Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you think Triple H is overrated?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, wasn't really a great in-ring talent

13 48.15%
  • no, he's one of the all-time greats

5 18.52%
  • he's rated properly.

9 33.33%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    I don't really have a problem with Bret saying that Triple H is a good, but not great wrestler. Many would make that argument. Personally, I think in terms of his impact as a WRESTLER... overrated, yes. But I do think that overall he was a great and probably underrated wrestler.

But I think Bret's reasoning is pretty whack. Triple H wasn't an innovator in terms of his in-ring skills or promos, but he was/is old school. And I don't see a problem with that. In fact, I think it holds up well. I think his character was somewhat unique, and while I don't know how many pure wrestling clinics Trips has put on, the dude was absolutely KILLER with gimmick matches, and he put on a ton of great ones.

I think Bret just cares about the technical masterpieces, and I think he's a little out of touch. Bret himself falls in that same type of a category as Triple H, although Bret is a little more highly regarded because he was an innovator in the ring and because he was the top dog or two in the company, which Triple H may have been on and off at some points but that's debateable and for a short period of time. But Bret was also on top during the WWE's worst business era.
    HIAC vs Taker
    Royal Rumble Match vs Foley
    Ladder match vs Rock for the IC title way bck in the day
    3 stages of hell vs SCSA/Orton/Hbk

All matches that I will never forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    HHH is overrated
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if Bret's criteria is "wrestling" then many stars are overrated, including someone like Hulk Hogan. how many great "wrestling" matches did Hogan have? how many different spots in matches has Hogan had? many. how many spots in matches has Triple H had?
    the thing is professional wrestling is more than in ring wrestling. something like image/look and mic work, are just as important as the wrestling when it comes to a TV show, which is what professional wrestling is.
    I would rank Triple H higher in professional wrestling than Bret Hart.

You're high on crack.

vCash
    HHH may have been the best intense heel the wwe has ever seen. There was never a point where I thought HHH was a boring character

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    HHH may have been the best intense heel the wwe has ever seen. There was never a point where I thought HHH was a boring character
    2003-2006 when he killed wrestling by being on top for way too long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    2003-2006 when he killed wrestling by being on top for way too long.
    That'd make sense, I wasn't watching at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if Bret's criteria is "wrestling" then many stars are overrated, including someone like Hulk Hogan. how many great "wrestling" matches did Hogan have? how many different spots in matches has Hogan had? many. how many spots in matches has Triple H had?
    the thing is professional wrestling is more than in ring wrestling. something like image/look and mic work, are just as important as the wrestling when it comes to a TV show, which is what professional wrestling is.
    I would rank Triple H higher in professional wrestling than Bret Hart.
    WOW! Bret was one of the biggest reasons wrestling took off in the late 1990's with the Hart Foundation and indirectly with the screwjob.

Hunter was one of the main reasons wrestling declined in 2002 and beyond - and that being the son in law by then. Plus he's one of the biggest a-holes in wrestling history.
    Last edited by Sanyo; 02-01-2013 at 11:16 AM.

vCash
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I think that even though theyre completely different wrestlers, i think hart and trips are quite comparable in terms of their careers and whatnot. Again, hart will always get that edge, but im not sure how warranted it is.

vCash
    Bret Hart was the biggest heel AND the biggest face in WWE AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! In his last year with WWE, when they were anywhere in America, fans literally wanted him dead. Then, when WWE was in Canada, fans literally would of taken a bullet for this man. He had the benefit of playing the Canada vs. USA theme, but come on, it was absolute gold on the mic, worked the crowd no matter the venue, and was the hottest thing in the company at the time both heel and face. No one else has done that, ever.

vCash
    If any of you say HHH and Bret Hart are even close you are not a very knowledgable wrestling fan.

Bret Hart made every single person he ever wrestled against 1000 times better.

I can think of at least 25 matches off the top of my head that Bret had that i wont forget. Nobody else is even close to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    Bret Hart was the biggest heel AND the biggest face in WWE AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! In his last year with WWE, when they were anywhere in America, fans literally wanted him dead. Then, when WWE was in Canada, fans literally would of taken a bullet for this man. He had the benefit of playing the Canada vs. USA theme, but come on, it was absolute gold on the mic, worked the crowd no matter the venue, and was the hottest thing in the company at the time both heel and face. No one else has done that, ever.
    excellent post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    It depends how you rate him ?

1. Hulk
    2. ScSa

3. Ric
    4. Rock
    5. Taker
    6. Hbk
    7. Bruno

After this you have guys like Sting - Warrior - HHH - Cena -Pipper - Rhodes - Macho etc.
    No Hitman?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    No Hitman?
    Pump Bruno down to 8 and hitman at 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Pump Bruno down to 8 and hitman at 7
    There we go

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast