Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you think Triple H is overrated?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, wasn't really a great in-ring talent

13 48.15%
  • no, he's one of the all-time greats

5 18.52%
  • he's rated properly.

9 33.33%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

WWE: Bret Hart shoots on HHH, calls him overrated

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...him-overrated/
    Wrestle Talk TV Extra recently interviewed Bret "The Hitman" Hart, who was critical of Triple H. Here is what Hart said about "The Game":

"I have a certain amount of respect for Triple H. I remember when he first came in, I remember commenting on stuff that he did. Because I'd usually give wrestlers my thoughts and try to help them on stuff... Triple H has always been a good wrestler. But great? What is he now, a 1,000 time world champion? How great really is he?

"I look at [CM] Punk... I can look at certain wrestlers and I go, this guy is an innovator. Like a Rey Mysterio, who's done stuff that no one has ever thought of before. Punk has done stuff -- really unique moves and you go, 'gee I've never seen anything like that before.' They innovate all the time, and they create new sequences and moves and things.

"Then you look at someone like Triple H. When I look at him -- he's always had a good look as far as his body went -- he always had a pretty muscular physique. But you look at someone like Hunter and you wonder, what has he really done. One move that he ever created that nobody ever saw before or some highspots or an idea for a match... He's mostly a guy that just showed up and they made him. He's always been a decent wrestler -- I would consider him a good wrestler and pretty talented. But great? I don't know, I don't think so.

"What has he ever done that's great? He's never had a great match, I don't think ever. Whenever I look at Triple H's matches, including the last one he had with Undertaker -- and I don't really mean it as a knock -- but I told myself before I watched it because I'm trying to like Paul now these days, that I want to see him do something to make me think he's got greatness in him.

"Before Triple H wrestled Undertaker last year, I remember watching it and going, 'I can picture the whole match in my head, I can tell you exactly what this match is going to be like and how it's going to go. And I remember watching it and it went exactly how I predicted it... I thought it was mediocre at best, maybe a 4 out of 10, or 3 out of 10.

"I think Paul is a little overrated... overrated for being great. I can sit here and tell you that there was one match that he ever had with anybody that I thought was great. It's kind of a shame, he should have a great match somewhere with somebody. And you'd think that he would have had it by now, but I don't think he's a great wrestler."

Hart talked more about Triple H's match with Undertaker, Undertaker being a great wrestler, Punk impressing him and more. You can watch the entire clip above. The full uncut, 60-minute interview will be posted soon on the Wrestle Talk TV Youtube Channel. You can subscribe to it by clicking here.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2JcSWAYRm

vCash
    I agree with Hart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    I agree with Hart
    Same here, being the son in law of the company has it's perks. Im hoping Lesnar fights someone else at WM but that probably won't be the case.

vCash
    He's only overrated in my eyes if you list him as a top 10 of all time. I think he's a good wrestler, good talker, and only time will tell how he does an executive. For a period of time he was the best heel the wwe had.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    I think he has had great matches

vCash
    Good wrestler, pretty talented on the mic, but he'll never be in the league of guys like Shawn, Bret, etc. wrestling wise and never had the star power of Hogan, Austin or Rock. He's best days were actually in late 1999 and 2000 when he was getting his first real push as a WWE champion and he had some pretty good matches with guys like Foley, Rock, Taker and Angle. Then he went on that horrid run when he couldnt buy a good match from 2001 to 2003 (except for Taker at Mania 17).

overall, no doubt being the son in law worked in his favored. Not top 10 but I could put him in top 25.

vCash
    I agree, most overrated wrestler in history and he slept (with the bosses daughter) his way to the top.

vCash
    He is really good on the mic and seems to sell and plays a good heel but hart is right....He is overall pretty good but not great.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Good Mic work, Good Look, Good Wrestler, Not Great, Bret is spot on

vCash
    I personally cannot stand Bret Hart and never have been able to, but I can't help but agree here. Triple H always used his *** kissing to get to where he is / was, it's never been based solely off his body of work.

vCash
    Bret's the man and 100% right on this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVNowitzki View Post
    I personally cannot stand Bret Hart and never have been able to, but I can't help but agree here. Triple H always used his *** kissing to get to where he is / was, it's never been based solely off his body of work.
    Out of curiosity, why is it that you've never been able to stand The Hitman?

vCash
    It depends how you rate him ?

1. Hulk
    2. ScSa

3. Ric
    4. Rock
    5. Taker
    6. Hbk
    7. Bruno

After this you have guys like Sting - Warrior - HHH - Cena -Pipper - Rhodes - Macho etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    I don't really have a problem with Bret saying that Triple H is a good, but not great wrestler. Many would make that argument. Personally, I think in terms of his impact as a WRESTLER... overrated, yes. But I do think that overall he was a great and probably underrated wrestler.

But I think Bret's reasoning is pretty whack. Triple H wasn't an innovator in terms of his in-ring skills or promos, but he was/is old school. And I don't see a problem with that. In fact, I think it holds up well. I think his character was somewhat unique, and while I don't know how many pure wrestling clinics Trips has put on, the dude was absolutely KILLER with gimmick matches, and he put on a ton of great ones.

I think Bret just cares about the technical masterpieces, and I think he's a little out of touch. Bret himself falls in that same type of a category as Triple H, although Bret is a little more highly regarded because he was an innovator in the ring and because he was the top dog or two in the company, which Triple H may have been on and off at some points but that's debateable and for a short period of time. But Bret was also on top during the WWE's worst business era.
    Last edited by Driven; 02-01-2013 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    if Bret's criteria is "wrestling" then many stars are overrated, including someone like Hulk Hogan. how many great "wrestling" matches did Hogan have? how many different spots in matches has Hogan had? many. how many spots in matches has Triple H had?
    the thing is professional wrestling is more than in ring wrestling. something like image/look and mic work, are just as important as the wrestling when it comes to a TV show, which is what professional wrestling is.
    I would rank Triple H higher in professional wrestling than Bret Hart.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast