Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

All Star Votes: Tracy McGrady- 2,218,388 (CBA) Kobe Bryant - 1,591,437 (NBA)

Is there any question now that T-Mac is a bigger global sports superstar, even in a declined state, than Kobe Bryant is?

T-Mac just set a record in votes in the CBA.

http://voice.hupu.com/cba/1317393.html

Translation:
    2013 all-star first CBA all-Star weekend players vote begin in Beijing on December 24, after more than a month of voting, today (February 1) announced the final results. Foreign aid t-Mac was King by 2,218,388 Qingdao team, Yi Jianlian (1,559,634 votes), Marbury (1,230,561) broken down two or three digits.
    The population in China vs America is irrelevant considering more Americans have internet access than in China along with NBA basketball being more popular than the CBA currently.

I think in another 20 years the CBA is going to be a very viable marketing opportunity for NBA players, and if the league lifts the import limit of 2 players, a lot of players could make the jump for more money and exposure.

vCash
    I think that to do more about general population than popularity.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    I think that to do more about general population than popularity.......
    But the NBA is far and away more popular in China than the CBA.

So the NBA does a marketing blitz where you can vote for All Stars from anywhere, online, your phone, etc and the leading vote-getter is Kobe at 1.5 Milion yet in China basically nearly everyone who voted chose T-Mac at 2.2 Million?
    Last edited by Fresno; 02-01-2013 at 01:47 PM.

vCash
    Players go where the money is. Wouldn't surpirse me if the CBA got big in 10 years when they can get unlimited budget from owners.

vCash
    Nah

vCash
    China is bit by bit becoming the first economic power in the world.
    as a matter of fact they have both USA en EUROPE external debts in their hands, so they have both grabbed by the balls.
    So it wouldnt be much of a surprise if they ended up creating the best league.

vCash
    Population of China=1.354 billion or just around 20% of all human beings on Earth

There are over 1 billion more people in China than there are in the USA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Americans have more internet access overall.

But the NBA is far and away more popular in China than the CBA.

So the NBA does a marketing blitz where you can vote for All Stars from anywhere, online, your phone, etc and the leading vote-getter is Kobe at 1.5 Milion yet in China basically nearly everyone who voted chose T-Mac at 2.2 Million?
    Evidence/link to back that up?

China has large internet cafes that are VERY popular. I think it's surely possible mainland urban China has more people than the US with access to these. Hence, higher votes.

You also have many people in the US voting for their hometown/fav player thats not Kobe. In China you have ONE recognizable star people will vote for.

This more has to do with demographics/population rather than popularity
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 02-01-2013 at 01:42 PM.

vCash
    Evidence/link to back that up?

China has large internet cafes that are VERY popular. I think it's surely possible mainland urban China has more people than the US with access to these. Hence, higher votes.

You also have many people in the US voting for their hometown/fav player thats not Kobe. In China you have ONE recognizable star people will vote for.

This more has to do with demographics/population rather than popularity
    Actually you may be right.

What I was looking at said the average American has more internet accessibility than in China.

Didn't think of "internet cafe's" where dozens of people can go to get internet access for awhile and go back home/work/school. Have you ever seen one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Population of China=1.354 billion or just around 20% of all human beings on Earth

There are over 1 billion more people in China than there are in the USA
    this

vCash

vCash
    i think it also has to do with in the NBA, the superstars split the votes, in china there is really only one guy to vote for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Actually you may be right.

What I was looking at said the average American has more internet accessibility than in China.

Didn't think of "internet cafe's" where dozens of people can go to get internet access for awhile and go back home/work/school. Have you ever seen one?
    I've been to one in the US when they popped up about 5-6 years ago.

In China though I've seen pics.....100's pileed into a relativity small area. You sometimes hear stories of people passing out and whatnot in them from playing too long. Since people in China cant really afford a computer capable of playing games most rely on these. Their extremely popular in South Korea too.

Heres a pic http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...&tx=183&ty=222

vCash
    I've been to one in the US when they popped up about 5-6 years ago.

In China though I've seen pics.....100's pileed into a relativity small area. You sometimes hear stories of people passing out and whatnot in them from playing too long. Since people in China cant really afford a computer capable of playing games most rely on these. Their extremely popular in South Korea too.

Heres a pic http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...&tx=183&ty=222
    I just googled it. Based on what you said, the rates are quite expensive (after currency conversion). However I'm assuming the computers are always updated which is amazing if you're into video games.

vCash
    This has got to be one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen.

So by your logic Yi Jianlin with 1,559,634 votes is a "bigger global superstar" than Kevin Durant who received only 1,504,047 votes? If Kobe was playing in China he would break T-Mac's "record" for most all-star votes.

Your statement asking if there is "any question" that T-Mac is a bigger superstar than Kobe can also apply to LeBron, Durant, Dwight, Melo, and Chris Paul right? Because he received more votes than them as well.

If you hate Kobe just come out and say it, stop with this ******** passive aggressive dumbass deductive logic. You're a moron.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast