Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    One game sample size? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    why would casey get mad...the raptors just got a bit better
    Casey was pissed cause he lost Calderon, but he aint mad after tonight.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Hollins doesn't pay the bills. Now do your job, and coach.
    This

vCash
    Well, Toronto won tonight with Rudy getting 20 and leading all scorers; Detroit won tonight without Calderon and Memphis up 8 with 20 someodd seconds to go..........nice.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I honestly wasn't aware that the Lakers even had a statistical consultant . From how their roster has been built the last few years it seems they simply just go for the big names with no regards to bench players and whatnot. Not a bad thing but thats more about money/market than advanced scouting.

In terms of roster construction it didn't play a role, it doesn't take much analysis to realize going after Bron/Bosh is good for your team. It had more of a role in terms of projecting the newcomers numbers and where they would be best effective. You can chalk that up to plain old fashion scouting, but Spoelstra knew the numbers and it shaped his strat.

Well that depends on how you view things, Daryl Morey was actually in Boston before being hired by the Rockets. In his short time in Boston IIRC he was a huge fan of Rondo and Scalabrine (yes I know). Then with Houston he worked with JVG and his assistant (Tom Thibs) and provided them with intense scouting reports. By intense I mean the kind of analysis that Thibs covets, like what kind of fouls refs are more prone to calling and what not.

You could argue that it was Morey's super computer tactics that improved an already genius defensive mind. That mind played a huge role in Boston's defense and subsequently how the league at large now defends. (Loading up strong side box has never been so prevalent)

Stats dont play a huge role in the big picture, but they provide a competitive advantage at finding daimonds in the rough and building a supporting cast.

Ive said this a million times, the move for LeBron James will net you more victories, but being able to find a valuable role players late in the draft requires more intellect and analysis which can net you great returns later.

Not buying your Dallas argument tho
    Thanks for your response and I bolded the most important point you made and the one that alot of the AS guys miss...

As for the Dallas argument... it is pretty straightforward... the played miserably in the Portland series and barely got through... got incredibly hot from there on...

there shooting numbers against the Heat were off the charts and not indicative how they would have played over an extended period of time... go look at the shooting during the critical stretches during the key wins against the Heat... the numbers are mind boggling

I am no way taking away from Dallas's chip... they totally deserved it ... but it was the perfect storm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    Casey was pissed cause he lost Calderon, but he aint mad after tonight.
    casey will realized that the raptors just got a whole lot better...btw...u gotta change that sig pic

vCash
    Hollins was all smiles today its been a hard week for him Conley was injured and he only had about 8 players because of the trades with Cleveland and the Raps.

vCash
    well they lost Mayo and Gay now. I'm sorry but your talent level just went way down.

and people gotta stop bringing up the 2 years ago 3 OT away from the Finals. If they had Rudy Gay, they probably could have made it. Next year, different scenario, but different factors. Now you might say they lost b/c of Rudy Gay, then you don't realize there are 4 other players and a whole bench that also plays as well. Gay might have been the scapegoat but i'm sure he wasn't the reason why they lost.

now the team chemistry you say might get better but considering Gay is only 26 years old (and Mayo before him), its obvious Memphis isn't getting any younger or more talented with these moves. Sure they get flexibilty, and that is what it comes down to, money. And the matter of truth is that it will doubly as hard to get someone of Gay's calibre to play that position every again, franchise wise.

I just don't see how this trade makes them any more of a contender than they were with Gay. Ed Davis isn't going to get a lot of minutes anymore so its a moot point.

money wise, win for Memphis. talent wise- Toronto only gave them an expiring and a so-so big, its quite obvious the Raptors won the trade, short and long term. You gotta remember its only two more years of Rudy Gay. Salary wise for the Raps - they were most likely not going to be major players for marquee free agents this offseason. If they can trade themselves out of the Bargnani contract for an expriring, that will open up the doors a little bit more. or they keep him and Bargs is a changed man with his sabbatical he has taken so far with his injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Thanks for your response and I bolded the most important point you made and the one that alot of the AS guys miss...

As for the Dallas argument... it is pretty straightforward... the played miserably in the Portland series and barely got through... got incredibly hot from there on...

there shooting numbers against the Heat were off the charts and not indicative how they would have played over an extended period of time... go look at the shooting during the critical stretches during the key wins against the Heat... the numbers are mind boggling

I am no way taking away from Dallas's chip... they totally deserved it ... but it was the perfect storm

They have stats for guys who are on the court together. Like Rondo's teammates do better on three point shooting when he is in, but worse in the paint. This is because the clog the paint more because they are daring him to shoot the midrange. So his teammates do worse in the paint, but better outside.

Stats, if you look hard enough, account for more than you can imagine. And that's why speaking without proper knowledge on them is pretty ignorant.

vCash
    i don't blame hollins for being upset....john hollinger ****ed up

vCash
    If it there were a ton of super efficient wing scorers that can create their own shots every team would have at least one. There's a very small list of guys that give you what Gay does while shooting a high percentage.

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

vCash
    Gay could be pretty frustrating at times. He would just drift off and lose focus in a game. Watched him do it many times. But I will surely miss him. Glad he got a good start last night. Memphis will be fine.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567