Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cunningham

vCash

Cunningham

Haven't been on PSD since the summer my laptop took a "monster" bath, and on my phone I am too lazy to keep scrolling to see if this has been posted or even the appropriate place to post it. So I apologize now for any inconvenience.

With that being said, what the hell is going on with him. As soon as he was drafted I had high hopes for this kid getting PT this year and that grew more an more with the losing the lack of offense and the terrible guard play that has been sprung upon the team this year.

The limited minutes I had seen of him this year I have been impressed, as a former basketball player (SG) I love the raw talent he possesses and I believe could do some actual damage offensively with more minutes but yet is up and down between the D league and the mavs. Why is this? I can't find any articles on what he is doing wrong in practice/limited minutes he has. I'm just baffled by the fact that the roddy/dojo experiment continues and he gets no shot. Why is he not getting valuable minutes?

Just seeing if anyone has any explanation they have read or heard

vCash
    Carlisle doesnt play young players. plus he is pretty small

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    It doesn't help that he's been mediocre at best when on the floor as well.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash

Cunningham

I know carlisles stance on young players. That may fly when the team was good, but they are not good. Why not mix it up? Cunningham is small and he is not a good defender, but a scorer is something he can be, and has a damn good upside versus these failed projects in roddy and dojo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TS8821 View Post
    I know carlisles stance on young players. That may fly when the team was good, but they are not good. Why not mix it up? Cunningham is small and he is not a good defender, but a scorer is something he can be, and has a damn good upside versus these failed projects in roddy and dojo.
    Carlisle has been that way his whole career. I think it's a trust issue or maybe he thinks it's the only way to raise young players right. Only, it never works out...as our young players never properly develop.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash

Cunningham

Believe me I know what you're saying, and I know that's just how he is. I was at the spurs mavs game 3 in SA when he benched roddy for jet in the 2nd half. I was dumbfounded then, and I'm dumbfounded now. This **** is just getting old, especially when this this team is too good to be the worst and too bad to be the best. It's time to say goodbye to the vets like Marion/VC/Kaman/roddy/dojo bring in younger upside guys and play the game sink or swim. Because as it stands now the mavericks are looking at a at best 8-16th pick in a below average draft

vCash
    He isn't really that good,gr8 athlete and that is it ,he isn't even doing gr8 in D-League
    SGs who can' shoot or has gr8 ball handling while not even gr8 in finishing around the basket aren't gonna get playing time
    RC gave minutes to another 2 rookies that was drafted in 2nd round ,one of them is just 1 year older than Cunningham

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash
    Yea, his numbers in the D-League are really disappointing.

vCash
    he sucks

vCash

Cunningham

He actually doesn't suck. He is undersized at the SG position no doubt, but he looks good shooting the ball. My question wasn't directed toward your opinions on whether the dude is good or bad so two word answers stating he sucks is pointless and just adding to your post totals. I haven't read anything on what the organizations thoughts were on him and was seeing if someone here had seen or heard what they were. As for the D league aside from the recent stint, which once again I have seen nothing on, I was under the impression he had been tearing it up or at the least scoring wise. I could have easily misread what I saw though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TS8821 View Post
    He actually doesn't suck. He is undersized at the SG position no doubt, but he looks good shooting the ball. My question wasn't directed toward your opinions on whether the dude is good or bad so two word answers stating he sucks is pointless and just adding to your post totals. I haven't read anything on what the organizations thoughts were on him and was seeing if someone here had seen or heard what they were. As for the D league aside from the recent stint, which once again I have seen nothing on, I was under the impression he had been tearing it up or at the least scoring wise. I could have easily misread what I saw though.
    I've doubts that the Mavs will pick up up his option on 3rd year ,he hasn't shown anything to think he is NBA player

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash
    He doesn't suck, it's hard to show your talent when you get 2 or 3 minutes and he pulled you for the whole game

But he signed a 5 year deal for a reason, be patient

He beasted in college check the tape, and it was the PAC 12

Not like it was some small d 2

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

vCash
    I thought he avgd 18 pts in D League?

@TheLandonThomas 5,000 followers
    @MavsFansForLife 6,000 followers
    "Do the LT" coming to a thread near you.

vCash
    Theres tons of "beasts" in college, but that doesnt translate to nba normally. He has no muscle, cant shoot, can only get to the rim....sounds a lot like dojo to me...if he was good, he would be playing..especially with out situation on point and 2 guard, theres ample opportunity for minutes yet he gets none....hes playing less inspired basketball in the D-league as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBaByyy View Post
    He doesn't suck, it's hard to show your talent when you get 2 or 3 minutes and he pulled you for the whole game

But he signed a 5 year deal for a reason, be patient

He beasted in college check the tape, and it was the PAC 12

Not like it was some small d 2

its easy to look good when competition is sub par.....maybe his school wasnt small time..but they other ones are. Doesnt really matter what you do in college, no one cares....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast