Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have kept?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Davis

5 12.82%
  • Ross

34 87.18%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: davis or ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Ross. I loved Davis' development but the main reason I didn't want him traded was because I liked seeing a traditional post player for a change instead of Bargnani. Trading Davis left a void in the post that we need to fill.

Ross has the broader range of skills and has more upside.
    Amir?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    davis' defense is overrated

its better than bargnani but that is not saying much

one of the reasons why casey goes with amir johnson to close the games. too many times have i seen davis get out muscled, out of position, missing defensive rotations and other assignments
    Definitely. Boozer dropped 36 & 12 on Davis lol. Earl Clarke got a double double on Davis David Lee made Davis look like a pylon out there. the list goes on...
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Amir?
    He's only one player and I like him off the bench, especially against some of the bigger frontcourts.

vCash
    He's only one player and I like him off the bench, especially against some of the bigger frontcourts.
    Amir has been our best two way player this season. I like him starting or off the bench. As long as he doesn't have to go up agasint C's... He's actually a top 50 player in the league if you look at the stats.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Amir has been our best two way player this season. I like him starting or off the bench. As long as he doesn't have to go up agasint C's he's actually a top 50 player in the league.
    I like a lot about him but I'm talking about doing more than be a treadmill team. With this trade for Rudy we are still a treadmill team at best. The talent is going to have to continue to be upgraded, as much as we all love Amir for so many different qualities he brings to the floor.

vCash
    You preferred Davis starting against bigger front courts?

vCash
    I like a lot about him but I'm talking about doing more than be a treadmill team. With this trade for Rudy we are still a treadmill team at best. The talent is going to have to continue to be upgraded, as much as we all love Amir for so many different qualities he brings to the floor.
    which is why im proposing this trade!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a6rl2tc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Amir has been our best two way player this season. I like him starting or off the bench. As long as he doesn't have to go up agasint C's... He's actually a top 50 player in the league if you look at the stats.
    Amir is similar/better overall & only 2ys older than Davis. Ink's problem is with Bargnani & the teams view of him. IMO this concern should be separated from trade.

vCash
    Definitely, I love Amir's game and I would hope that this team get's good enough to the point where we can bring him off the bench to abuse second units.

http://www.82games.com/1213/ROLRTG8.HTM

Johnson is rated 30th in this "simple" rating system. I'm very high on our talent & I don't see BC stopping here. He knows he needs an upgrade at PF & I'm sure he's aggressively pursuing one.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I think amir with the way he's played last 10 or so games will do what davis did, 10-15 ppg 6-10 reb with 48-55 fg%. I'd like to see amir continue 2 start with val.

vCash
    Does the team not have to upgrade talent with Davis as well?

Gay is the best player in trade 2-3ys older than Davis about to enter his prime. Raptors upgraded talent, IMO a progressive move.

The only thing acquiring Gay did negatively, is cap out a team that can't successfully utilize cap space.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    I think amir with the way he's played last 10 or so games will do what davis did, 10-15 ppg 6-10 reb with 48-55 fg%. I'd like to see amir continue 2 start with val.
    Also recently shown & something that rarely gets mentioned, is Amir's passing. I personally don't think he's tapped as a player.

vCash
    funny how we haven't heard anything on eddy d on twitter or whatever. dude seems really devastated over this trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    This !

vCash
    honestly with the new ownership BC has kind of hinted that money will not be an issue moving forward. I think we are going to be paying lux tax to acquire talent because the owners want to win at all costs so that refreshing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast