Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Sully out the rest of season

Adrian Wojnarowki has reported Sully is done the rest of year due to back injury

damn

vCash
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Celtics rookie Jared Sullinger will miss the rest of the season with a back injury, league sources tell Y! Sports. He will need surgery.

CelticsLife.com ‏@CelticsLife

Jared Sullinger back needs surgery, out for the year http://bit.ly/U9MtGJ (New Post)

vCash
    So far, he's the only one to report this. No Celtic person has released this info yet.

If true, it's not a good sign at all. He didn't do anything that would indicate doing something to require surgery. This would point to those issues with his back before the draft, really being significant after all.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Jeez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    So far, he's the only one to report this. No Celtic person has released this info yet.

If true, it's not a good sign at all. He didn't do anything that would indicate doing something to require surgery. This would point to those issues with his back before the draft, really being significant after all.
    It's been reported in other places.

It's bad news for the team and Sully.

Let's hope that DA can finally see that holding the team together or dealing for more to win this year is a useless hope and plan.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Sully was a rookie. A contributing one no doubt, but this isn't a devastating loss. We needed a big anyway. I doubt this curtails any plans Ainge has.

vCash
    Bass back to starting? Time to blow it the **** up boys. Start Bradley, Lee, Pierce, Green, KG. Trade Terry, Bass, Barbosa, Wilcox, Collins. Bring Melo into the rotation. I would have said get Kris Joseph some run, but they cut him to free up a roster spot to do absolutely nothing with.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    If anything, it means we can keep him in potential trades now that he's injured.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agar81 View Post
    If anything, it means we can keep him in potential trades now that he's injured.
    True, but hopefully they get to the bottom of this and we need to be sure it's not a career threatening injury.

This in no way means we are blowing it up. Give it up with the blow it up talk, because it isn't happening. I don't know how many times I have to say it, but the owners would never let Ainge do that. They'd fire him first. The team has amassed too much value for them to let Ainge do that. They would lose too much money.

vCash
    Hate to be an "I told you so", but I told you this would probably happen.

It sucks to be right this time.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash

A. Sherrod Blakely‏@SherrodbCSN

#CelticsTalk Confirmed: Jared Sullinger will miss the rest of the season due to a back injury that requires surgery: http://ow.ly/hlpWZ
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    I think the agent for Kenyon Martin's phone may be blowing up right about now.

vCash
    Thought crossed my mind too.

I'm not so sure though. It would be a panic response. Not sure it would be the best response.

4 open roster spots.

Limited capspace.

This is likely the land in the sand.

Fill the open spots with FA's / buyouts.

Trade?

Hello Fab Melo?

DAnny.... PP and KG.... have some difficult decisions to make.

vCash
    Double Post?

vCash
    This season sucks.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast