Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Ummm thats only popular media belief. Also Judism is a religion that is not exclusive only to the North American Jews. There are black Jews, Asian Jews and obviously Middle Eastern jews. Making money isn't a belief in the Jewish Bible....
    Right, but you're asking if the NBA would be better off without a Jewish commissioner, because? Because he [a Jew] made it a money-making business.

You're making zero sense here.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    I am jewish and I can't stand Stern and all that he stands for. Being a greed piece of **** has nothing to do with being jewish. Why don't you go ask all the bankers on Wall Street, the Rockefellers, the Rothschild's, the Morgan's and all the other elite rich ****'s (all non jews) who **** all over this this country about what being a true greedy piece of **** is. Don't hate on the jews because they are successful. You all should be lucky to have jews in the US stimulating the economy and paying taxes which is more than most other immigrants do. Oh and in before lock.
    You made sense for awhile then you got into some reverse racism. If people can't call Jewish people greedy without be ridiculed(I agree with the ridicule) then you can't make a blanket statement about Jewish people either, even if it is a positive one. My friend is Jewish and he is 28 and works at Target and lives with his parents. Blanket statements good or bad about race, religious groups, any groups of people are dumb

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Right, but you're asking if the NBA would be better off without a Jewish commissioner, because? Because he made it a money-making business.

You're making zero sense here.
    Morals + Ethics + Empathy with the fans. More than just money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    You made sense for awhile then you got into some reverse racism. If people can't call Jewish people greedy without be ridiculed(I agree with the ridicule) then you can't make a blanket statement about Jewish people either, even if it is a positive one. My friend is Jewish and he is 28 and works at Target and lives with his parents. Blanket statements good or bad about race, religious groups, any groups of people are dumb
    It wasn't a blanket statement. I never said that all jews were successful, I meant that as a people, the majority of us are successful. Pound for pound we have done a lot since immigrating to the US. Oh and I apologize for the reverse racism. I am just a bit heated and I have had to hear stupid **** like this my whole life. I get a bit defensive at times.

vCash
    I don't see why having a Jewish commissioner is a bad thing Stern has had his problems, but that's just him as an individual, not because he's Jewish.

I mean, in some sense the first part of your original post isn't totally illogical. Whoever is commissioner, as a person, is going to influenced by their background. But, you imply that he runs it like a business because he's Jewish. He actually runs it like a business because it's a business. Whatever point you're trying to make or question you're trying to ask is really unclear. It just sounds like you're stereotyping
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    I don't know if youread history, but Jewish people are not Semitic... Semitic people are Ethiopians.
    The term Semite means a member of any of various ancient and modern Semitic-speaking peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including; Akkadians (Assyrians and Babylonians), Eblaites, Ugarites, Canaanites, Phoenicians (including Carthaginians), Hebrews (Israelites, Judeans and Samaritans), Ahlamu, Arameans, Chaldeans, Amorites, Moabites, Edomites, Hyksos, Ishmaelites, Nabateans, Maganites, Shebans, Sutu, Ubarites, Dilmunites, Bahranis, Maltese, Mandaeans, Sabians, Syriacs, Mhallami, Amalekites and Qedarites. It was proposed at first to refer to the languages related to Hebrew by Ludwig Schlözer, in Eichhorn's "Repertorium", vol. VIII (Leipzig, 1781), p. 161. Through Eichhorn the name then came into general usage (cf. his "Einleitung in das Alte Testament" (Leipzig, 1787), I, p. 45). In his "Geschichte der neuen Sprachenkunde", pt. I (Göttingen, 1807) it had already become a fixed technical term.[6]

The word "Semitic" is an adjective derived from Shem, one of the three sons of Noah in the Bible (Genesis 5.32, 6.10, 10.21), or more precisely from the Greek derivative of that name, namely Σημ (Sēm); the noun form referring to a person is Semite.
    Map showing the distribution of Semitic languages

The concept of "Semitic" peoples is derived from Biblical accounts of the origins of the cultures known to the ancient Hebrews. Those closest to them in culture and language were generally deemed to be descended from their forefather Shem. Enemies were often said to be descendants of his cursed nephew, Canaan. In Genesis 10:21-31, Shem is described as the father of Aram, Ashur, and Arpachshad: the Biblical ancestors of the Ishmaelites, Aramaeans, Assyrians, Babylonians, Chaldeans, Sabaeans, Hebrews and Qedarites, etc., all of whose languages are closely related; the language family containing them was therefore named "Semitic" by linguists. However, the Canaanites, Eblaites, Ugarites and Amorites also spoke languages belonging to this family, and are therefore also termed Semitic in linguistics, despite being described in Genesis as sons of Ham (See Sons of Noah). Shem is also described in Genesis as the father of Elam and Lud, however the Elamites spoke a language isolate and Lydians spoke an Indo-European language.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic

BOOM!

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    and I'm Jewish too, don't see how being Jewish is relevant to being a commissioner of a sports league.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Better than having a black one

Seriously

vCash
    im obviously joking

vCash
    What a terrible and immature thread! What the **** does Stern being the commissioner have to do anything with religion? This religious **** needs to be closed right now.

vCash
    JWE the Gawd

vCash
    I hate everyone equally

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    LOL I dont think stereotyping is a good starting point. Lets just say if he was less interested in the business side, basketball may have never reached the highs it did but at the same time I feel he over did it with rampant expansion. And now the CBA looks like crap IMO.

Respect what hes done for the game, but it really is time for him to go.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    JWE hacked? Or lost it?

The End is Coming.

vCash
    We are supposed to give reasons why we close threads.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123