Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you think Triple H is overrated?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, wasn't really a great in-ring talent

13 48.15%
  • no, he's one of the all-time greats

5 18.52%
  • he's rated properly.

9 33.33%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    if you break it down to wrestling then sure Hart was better than Triple H, and he was also better than Hulk Hogan too. but in terms of "professional wrestling" where it's a TV show and the wrestling is one of many things then Hart isn't anywhere close to Hogan.
    I've personally never watched wresting to where I was focused on the level of "wrestling". it has always been a show to me.
    Triple H had a perfect heel character. his was big and strong and bad. I never thought about him as putting on a great wrestling match because it wouldn't matter either way to me.
    sure he was "booked" to win "X" number of championships, but I don't think that's a bad thing. it's a TV show. Undertaker has been "booked" to be undefeated at Wrestlemania. no difference.
    I'm not saying I rank Bret low, I'm just saying everything included over the career I rank Triple H higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    Out of curiosity, why is it that you've never been able to stand The Hitman?
    I've never been one to be a big "face" fan and I just found Bret to be incredibly boring. He never did anything that stood out to me, personally. Plus I was an HBK guy all the way.

vCash
    Whatever. I don't see why this needs to turn into a pissing contest between the careers of Bret and HHH.

Bret gave his opinion on HHH as a wrestler and he is right. Was HHH a good to very good wrestler in the ring? Absolutely. Was he great? No way. Did he have some great matches? You could probably count them on 1 hand and that's because of the opponents he was working with in the ring like the Unsanctioned match against HBK at SummerFest 02 or his 2 out of 3 falls with SCSA at No Way Out 01 for example.

There's nothing wrong with how he was strictly as a wrestler only as HHH has had one of the best careers of any wrestler in the history of the business thanks to his look, persona(heel especially), and backstage power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVNowitzki View Post
    I've never been one to be a big "face" fan and I just found Bret to be incredibly boring. He never did anything that stood out to me, personally. Plus I was an HBK guy all the way.

Yeah I was waiting for this part. Explains everything lol

vCash
    I disagree about HHH never having a great match.

I actually really enjoyed the Hell in a Cell match at Wrestlemania vs. Taker. I thought that was a great match.

Hart is partially right about HHH, but its not all about in ring wrestling. HHH had other intangibles (not just bangin the boss's daugher) that made him a borderline great all around talent.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    All of hhh great matches were big spot matches. But honestly hhh had great matches in terms of big spots with weapons cells and cages. If i had to watch a brett hart or hhh match 2 times in a row id pick hhh. His matches with mick foley are some of my favorite ever

vCash
    Top 5 Bret Hart matches (in no particular order):

1) Bulldog SS 92
    2) Mr. Perfect SS 91
    3) Owen Hart (WMX and SS 94 tied for me)
    4) SCSA (WM 13)
    5) HBK (WM 12)

Top 5 HHH matches:
    1) Taker (WM 27)
    2) Foley (NWO 2000)
    3) SCSA (NWO 2001)
    4) Benoit/HBK (WM 20)
    5) Rock (JD 2000)

It just really depends on your preference. Bret was more classic tell a story, wrestling ability. Paul's body of work is more gimmick, using weapons, etc.
    Last edited by Sanyo; 02-01-2013 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Top 5 Bret Hart matches (in no particular order):

1) Bulldog SS 92
    2) Mr. Perfect SS 91
    3) Owen Hart (WMX and SS 94 tied for me)
    4) SCSA (WM 13)
    5) HBK (WM 12)

Top 5 HHH matches:
    1) Taker (WM 27)
    2) Foley (NWO 2000)
    3) SCSA (NWO 2001)
    4) Benoit/HBK (WM 20)
    5) Rock (JD 2000)

It just really depends on your preference. Bret was more classic tell a story, wrestling ability. Paul's body of work is more gimmick, using weapons, etc.
    Catcus Jack vs HHH royal rumble 2000 is def one his top 5 matches of all-time. That match sorta put him on the map as a clearcut top guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    People don't realize how big of an international star Bret Hart was. Not Hulk Hogan level, but I would bet my house that Bret Hart was/is a bigger star around the world than HHH ever was.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    The problem I have always had with Bret is that in his mind, nobody is on his level. I'm not saying he isn't overall better than HHH, but over the years I have heard him say bad things about Flair, Hogan, Funk, Michaels, Foley, Bruno, Etc.

Bret has been pretty bitter over the years and has always taken himself, his gimmick and wrestling in general way too seriously. For him to say HHH has never had any great matches is ridiculous. HHH is only overrated if you put him top 10 of all time because he isn't that high. I think most don't have him that high anyway though. He was a fantastic heel though, definitely one of the best heels of all time in WWE. His run in 1999-2000 was amazing, and he was the top guy in the company. When Austin was out with his neck injury HHH picked up the ball and ran with it. He was definitely the MVP of the company in his absence.

HHH was an old school heel, he didn't need to be an innovator. He has had alot of really good to great matches. He had a few with Jericho, Angle, Taker, Michaels, Foley, Rock and Austin off the top of my head. His matches with Batista at mania was very good as well, as was his match with Cena. He has a great wrestling mind as well and while he isn't the technical wrestler Bret was, he could tell a good story in the ring and on the mic. WWE will be in good hands when he finally takes over.

vCash
    Bret is partially right. HHH might be a tad overrated, but it's ridiculous to say the man has never had any good matches. I'm not a huge HHH guy, but he's had some classic matches himself. He's been in the ring with great people to help have those matches, but he's had his fair share of good matches.

vCash
    There are a lot of guys that are not great wrestlers but often considered top 10. I would put in there Taker, Hogan, Steve Austin, Rock and a lot of others as "overrated". Some of the best in ring workers were guys like Eddy and Owen, but never considered top 10.

You would have to do something to value a wrestler:
    Look:
    In ring work:
    Character (able to talk)

So let's take Rock
    Look: 7
    In Ring work: 4
    Character: 10
    Total 21

Hbk
    Look: 6
    In Ring work: 9
    Total 24

Macho Man:
    Look: 8
    In Ring work:9

HHH
    Look: 10
    In Ring: 7
    Character 10

WHO'S THE DIVA EXPERT NOW???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    The problem I have always had with Bret is that in his mind, nobody is on his level. I'm not saying he isn't overall better than HHH, but over the years I have heard him say bad things about Flair, Hogan, Funk, Michaels, Foley, Bruno, Etc.

Bret has been pretty bitter over the years and has always taken himself, his gimmick and wrestling in general way too seriously. For him to say HHH has never had any great matches is ridiculous. HHH is only overrated if you put him top 10 of all time because he isn't that high. I think most don't have him that high anyway though. He was a fantastic heel though, definitely one of the best heels of all time in WWE. His run in 1999-2000 was amazing, and he was the top guy in the company. When Austin was out with his neck injury HHH picked up the ball and ran with it. He was definitely the MVP of the company in his absence.

HHH was an old school heel, he didn't need to be an innovator. He has had alot of really good to great matches. He had a few with Jericho, Angle, Taker, Michaels, Foley, Rock and Austin off the top of my head. His matches with Batista at mania was very good as well, as was his match with Cena. He has a great wrestling mind as well and while he isn't the technical wrestler Bret was, he could tell a good story in the ring and on the mic. WWE will be in good hands when he finally takes over.
    Agreed.

I love Brett Hart, but he loves himself too much. He is dead wrong about HHH, or at least he is dead wrong about his criteria of what makes a great wrestler.

HHH was one of the best at telling a great story in the ring. I personally enjoyed both his matches vs. Taker...not because of the great technical wrestling, but rather because of the captivating story those two legends created during that match.

HHH is great. He isn't great at what Brett thinks is the be all end all criteria of wrestling, but he was great at a lot of other things and had plenty of great matches.

Again...not top ten of all time, but definitely top 20 and realistically not that far behind Brett himself.
    DUDA

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Edicehouse View Post
    There are a lot of guys that are not great wrestlers but often considered top 10. I would put in there Taker, Hogan, Steve Austin, Rock and a lot of others as "overrated". Some of the best in ring workers were guys like Eddy and Owen, but never considered top 10.

You would have to do something to value a wrestler:
    Look:
    In ring work:
    Character (able to talk)

So let's take Rock
    Look: 7
    In Ring work: 4
    Total 21

Hbk
    Look: 6
    In Ring work: 9
    Total 24

Macho Man:
    Look: 8
    In Ring work:9

HHH
    Look: 10
    In Ring: 7
    Character 10
    I'm not necessarily sure about your rankings here, but I do know that you are wrong about one thing:

HBK is a 10 in the ring.
    DUDA

vCash
    The only reason I didn't give HBK a 10 in the ring is because of the extra's that Eddy Guerro gave. I honestly don't think there was a guy that could add the extra as much as eddy.

I mean a guy like Daniel Brian right now. He definatly doesn't have "the look", over the last year his character has gone leaps and bounds above what it was, thanks to AJ/Kane. His in ring work was top 2 or 3 in the company, but the other two held him back.

WHO'S THE DIVA EXPERT NOW???

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast