Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Is Jay Cutler capable of achieving "greatness"?

ESPN's Steve Young -- whose offensive coordinator in 1995 and 1996 was new Bears coach Marc Trestman -- believes Jay Cutler is capable of achieving "greatness" under Trestman's tutelage.
    Young led the NFL in completion rate in both years under Trestman, compiling a 34:17 TD-to-INT ratio and 17-6 record with seven more touchdowns rushing. "He'll emerge as a much more disciplined quarterback," Young predicted of Cutler. "He's already good, and he'll be great. ... "If you run (the offense) right they'll be shocked how much easier it is. How much more room there is to run."
    http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

ray:

vCash
    Jay's running out of chances in Chicago IMO. If he can't succeed with a smart offensive playcaller, then it might be time for the Bears to move on.

vCash
    He's been a bit of a let down so far, but I fully believe that he can achieve greatness.
    Mike...
    ... when talking Notre Dame football

vCash
    Only with a bunch of insulin.

vCash
    Yes, he can. Simple as that.

vCash
    Does anybody ever worry that this teams best chance was last year and it got blown when Cutler broken his thumb?

They played better in 2011 than 2012 IMO.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    I worry that sometimes, but top to bottom this squad is more talented than 2011's. Just have to regroup, reload, and move on under a new offensive philosophy.

I expect big things from the offense this year.

vCash
    I agree, JC is running out of chances too. Sadly, he's been behind a porous Oline and only had a legit WR for one year. He does have talent, and I still believe that he's the best QB that the Bears have had in modern times. If Emery upgrades the Oline and finds a decent TE, JC better come alive.

vCash
    He's got the talent for it, but I doubt he reaches his potential. He's been underwhelming during his tenure here.

vCash
    The talent is there but I got a feeling Trest is gonna find a rookie he's gonna fall in love with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    The talent is there but I got a feeling Trest is gonna find a rookie he's gonna fall in love with.
    Would not surprise me one bit...and I'm okay with that if Jay doesn't make significant strides next season. It's a make or break year for him.

vCash
    I've been thinking along the lines of what Ezio said for a couple weeks. This year could very well bring some QB 'controversy'

vCash
    Yes, I do think hes capable. Will he? IDK that is a huge if, and I would like to see him do so, as I love the guy have since his days at Vandy. But I would not be surprised if they drafted a QB in this draft in the 4th or 5th round, so Trestman has a guy that he likes.

The QB I truly like in this draft given his skill set, is EJ Manuel. But I'm also a huge FSU fan (3rd favorite college football team) so take that for what it is lol.

BULLS PLAYOFF PUSH 2014!!

vCash
    Jay is a very good QB. I am hopeful that Trestman will help Jay be a better QB!

vCash
    Jay should succeed but I get the feeling Trestman isn't 100% sold on him as being 'they guy' That obviously could change but Jay is gonna have to make some adjustments to his game that he hasn't really been able to thus far. He's gonna have to start checking down more, his foot work has to get better, he's gonna have to throw the ball away a bit more and that all comes down to mental preperation and execution. That's what Trestman is gonna have to drill into Jay's head and Jay's gonna have to step outside his comfort zone and put in the work and buy in.

At the same time, an improved o-line and competent play calling\game planning is going to do its own wonders for Jay. I think he's going to have a good year but I'm not confident enough to say great year. Will Emery be satisfied with just a good year? This obviously depends on a lot of factors -W\L and contract demands the biggest ones-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast