Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Oj mayo

vCash

Oj mayo

watching him last night against the warriors, i was thinking to myself wow would he be perfect next to jennings! Cuban said his bank is open for trades because he wants to make the playoffs still this year! What would you guys think about him and what would you give for him? I would give ellis we lose his play making but we get a 2 who can stroke it from mid n long range and jennings would just have to become more of a playmaker! Also wouldnt do it unless he signs an ext. Also would not mind bringing VC here as a back up 2 he's been playing some good ball as of late also! Thoughts? thoughts on having more of a shooter than a playmaker at the 2?
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Mavs are probably going to attempt to add D-Howard this offseason. If they were to acquire Ellis (who DH has said he would like to play with in the past) it could be a big step for the mavs in there attempt to get DH.

If OJ Mayo keeps putting up these numbers, hell yeah ill take him.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3450/oj-mayo

vCash
    Say no to VC. He's another reckloose player like Ellis. I wouldn't mind unloading Udoh or Moute as well. Think of it like Moneyball where the GM trades away the coaches favorites to get other unused players some time to play like Harris. Moute nice defender but no offense.

vCash
    I'm not sure Jennings can be more of a playmaker to be honest. If you're going to be a playmaker, you need to be a threat to consistently get to the hoop. That's not Jennings strength.

Also, Moute's offense has improved. I don't mind him being on the floor at all. I don't think Harris has really earned more minutes to be honest.

vCash
    ^his offense has improved but by no means as much as he seems to think it has!
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I'm not sure Jennings can be more of a playmaker to be honest. If you're going to be a playmaker, you need to be a threat to consistently get to the hoop. That's not Jennings strength.

Also, Moute's offense has improved. I don't mind him being on the floor at all. I don't think Harris has really earned more minutes to be honest.
    That's not true at all, and you cannot be watching the Bucks play if you are saying something like this. I have literally watched every second this season and Jennings is not the problem.

Moute has improved some, but he thinks he's proggessed more then he has and it's been killing us on offense. In my belief on games where there isn't a great 3 on the opposing teams Tobias Harris should start or at least get 20 minutes because he is not getting better camping out on the bench. Sorry these "practices" that people like to say "well he should be should his stuff in practice" are nothing more then glorified walk throughs and a shoot around.

Harris has earned that simply due to the fact that Mbah Moute has been so bad offensively. He is over confidant now and has made some really really poor plays that have killed us offensively, especially against the good teams.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I never said Jennings is the problem, what I said is he's not a playmaker in the sense that someone like a Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook or someone like that it or can be. Jennings game is shooting jumpers, that's basically it. Sure he gets a decent amount of assists, but that's usually him making the extra pass (which I do understand is a good thing) or a result of an offensive play, usually the pick and roll. I'm not saying he's a bad passer, but he's not the type of player that breaks down his defender, gets to the hole and either finishes or dishes it out for the assist. For me, to be considered a playmaking pg, that's something you have to be able to do. Heck even a guy like Nash, who even in his prime wasn't super athletic, was able to get near the hoop, draw in defenders, and get his guys easy shots. That's not some Jennings does all that often. So the problem with having a spot up, come off screens shooting guard is that when plays break down, you don't really have anyone that can make something happen besides hit a jumper when he's hot.

Again, I don't think Jennings is a problem or a cancer to the team or anything. I was simply disputing the claim that the OP made that if we get a guy like Mayo, then Jennings could become more of a playmaker, and I don't think that's true, especially if he doesn't develop his right hand. Watch him play, he'll go to the hoop with his left, but he'll pretty much always stop to pull up when he goes right, because he can't finish with that hand with any sort of shot contention.

I know Moute probably forces things with way too much, but I still don't think Tobias has earned anything. He is such a poor defender that we need someone out that there can play defense. Tobias can't do that, he's terrible at defense. And when he is in the game, why hasn't he really stepped up all that much.

And practices are more than just walk throughs and things like that. They also have time well before games to go out with some coaches one on one and work on specific parts of their game. Look at Larry Sanders. He was miserable when he first got here. He was way to weak, fouled constantly and pretty much had no offensive game. Somehow, even without much playing time, he magically turned into a pretty good player. That probably had nothing to do with practice and working with the coaches individually.

vCash
    Harris might be a poor defender but everyone else not named Moute or Sanders plays no D. Daniels does a little bit.