Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    2 best players this season gone...

vCash
    [QUOTE=69centers;25279124]Sully was a rookie. A contributing one no doubt, but this isn't a devastating loss. We needed a big anyway. I doubt this curtails any plans Ainge has.[/QUOTE

I disagree. Although Sullinger was not a stud on this team he was a piece to the puzzle and losing him for the season might be the tipping point. Look for Wilcox to become a regular part of the rotation. I'd start Green at PF tonight. Why not?
    El Presidente

vCash
    I just want to tank now. It's not our year.

vCash
    I believe the universe is telling Ainge to "blow it up". Also I hope people don't honestly want to trade Sully now that he is hurt and can't help us win now. I hate that philosophy.

Bring up Melo or go through FA. No use in trading for a replacement guy unless it's going to be a long term investment.

Does anyone know when the Celtics are eligible to attempt to bring back JJJ? I don't believe he is currently under contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    I just want to tank now. It's not our year.
    No no no, not tank. Gracefully bow out of contention.

vCash
    This is officialy the Red Sox season 2.0 with Sully playing the role of Middlebrooks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    I disagree. Although Sullinger was not a stud on this team he was a piece to the puzzle and losing him for the season might be the tipping point. Look for Wilcox to become a regular part of the rotation. I'd start Green at PF tonight. Why not?
    Good thing. Everyone forgets how productive he is when healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I do love me some Wilcox. But I always felt like he played his best when he was out there with Rondo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    I think the agent for Kenyon Martin's phone may be blowing up right about now.
    Still unsure about Martin, but I think there needs to be a move from a rebounding standpoint. Sullinger was the best rebounders on one of the wrost rebounding teams in the league. Coupled with the fact that Ronod often picked up the rebounding slack... yeah... Martin at vet min begins to look pretty appealing provided he's in shape and ready to play.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    The only good news about this happening is now he most likely won't be asked for in any trade scenarios leading up to the deadline. Typically when GM's discuss trades a teams best assets are the one's that GM's will ask for in return, if they are giving up any piece that could help the opposing team for a stretch run. At least now the best asset we could potentially give up would be Melo/Bradley.

Totally my thinking but, perhaps DA knew that Sully would need surgery either in the off-season or at some point in his early career after drafting him and decided to force Sully to have the surgery now to eliminate his name from trade converstions leading up to the deadline? This would be the type of decision that would be made behind closed doors that likely the media/public would never know about that could potentially help us to continue to try to contend for this year without hurting our rebuilding assets for the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    The only good news about this happening is now he most likely won't be asked for in any trade scenarios leading up to the deadline. Typically when GM's discuss trades a teams best assets are the one's that GM's will ask for in return, if they are giving up any piece that could help the opposing team for a stretch run. At least now the best asset we could potentially give up would be Melo/Bradley.

Totally my thinking but, perhaps DA knew that Sully would need surgery either in the off-season or at some point in his early career after drafting him and decided to force Sully to have the surgery now to eliminate his name from trade converstions leading up to the deadline? This would be the type of decision that would be made behind closed doors that likely the media/public would never know about that could potentially help us to continue to try to contend for this year without hurting our rebuilding assets for the future?
    I have heard of crazy things being done, so I wouldn't put that past Ainge. But I read Melo will be suiting up tonight for the Celtics. If I see him getting a good chunk of playing time I will assume that they are showcasing him for a trade, which I am firmly against.

vCash
    Ohio State knew he would require surgery sooner than later.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg
    Sullinger is expected to be ready for the start of the 2013-14 training camp.

Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg
    From the Celtics: Jared Sullinger underwent successful lumbar disc surgery today at the New England Baptist Hospital.
    BOSTON - The Boston Celtics announced forward Jared Sullinger underwent successful lumbar disc surgery today at the New England Baptist Hospital. Surgery was performed by the medical staff at the New England Baptist Hospital which is under the direction of Celtics Team Physician, Dr. Brian McKeon. Sullinger is expected to be ready in time for training camp for the 2013-14 season.
    Wow, he went from day to day to already having the surgery.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Wow that was quick. Wasn't it just yesterday that Doc was on the radio saying that he was day to day and that this was not a serious injury to be concerned about?

Something just doesn't add up. Doc must have know this surgery was scheduled... I'm going to reference back to my original post #25 on why he got the surgery done now.

Just a crazy sequence of events once again, just like with the Rondo injury.
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Too bad for him he won't have Rondo throwing him those oops anymore. I'm interested to see how he looks a few games in after his recent stint with injuries once again.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast