Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Duncan Keith on his suspension from hit on Daniel Sedin

Daniel Sedin hasn’t got a text message from Duncan Keith and he shouldn’t waste any time waiting by his phone for that to change.
    Keith says he has no plans to apologize for last year’s cheap shot, which left Daniel with a concussion.
    “I don’t really want to get into the situation,” Keith said, when asked if he’d ever say sorry. “For me, it’s almost a year ago now and I’ve moved forward.
    “I was glad to see him come back and play in the playoffs and I mean that.”
    We’re going to guess Keith misspoke with what he said next.
    “I think, for the most part, I’m a pretty honest player,” Keith said. “Obviously, I got suspended and I was punished for that, you know, so that’s something obviously, I’m very proud of.”
    His body language suggested he left “not” out of that last sentence right before “very.” He was pulled away by a PR staffer so there wasn’t a chance to clarify that one.

We’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    The Canucks were infuriated with the hit. Not only with Keith but with the reaction from the referee. For a vicious elbow that he drove through Daniel’s chin, Keith got a two-minute penalty.
    The next day, Alain Vignault called out referee Dan O’Halloran without naming him.
    “We got a big two-minute power play off that hit from the same referee — remember last year when Daniel got punched six times in the face in the Boston series?” Vigneault said. “I seem to remember it was the same guy.”
    Yes, yes, we remember. And guess what? O’Halloran is officiating tonight’s game. Good times.
    Does Keith expect to be targeted?
    “I’m not really focused on what they’re going to do,” Keith said. “They have a good team. I think we have a good team, too. I think we’re focused on what we’re going to do out there and how we’re going to play.
    “I’m not worried about anything else.”
    http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/02...nsion-cant-be/

Adds fuel to the fire. At the very least he should have apologized for putting Daniel out of hockey for that much time.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    The Province has a misquote. I heard the quote on the radio today and he said NOT very proud. I heard it about 4 times while I was driving to work. The Province should hire some proof readers haha.

vCash
    **** him

vCash
    It's not peewees, a sorry wasn't going to make the play not happen. No need for an apology

vCash
    I hope Maxim takes Keith or Kane out clean.

vCash
    I think all this revenge talk is bogus.

They were pumping it up all day on the radio.

Get the two points, staple a few Hawks to the boards, break their win streak, message delivered.

Get into scrappy garbage with a hot team, take some bad penalties, and they will burn you on their PP.

I'll take the 2 points and a solid team win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I think all this revenge talk is bogus.

They were pumping it up all day on the radio.

Get the two points, staple a few Hawks to the boards, break their win streak, message delivered.

Get into scrappy garbage with a hot team, take some bad penalties, and they will burn you on their PP.

I'll take the 2 points and a solid team win.
    Exactly, and purposely trying to take someone out with a dirty hit is more of a Boston or Chicago thing to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    The Province has a misquote. I heard the quote on the radio today and he said NOT very proud. I heard it about 4 times while I was driving to work. The Province should hire some proof readers haha.
    Thanks for editing the title. It's a pretty big difference to not add in the 'not' lol. Province probably did it on purpose.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Thanks for editing the title. It's a pretty big difference to not add in the 'not' lol. Province probably did it on purpose.
    Could be lol. Seriously on the Team 1040 today EVERY program pushed the poll on whether the Canucks should seek retribution, and a few of the hosts read opinions saying that retribution (not talking Bertuzzi level) is the thing that would take this team to a new level.