Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    You make no sense, stop contradicting your own words. You said Rose sells more jerseys and etc but you forget that LeBron sold the most jerseys in 2010, the year he left Cleveland for Miami. Fans hated him and he was disliked. Arguably the most scrutinized and hated man at that time. Yet he had the best selling jersey. Why?

Also, LeBron is more liked than Rose based on the fact that the majority of China, which has the largest fans of NBA, all adore LeBron and Kobe. I've been to China twice these past five years and Rose was never that player they talked about.

LeBron also has the best selling jersey this year.

I'm not understanding what you're talking about. There are many people who hate LeBron but his amount of fans and things he has done for charities has certainly made him the most popular today.
    Contradict myself? How in the world did I contract myself when you're going on about jersey sales when you recently stated their alleged irrelevance. I'm saying it's how you look at it. If you consider someone who everybody knows, but many hate, popular, LeBron and Kobe take the cake. If you consider someone who is liked by many and hated by almost none, D Rose and KD take the cake.

He had the best selling jersey because more people like him that people like D Rose. Yes. But my point was that Rose receives so much less hate than LeBron when you consider how many people know of LeBron compared to D Rose.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAtheist View Post
    It's true most of us Canadians are trying to build a giant electric fence along the border to keep the Americans from coming here and ruining our economy like they did theirs.
    It's not all our faults. Blame the big people.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    This sounds like a legit comparison. China has like 4 TIMES as many people as the US.

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    China is bit by bit becoming the first economic power in the world.
    as a matter of fact they have both USA en EUROPE external debts in their hands, so they have both grabbed by the balls.
    So it wouldnt be much of a surprise if they ended up creating the best league.
    Agree with the first part. The one problem I see with them creating best league is convinving the top players into moving there. Yes money will go along way but it isn't everything. And many might not be willing to up root their families or live that far from them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    It's not all our faults. Blame the big people.
    So now we are blaming Dwight Howard for the economy to?

vCash
    so T-Mac getting votes in China where he (sadly) the best player in the league in a ginormous country means he is more popular than Kobe? close this thread

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 8 Yards: 142 TD: 2

vCash
    Why are you making this about Kobe. If your stating that about T-mac shouldn't it be, T-Mac the biggest global basketball superstar. His votes are more than anyone in the NBA. But still your looking at it all wrong. You can't even compare the 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Is there any question now that T-Mac is a bigger global sports superstar, even in a declined state, than Kobe Bryant is?

T-Mac just set a record in votes in the CBA.

http://voice.hupu.com/cba/1317393.html

Translation:

The population in China vs America is irrelevant considering more Americans have internet access than in China along with NBA basketball being more popular than the CBA currently.

I think in another 20 years the CBA is going to be a very viable marketing opportunity for NBA players, and if the league lifts the import limit of 2 players, a lot of players could make the jump for more money and exposure.
    Uhhhh it's completely relevant. China's population decimates USA's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Is there any question now that T-Mac is a bigger global sports superstar, even in a declined state, than Kobe Bryant is?

T-Mac just set a record in votes in the CBA.

http://voice.hupu.com/cba/1317393.html

Translation:

The population in China vs America is irrelevant considering more Americans have internet access than in China along with NBA basketball being more popular than the CBA currently.

I think in another 20 years the CBA is going to be a very viable marketing opportunity for NBA players, and if the league lifts the import limit of 2 players, a lot of players could make the jump for more money and exposure.
    You do know that population of China is 1,353,821,000 while USA population is 315,255,000?

vCash
    The fact that Yi Jianlian has almost as many votes as Kobe should be enough of a reason to lock this thread and ban the thread starter from ever creating another thread.

My favorite line was "The population in China vs America is irrrelevant..." lol

And of course this becomes a Kobe vs LeBron thread. Some people in here really need to find a hobby.
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    Contradict myself? How in the world did I contract myself when you're going on about jersey sales when you recently stated their alleged irrelevance. I'm saying it's how you look at it. If you consider someone who everybody knows, but many hate, popular, LeBron and Kobe take the cake. If you consider someone who is liked by many and hated by almost none, D Rose and KD take the cake.

He had the best selling jersey because more people like him that people like D Rose. Yes. But my point was that Rose receives so much less hate than LeBron when you consider how many people know of LeBron compared to D Rose.
    Does anyone find how ironic this statement is? Why did you say "Rose had more jersey sales" because he's more liked but then when I told you LeBron sold the most jerseys, you create a random paragraph that makes absolutely no sense because you have nothing else to post?

I said jersey sales has nothing to do with popularity because that changes every year. Popularity doesn't just mean well liked, it also means respected. Go to China, you'll find out Rose is barely mentioned. I never went on about the liked by many or hated by many thing, Kobe is hated by many but still the most popular NBA player. Him and LeBron have the biggest endorsement deals. Why? Because they are the most popular stars.

vCash
    lol who the **** does tmac compete for the votes with? and how about kobe? huh!
    My TOP 10 favorite NBA players of All Time

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Allen Iverson
    3. Reggie Miller
    4. Andrew Bynum
    5. Wilt Chamberlain
    6. Steve Nash
    7. Lamar Odom
    8. Ben Gordon
    9. Ray Allen
    10. Carmelo Anthony

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    i think it also has to do with in the NBA, the superstars split the votes, in china there is really only one guy to vote for.
    This. Tmac is in no way a bigger global icon than Kobe or bron.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234