Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Is there any question now that T-Mac is a bigger global sports superstar, even in a declined state, than Kobe Bryant is?

    T-Mac just set a record in votes in the CBA.

    http://voice.hupu.com/cba/1317393.html

    Translation:


    The population in China vs America is irrelevant considering more Americans have internet access than in China along with NBA basketball being more popular than the CBA currently.

    I think in another 20 years the CBA is going to be a very viable marketing opportunity for NBA players, and if the league lifts the import limit of 2 players, a lot of players could make the jump for more money and exposure.
    I'm pretty sure China has more online users than the American population as a whole...you should really check that stat
    Quote Originally Posted by David123 View Post
    I think Al Davis is a robot created in the 1960's to run a afl franchise.
    --------------
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    Billboard is too new technology for Al Davis. I'm going to be a maverick and do it the way Al can understand. I will hire a horseman to deliver the petitions and send Morse code to him.
    ------------------------

    "What people don't get about me, is that I'm a rockstar first, and a basketball player second," - Lamar Odom

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,281
    vCash
    1500
    IF Kobe played in China, he'd get over 3 mil, especially playing at the level he is today.
    I'd love to see Kobe retire in Italy.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    OP is way out of his mind. China has the most internet users in the world. Their population is what makes up for it. The fact is they voted for McGrady because he's the biggest star they have in that league. Same reason why people voted for KG when he isn't good, because he's a star. I'm not sure what OP is talking about. Globally, Kobe is the most successful NBA star. I mean the facts prove it. LeBron may soon surpass Kobe in his future in terms of marketability, but Kobe is the top guy. He's had the best selling jerseys for a long time now in China. The NBA being more popular has nothing to do with it. There's a thing called censorship in China. Who knows what they censor these days? Fail thread by OP thinking he's smart.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    307
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    This has got to be one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen.

    So by your logic Yi Jianlin with 1,559,634 votes is a "bigger global superstar" than Kevin Durant who received only 1,504,047 votes? If Kobe was playing in China he would break T-Mac's "record" for most all-star votes.

    Your statement asking if there is "any question" that T-Mac is a bigger superstar than Kobe can also apply to LeBron, Durant, Dwight, Melo, and Chris Paul right? Because he received more votes than them as well.

    If you hate Kobe just come out and say it, stop with this ******** passive aggressive dumbass deductive logic. You're a moron.
    sounds like you just described a couple posters that go by the names of chronz and hawkeye with this quote

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,649
    vCash
    1500
    Doesn't hurt that he played with Yao on the Rockets. But if Starbury is the other guard option, I mean, c'mon.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Is there any question now that T-Mac is a bigger global sports superstar, even in a declined state, than Kobe Bryant is?

    T-Mac just set a record in votes in the CBA.

    http://voice.hupu.com/cba/1317393.html

    Translation:


    The population in China vs America is irrelevant considering more Americans have internet access than in China along with NBA basketball being more popular than the CBA currently.

    I think in another 20 years the CBA is going to be a very viable marketing opportunity for NBA players, and if the league lifts the import limit of 2 players, a lot of players could make the jump for more money and exposure.
    Kobe is the biggest superstar in the NBA especially outside of the USA. I'm from the UK and nobody knows Lebron, Chris Paul, Durant etc..only basketball fanatics.

    Kobe is quiet popular though. Even during London 2012, the BBC (UK's main tv network) talked only about Kobe when the USA were coming out during the opening ceremony.
    So if Lebron is so superior to Kobe, why isnt Lebron more popular?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjake View Post
    Kobe is the biggest superstar in the NBA especially outside of the USA. I'm from the UK and nobody knows Lebron, Chris Paul, Durant etc..only basketball fanatics.

    Kobe is quiet popular though. Even during London 2012, the BBC (UK's main tv network) talked only about Kobe when the USA were coming out during the opening ceremony.
    So if Lebron is so superior to Kobe, why isnt Lebron more popular?
    Because he's been in the NBA longer? That doesn't mean Kobe is better than LeBron. I bet you people know about Kobe more than Jordan just based off the fact that Kobe has been playing longer during a time of huge media press.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    656
    vCash
    1500
    if Kobe plays in China the poll numbers would explode. prolly in the tens of millions.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    if Kobe plays in China the poll numbers would explode. prolly in the tens of millions.
    Kobe would never play in China. He's an *** who laughs at people who do.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,193
    vCash
    1500
    If Kobe was playing in China, he would get more votes than McGrady. Tracy is a big star but Kobe is a bigger star.

    And really, imo people living in China don't care as much about the NBA as all of us think they do. Sure, they were into watching Yao when he was in the NBA. If we had access to watch McGrady in China, I would watch the CBA. Now that Yao isn't in the NBA, we can't assume they watch as much as we do. They probably watch their own league more than the NBA?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Kobe would never play in China. He's an *** who laughs at people who do.
    never said he personally would go there, just pointing out his popularity.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    696
    vCash
    1500
    this thread is so stupid, in b4 lock
    @mvbisecco
    follow me on twitter and i'll follow you
    SMOKE WEED ERR DAY

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    19
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Because he's been in the NBA longer? That doesn't mean Kobe is better than LeBron. I bet you people know about Kobe more than Jordan just based off the fact that Kobe has been playing longer during a time of huge media press.
    and that's not true, all my college friends have jordan shoes on and sometimes i see jordan jerseys at the local park or arena. jordan is far more popular than kobe.

    d rose is more popular than lebron outside of the us and maybe in the us but is he a better player, no?. my whole point is the op is clearly trying to dig that kobe isnt as popular as most think.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjake View Post
    and that's not true, all my college friends have jordan shoes on and sometimes i see jordan jerseys at the local park or arena. jordan is far more popular than kobe.

    d rose is more popular than lebron outside of the us and maybe in the us but is he a better player, no?. my whole point is the op is clearly trying to dig that kobe isnt as popular as most think.
    The fact that you even assumed Rose is more poplar than LeBron concludes that you don't know much.

    Once again, we're talking on a global scale. Jordan hasn't played for a long time. He retired before media became a huge sensation. Your college friends having Jordan's and his jerseys doesn't mean on a global scale he is bigger.. I have no idea what you're trying to prove.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjake View Post
    and that's not true, all my college friends have jordan shoes on and sometimes i see jordan jerseys at the local park or arena. jordan is far more popular than kobe.

    d rose is more popular than lebron outside of the us and maybe in the us but is he a better player, no?. my whole point is the op is clearly trying to dig that kobe isnt as popular as most think.
    The fact that you even assumed Rose is more poplar than LeBron concludes that you don't know much.

    Once again, we're talking on a global scale. Jordan hasn't played for a long time. He retired before media became a huge sensation. Your college friends having Jordan's and his jerseys doesn't mean on a global scale he is bigger.. I have no idea what you're trying to prove.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •