Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Brandon Roy likely to retire at the end of the season

While performing a move in the first 20 minutes of the workout, he felt something in his right knee that he has felt far too often. He tweaked it, eliminating any possibility of him returning to action before the All-Star break.

“As soon as it happened, in my head, I said 'I quit. I just quit,” an emotional Roy told CSNNW.com. “That was my first thought, that I couldn't do this anymore.

“I'm at a crossroad in my career.”

He's certain that if he can't get right this season, it will be the end of his career. And he's fine with that.

“I look at it like this has got to be the last season,” he said. “I don't have any regrets because I know I tried to give it another season. So me saying this has to be the last season, it's not as difficult as it was last year. I tried. I gave it that last effort and it's time to move on. I'm at that range to where I'm at peace with things.”
    Just last night, Grant Hill, who has had his share of injuries, told Roy that he has done things in four years that guys in 15 years haven't.

“He said I was the man in the league,” Roy said. “That was crazy. Every team that has come through here has said they are glad that I'm back and wishing me the best. That was the good thing and that's the side that I can look back at when it's over and say 'I made my mark.' My peers respect me and at the end of the day, it was four great years.

“I'm not ready to say I'm going to retire, but if I can play the last 15 games of the year, that would be good enough for me.”
    http://www.csnnw.com/blog/blazers-ta...oach-if-doesnt

High character guy on and off the floor.

Its a shame he could only get 6 or 7 seasons out of a potential HOF career at the pace he was going as one of the Top 15 players in the NBA at his peak.

But this opens the door for Minnesota to trade him somewhere as an expirer.

vCash
    That we wont have him and Harden battling it out for the best SG title over the years will be a huge loss for fans. I understand the excitement over today's PG's, but I miss the dominance of swings.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Man this is sad he must be in some serious pain. I really feel for all these guys that have to retire early.
    New York Knicks Pride #2014 IM BACK. LETS GO

vCash
    Very sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SINCESTARBURY25 View Post
    Man this is sad he must be in some serious pain. I really feel for all these guys that have to retire early.
    Yeah and its nothing he can do about it either except skip practices and only play games or some sort of special basketball arrangement where he practices & plays a game every 2 games to relieve stress on his knees.

It is amazing how much he has done as a player with no cartilage in either of his knees.

vCash
    its sad when injuries **** up players careers regardless of how talented or not so talented they were.
    He could have played a couple asg and made some all league teams if his knees didnt fail him.

vCash
    Who didn't see this coming.

But honestly, very sad. Roy is a class act through and through.

vCash
    Why doesn't he retire now and give minny back the money they are wasting on him? And why did minny waste there time with him in the first place, what were they thinking?

Didn't he also demand a 2 year deal? I love him as a player, but WTF?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Why doesn't he retire now and give minny back the money they are wasting on him? And why did minny waste there time with him in the first place, what were they thinking?

I don't think they wasted the money on him, I mean if he could've stayed healthy then he would've given the Wolves a legit wing off the bench or starting.

Very sad to hear though.

vCash
    Loved watching him in his prime, but at this point, I just wish he would retire so we could use that money to help our depleted wing situation and sign someone.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Loved watching him in his prime, but at this point, I just wish he would retire so we could use that money to help our depleted wing situation and sign someone.
    Exactly, what's all this talk about him being a great guy, I'm sure he is, but what he did to minny flat out robbery.

vCash

Exactly, what's all this talk about him being a great guy, I'm sure he is, but what he did to minny flat out robbery.
    So your saying he should of just given up on doing what he loves, and because he didnt, he essentially stole money from Minnesota.

vCash
    That playoff game in '11 against the Mavs where was was limping on a bum knee like 8 days after surgery and willed his team to a ridiculous comeback victory was one of the most epic games I've ever witnessed. Probably a huge reason his career is over too. This dude forever has my respect. Clutch beast and true warrior out there.

For the lawls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFFn-kH7WMw

'I know Michael Jordan say he wish he played against me in his prime'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Victimize View Post
    So your saying he should of just given up on doing what he loves, and because he didnt, he essentially stole money from Minnesota.

I never said any of that, he knows hes not coming back, so why wait to retire? What happens next ywar when he says, "you know what I'll hang out a little while longer, I like that paycheck."

I don't remember the exact contract but isn't it something like 2 year 10 mil? Minny has no choice but to pay him right now, 10 mill for a few weeks work is a damn good deal. Minny got suckered, and if he was a good guy, he would retire already, but he's not.

vCash
    I never said any of that, he knows hes not coming back, so why wait to retire? What happens next ywar when he says, "you know what I'll hang out a little while longer, I like that paycheck."

I don't remember the exact contract but isn't it something like 2 year 10 mil? Minny has no choice but to pay him right now, 10 mill for a few weeks work is a damn good deal. Minny got suckered, and if he was a good guy, he would retire already, but he's not.
    2nd year isn't guaranteed, thank god. I mean, I get that he wanted to go out on his own terms, but he should have realized playing pickup ball is different than the grinding he would take in the NBA. If a knee on knee bump knocks you out of 35 games, just give it up man, you have your money for this year anyways.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast