Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

NY Rangers Official Game Thread (February Version)

Sat Feb 2, 2013 Rangers vs Lightning 7:00 PM
    Tue Feb 5, 2013 Rangers vs Devils 7:00 PM
    Thu Feb 7, 2013 Islanders vs Rangers 7:00 PM
    Sun Feb 10, 2013 Lightning vs Rangers 7:30 PM
    Tue Feb 12, 2013 Rangers vs Bruins 7:30 PM
    Thu Feb 14, 2013 Islanders vs Rangers 7:00 PM
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 Capitals vs Rangers 6:00 PM
    Tue Feb 19, 2013 Canadiens vs Rangers 7:00 PM
    Thu Feb 21, 2013 Rangers vs Senators 7:30 PM
    Sat Feb 23, 2013 Rangers vs Canadiens 7:00 PM
    Tue Feb 26, 2013 Jets vs Rangers 7:00 PM
    Thu Feb 28, 2013 Lightning vs Rangers 7:00 PM

vCash
    Well that schedule looks a little more promising instead of playing the Pens, Flyers and Boston all month.

vCash
    I would say when healthy we have more talent than 90% of the teams we play. We just have to get things rolling in the right direction than we will go on a good roll. The injuries to Cally and Kreider hurt. The depth we had on the farm in the AHL last season is largely gone. I'd like to see the coaches encourage more out of Hags and Steps. Tell them they can be more creative and not to worry about things. I'd also encourage MDZ/McD/Staal/Girardi to be more offensive minded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I would say when healthy we have more talent than 90% of the teams we play. We just have to get things rolling in the right direction than we will go on a good roll. The injuries to Cally and Kreider hurt. The depth we had on the farm in the AHL last season is largely gone. I'd like to see the coaches encourage more out of Hags and Steps. Tell them they can be more creative and not to worry about things. I'd also encourage MDZ/McD/Staal/Girardi to be more offensive minded.
    I really wish they'd give Gilroy some time at forward while Callahan is out. Might take some time adjusting but I think he's got the skill of a good scoring forward more than a 6th or 7th dman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I really wish they'd give Gilroy some time at forward while Callahan is out. Might take some time adjusting but I think he's got the skill of a good scoring forward more than a 6th or 7th dman.
    I'm good with that. He has speed. He has very good hands. I say let the kid go to work on offense but without constant worries about being benched.

vCash
    I'm good with that. He has speed. He has very good hands. I say let the kid go to work on offense but without constant worries about being benched.
    There's a lot of pressure on this team to win now....I have a hard time believing anyone is gonna get much chain on their leash. I'm ok with it really, if you play well you continue to play, if you don't then we play who is playing well.Everyone gets the same opportunities, as evident with Pyatt who has been a total surprise so far. I think people worry too much about the appearance of being benched. It's a team game, play the players who give you the best chance to win. When you make an NHL team it's time to check your ego at the locker room door. Own your mistakes and instead of being a lump on the bench use your next opportunity to prove the coach wrong, and as much as Torts benches or moves people down the lineup he always gives the player chances to regain their spot and players know that if they work hard they'll get to play. Hopefully though with a guy like Gilroy if he is switching positions you'd like to see him get some extra rope or maybe even have him play forward in Connecticut for a few games until he's comfortable there. I'm actually surprised they didn't do that when he was in the AHL.

I personally think this time off for Kreider will benefit him greatly as he's able to work with the coaches to improve and learn what they need him to do. I see him coming back a better player after his foot heals. It's almost like having a training camp for him that the team never really had and it's something he might have needed.

We need to string together a few wins eh bud, be nice to see us go on a bit of a run, need some production out of Stepan, Boyle, Hagelin and Pyatt for that. Missed the game last night but was gonna watch it when I got home but checked my text messages and they were all pens fans so I didn't even turn it on. Go Rangers Go
    Last edited by bsi; 02-01-2013 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    Need a win tomorrow in Tampa, no excuses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Need a win tomorrow in Tampa, no excuses.
    First line has to do the damage and the other three have to shut down the big guns in Tampa.

vCash
    Biron tonight.

vCash
    Feeling a good game from Biron today, we're gonna win!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Feeling a good game from Biron today, we're gonna win!
    I like Marty a lot so that would be cool to see.

vCash
    Rick Nash with #1 star of the game. Hags and Steps with a goal! Yay offense!!!

Cool that Marty got the win as well!!!

vCash
    Out of every non Rangers player in the NHL (other than Crosby) I may like watching Marty St. Louis most. The guy is entertaining to watch.

vCash
    Out of every non Rangers player in the NHL (other than Crosby) I may like watching Marty St. Louis most. The guy is entertaining to watch.
    I'm a big fan of Ryan Nugent Hopkins, ofcourse I still think Crosby is the cream of the crop as well but Hopkins is pretty slick, love watching him control a powerplay, he's gonna be a special player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I'm a big fan of Ryan Nugent Hopkins, ofcourse I still think Crosby is the cream of the crop as well but Hopkins is pretty slick, love watching him control a powerplay, he's gonna be a special player.
    I have not seen him play enough but based on what you said I will definitely watch for him from here on out.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast