Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have kept?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Davis

5 12.82%
  • Ross

34 87.18%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: davis or ross

vCash

davis or ross

who would you have rather kept? position we needed more, and who has the better upside?

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    well i like ross and all but davis for sure...
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    who would you have rather kept? position we needed more, and who has the better upside?
    Ross. I loved Davis' development but the main reason I didn't want him traded was because I liked seeing a traditional post player for a change instead of Bargnani. Trading Davis left a void in the post that we need to fill.

Ross has the broader range of skills and has more upside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Ross. I loved Davis' development but the main reason I didn't want him traded was because I liked seeing a traditional post player for a change instead of Bargnani. Trading Davis left a void in the post that we need to fill.

Ross has the broader range of skills and has more upside.
    Davis, IMO, was a hustle player. a player who can't create his own shot or even have shot. he was great rebounder but thats really it. I don't expect him to reproduce those numbers in Memphis.

vCash
    I would rather have kept Davis.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    I added a poll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Davis, IMO, was a hustle player. a player who can't create his own shot or even have shot. he was great rebounder but thats really it. I don't expect him to reproduce those numbers in Memphis.
    there are plenty of hustle players. we had plenty, humphries, evans, amir johnson, ed davis.

i agree his offense was limited. amir johnson had a better jumper than he did

which is why i go with Ross. someone who is a 2way player and has so much more potential

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    +1.

Ross is going to be special. He's already lightyears ahead of Davis in his skills development and already defends his position better than Davis ever will.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Ross and it isn't even close.

vCash
    ross easily. a player like davis can be found anywhere but ross has actual talent and 2 hands. im convinced eds right hand is a prosthetic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    +1.

Ross is going to be special. He's already lightyears ahead of Davis in his skills development and already defends his position better than Davis ever will.
    davis' defense is overrated

its better than bargnani but that is not saying much

one of the reasons why casey goes with amir johnson to close the games. too many times have i seen davis get out muscled, out of position, missing defensive rotations and other assignments

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    there are plenty of hustle players. we had plenty, humphries, evans, amir johnson, ed davis.

which is why i go with Ross. someone who is a 2way player and has so much more potential
    like I mean, Amir is only 25 years old. still a little foul prone, plus he had a freagin haircut/dye with the Raptor claw on his head. How can you trade that away?

we only really need one hustle player at the PF and its Amir. plus we have another in JVal (for now) We need some more skilled and developed talent -cuz there is no way BC is going to tank this ship anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    Davis was further along the development scale being 3ys into the league but IMO Ross' upside would bring more to the table if developed properly & realized. (Defense, 3 point shooting, paired with elite athleticism.

Where the decision IMO becomes more clear is in the body of factors.

-Davis had 1y left before extension (Knowing BC, a sizeable one), Ross is on rookie scale for the next 5 seasons. Considering the amount of money coming in with Gay's contract, one would expect rookie scale to play an important factor.

-Positional value, IMO At PF you have a better overall player in Amir & quality versatile/depth with Amir/Bargnani/Acy (prototypical/stretch/grinder). On the wing, Ross is not redundant, besides DeRozan, Fields/Klieza do not represent quality depth with AA expiring.

vCash
    Hands down Ross by a mile. I liked Davis for sure and this year he made a big jump but this is year three for Davis and year one for Ross. There are several Davis type of guys in this league but not many guys with the defence-3PT stroke and athleticism of a rookie like Ross.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post

^ this exactly.

Amir has a jumper and is a hustle player. Davis is due for a raise soon and Amir already makes decent money and can guard the 5.

I think Ross could be able to replace Derozan as the starting off guard because of his skill set. I think it matches up better with Gay in the long run.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast