Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who would you rather have kept?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Davis

    5 12.82%
  • Ross

    34 87.18%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: davis or ross

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,333
    vCash
    1500
    As for closing the chapter on Bargnani, I'm not against it but IMO it wouldn't hurt to see his fit with Gay on roster even if to only build value before doing so. I remain Bargnani gives this big man depth versatility, doesn't mean he has to start.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,389
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Then your concern is with coaching. Casey can use all of Jonas, Gray & Bargnani at C.

    Gray for size/strength match ups, Jonas for prototypical length, energy, speed & Bargnani offensively.

    Prototypical lineup

    Gray/Val
    Amir/Bargnani
    Gay
    DD/Ross
    Lowry

    Unconventional spacing

    Bargnani -stretch
    Amir - post big
    Gay - pseudo PF
    DD - post him against smaller players
    Lowry

    Small ball

    Amir/Jonas
    Gay
    DD
    Ross
    Lowry
    This is why you don't rush rebuilds. You end up with platoons instead of rock solid talent. I see your point about how to deploy WHAT WE'VE GOT and it's nicely laid out but it is a patchwork approach rather than working with the kind of dominant talent you can get if you draft slowly and carefully.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,389
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    As for closing the chapter on Bargnani, I'm not against it but IMO it wouldn't hurt to see his fit with Gay on roster even if to only build value before doing so. I remain Bargnani gives this big man depth versatility, doesn't mean he has to start.
    On bad nights I can see the Raptors jacking up a lot of shots. Not every team is going to give us fast break after fast break every night.

    I have a very strong feeling we are going to see Bargnani in a Raptors uniform for a while, and largely BECAUSE of the trade assets we expended in the Gay trade. Plus I can already sense that BC is hedging back to not giving up on his big project.
    Last edited by ink; 02-02-2013 at 09:33 AM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,333
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    This is why you don't rush rebuilds. You end up with platoons instead of rock solid talent. I see your point about how to deploy WHAT WE'VE GOT and it's nicely laid out but it is a patchwork approach rather than working with the kind of dominant talent you can get if you draft slowly and carefully.
    I don't consider trading for a 26yo about to enter his prime rushing a rebuild. What I find ironic is the people saying this, want a 30yo Gasol.

    Bargnani -27
    Gay -26
    Lowry -26
    Amir -25
    DeRozan -23
    Acy -22
    Ross -21
    Jonas 20

    Don't know how you can consider trading a 30yo expiring PG & a 24yo PF for a 26yo SF who better balances the teams talent, rushing a rebuild.

    AA is expiring, Klieza has a year left & if this team trades out Bargnani or amnesties him the oldest player on roster would be lucas at (30) followed by Gay (26).

    With several young assets they could use in trade. Seeing you refer to Calderon & Ed as our 2 biggest assets has me confused. I would think our 2 biggest trade assets are Jonas & Ross.
    Last edited by B2B; 02-02-2013 at 10:25 AM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,003
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    I dont think so. I think Casey has proven that he's gotten hold of this team now and he wont let Bargnani shoot 20 shots a game anymore like he did in the beginning of the season. I think when Bargnani comes back, he's gonna be efficient, and there will be less focus on him defensively. He's a decent one-on-one defender and thats what we need still in terms of big man. Amir can't do it all the time.

    I think Bargnani as a 3rd/4th option is going to help this team moving forward and I actually like that he CAN space the floor or play in the post. as long as the ball is not in his hands for more than 5 seconds in any given 24 second shot clock possession.
    how many minutes per game do you think he should play?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,003
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    On bad nights I can see the Raptors jacking up a lot of shots. Not every team is going to give us fast break after fast break every night.

    I have a very strong feeling we are going to see Bargnani in a Raptors uniform for a while, and largely BECAUSE of the trade assets we expended in the Gay trade. Plus I can already sense that BC is hedging back to not giving up on his big project.
    you are starting to sound a lot like me but there is something that irks me about that. usually when people have said "BC will never trade Bargnani!" you have been quick to point out comments in the media, rumours and the like and say that obviously he is going to, obviously his feelings have changed. so why at a time when BC continues to make those sorts of comments (like the ones from the other night) have you decided all of a sudden to join the other side of the argument? what has changed for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,333
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you are starting to sound a lot like me but there is something that irks me about that. usually when people have said "BC will never trade Bargnani!" you have been quick to point out comments in the media, rumours and the like and say that obviously he is going to, obviously his feelings have changed. so why at a time when BC continues to make those sorts of comments (like the ones from the other night) have you decided all of a sudden to join the other side of the argument? what has changed for you?
    He's a moderator, apposing views generate discussion.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,288
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    I don't consider trading for a 26yo about to enter his prime rushing a rebuild. What I find ironic is the people saying this, want a 30yo Gasol.

    Bargnani -27
    Gay -26
    Lowry -26
    Amir -25
    DeRozan -23
    Acy -22
    Ross -21
    Jonas 20

    Don't know how you can consider trading a 30yo expiring PG & a 24yo PF for a 26yo SF who better balances the teams talent, rushing a rebuild.

    AA is expiring, Klieza has a year left & if this team trades out Bargnani or amnesties him the oldest player on roster would be lucas at (30) followed by Gay (26).

    With several young assets they could use in trade. Seeing you refer to Calderon & Ed as our 2 biggest assets has me confused. I would think our 2 biggest trade assets are Jonas & Ross.
    Man, Amir has been in the NBA for so long that I often forget about how young he really is. He is really carving out a niche for himself. If he continues to improve his free throws and his mid range, he'll be a solid solid starter.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,288
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    how many minutes per game do you think he should play?
    I don't want him to play any minutes. I'll rather go small and develop Ross than to sacrifice time for Andrea. I know we'll have to play him to showcase him for trades and what not but with the addition of Rudy Gay and with the emergence of AA and DD as reliable offensive options, what niche Andrea has (can) carved out for himself is easily replaceable.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 02-02-2013 at 11:58 AM.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,003
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I don't want him to play any minutes. I'll rather go small and develop Ross than to sacrifice time for Andrea. I know we'll have to play him to showcase him for trades and what not but with the addition of Rudy Gay and with the emergence of AA and DD as reliable offensive options, what niche Andrea has (can) carved out for himself is easily replaceable.
    i agree. after the trade for Gay i'm not interested in seeing Bargnani as a sixth man anymore. i think we could use someone who is more of a facilitator in that role.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,288
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i agree. after the trade for Gay i'm not interested in seeing Bargnani as a sixth man anymore. i think we could use someone who is more of a facilitator in that role.
    Jarrett Jack and Kirilenko would be awesome fits. Tony Allen would be another player I'll pursue in the off-season as well.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,389
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    I don't consider trading for a 26yo about to enter his prime rushing a rebuild. What I find ironic is the people saying this, want a 30yo Gasol.
    It's not just the age, it's the process that has been aborted. You can never get as good talent as economically as through the draft. That ship has sailed though. And btw, I have been against Gasol for a while, but now that the rebuild is scuttled I could see his veteran presence being very useful at C. Kind of a super-Rasho.
    Last edited by ink; 02-02-2013 at 12:30 PM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    48,389
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you are starting to sound a lot like me but there is something that irks me about that. usually when people have said "BC will never trade Bargnani!" you have been quick to point out comments in the media, rumours and the like and say that obviously he is going to, obviously his feelings have changed. so why at a time when BC continues to make those sorts of comments (like the ones from the other night) have you decided all of a sudden to join the other side of the argument? what has changed for you?
    Because I think he will be tempted to see his big project in action with Gay. And I think there has been an element of motivation involved in what he's been doing and saying lately. If Bargnani has an ounce of competitive spark he will have A LOT TO PROVE when he gets back. I don't think for a second that BC hasn't been doing that willfully, poking him harder and harder with talk of trades, and the need to produce.

    I mean everyone is talking about Bargnani as if he's a complete loser and doesn't have any skills except shooting when obviously that is incorrect. Time for him to prove it. This is the moment when he either does and BC gets what he really wanted -- to have his #1 come through finally -- or it's the moment where he gets moved.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •