Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have kept?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Davis

5 12.82%
  • Ross

34 87.18%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: davis or ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Ross. I loved Davis' development but the main reason I didn't want him traded was because I liked seeing a traditional post player for a change instead of Bargnani. Trading Davis left a void in the post that we need to fill.

Ross has the broader range of skills and has more upside.

I like Davis because he already basically has one unstoppable move, but Jonas has a more well rounded game in the post. We will still see post plays once JV gets back.

Amir is also getting pretty good at scoring with that right handed baby hook, we just use him in the high post more then we use him in the low post because of how good he is at playing P&R.

vCash
    T-Ross because of his upside. Guys like Davis are a lot easier to find...

vCash
    Ross. This team needs the perimeter shooting. His athleticism is probably better too. Both can defend, but Ross' offensive game has more upside.

I love Ed tho, man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    funny how we haven't heard anything on eddy d on twitter or whatever. dude seems really devastated over this trade
    He's making some nice coin to play basketball, I'm sure he'll be alright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    He's making some nice coin to play basketball, I'm sure he'll be alright.
    its not about the money its just refreshing 2 see some players love toronto and care about playing and enjoying the city. with all the bad press over the yrs its nice 2 see more players enjoying their time here.

vCash
    its not about the money its just refreshing 2 see some players love toronto and care about playing and enjoying the city. with all the bad press over the yrs its nice 2 see more players enjoying their time here.
    I figured that the only people that actually still believe that garbage are xenophobic Americans and casual Canadian basketball fans. If you are a winner and are willing to spend money, players will come.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I voted Ross, but I'm a big fan of Davis. I'm sure he has, but I swear I've never seen Davis fumble a pass - and he gets some tough ones in the post! He also seems to have "the touch" around the rim that allows his layups and hook shots to go in and not clank out as they often seem to do with young players. I think he'll make a good first forward off the bench in Memphis. Hopefully they're able to give him 20+ minutes a game.

vCash
    funny how we haven't heard anything on eddy d on twitter or whatever. dude seems really devastated over this trade
    With Randolph's contract having 2ys remaining & Davis up for an extension next season with Memphis financially conscious, how much would they give Ed to temporarily backup Randolph if they are intent on keeping him.

IMO if they are serious about Ed, I think you'll see a Randolph trade before the end of next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Analyst View Post
    I voted Ross, but I'm a big fan of Davis. I'm sure he has, but I swear I've never seen Davis fumble a pass - and he gets some tough ones in the post! He also seems to have "the touch" around the rim that allows his layups and hook shots to go in and not clank out as they often seem to do with young players. I think he'll make a good first forward off the bench in Memphis. Hopefully they're able to give him 20+ minutes a game.
    The thing that made Davis good is he played within himself, he never tried to do too much. However that,s kind of the point.

vCash
    I believe Ross is the right choice to keep. As a poster said earlier, Ed is easier to replace. Harder to find a two way wing player that can shoot. Would like a trade similar to this to happen next;

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c789t73

vCash
    Most definitely ross. He has more upside.

vCash
    ed dont want to be in no memphis. hes signing back here

vCash
    Easier to get a power forward, Ross looks like he's got really good upside as a defender and shooter as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    You preferred Davis starting against bigger front courts?
    I was talking about the future needs of the team now that Davis is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Does the team not have to upgrade talent with Davis as well?
    Not as urgently. The two man rotation of Amir and Ed at PF was being deployed pretty effectively by Casey. There's also a need for a big body at C. The bigs rotation is seriously thin and needs another move in general.

vCash
    With regards to our current roster, probably Davis.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast