work with Jay or Blanchard, is because I don't want to use a draft pick on a QB with so many other holes to fill.

vCash
    I think he is capable, but I do not think he will ever do it.

Honestly he has been pretty average since being here in Chicago, but if he can step it up a notch a be good, I think this team can win the Super Bowl.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    Speaking of Blanchard, I really hope they give the kid a shot at the roster this year. I think he could be a good NFL QB if given the chance.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    I'm not sure if I like this team taking a QB with so few picks and many holes to fill. I won't be upset if we do take one, but usually the best QB's are found towards the front of the draft. I'd rather just ride Jay out this year and if he doesn't work out then go all in on a young QB next year.

vCash
    Too much is made about "elite" QBs. This SB does not feature one. Eli and Ben have multiple rings and they are not elite. Brees, Rodgers and Peyton have 1 ring each and are elite.

Cutler needs to trust his receivers (aside from Marshall) more and get rid of the ball quicker. Those things he can control. Trestman needs to create a better offensive plan. Emery needs to create a better line and get a pass-catching TE. While Jay clearly needs to play better, he does need help around him and from others.

The Bears are built to win if Cutler can limit turnovers and extend drives. With better coaching, a better system, and more help Cutler can do that. He has the tools to be "great", but he really just needs to be more effective. I couldn't care less if people rate him as "elite" as long as CHI is winning.

vCash
    The Bears have won way too many games in spite of ****** QB play.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast