Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    do you know how much he would get if he wins which im sure he would from endorsements ? look at Blake Griffin
    Endorsements? People already know who LeBron is. There is no possible endorsement deal that he can't get. I knew you were going to say endorsements. For a player who just began, yes, endorsements. For a player who has been the most marketable for years now, no, he's already gotten the offers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Endorsements? People already know who LeBron is. There is no possible endorsement deal that he can't get. I knew you were going to say endorsements. For a player who just began, yes, endorsements. For a player who has been the most marketable for years now, no, he's already gotten the offers.

Lebron winning the dunk contest getting money >>>>>>>> Blake winning

Money is money you can never have enough of it whatever stage you're in your career. And i gave other reasons why it would be good as well. Its a good PR move after he promised in front of millions that he would do it and he didnt do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    Lebron winning the dunk contest getting money >>>>>>>> Blake winning

Money is money you can never have enough of it whatever stage you're in your career. And i gave other reasons why it would be good as well. Its a good PR move after he promised in front of millions that he would do it and he didnt do it.
    The best PR move was when he won a ring.

As far as endorsements go, you don't understand that LeBron already has all the endorsements. It's not about more money, yes, he could get more money. It's the fact that he's an established star who doesn't need the dunk contest to grab endorsements. Everyone knows what LeBron can do already. He's already endorsing Sprite and many others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I tend to think (this is just my personal opinion) that he's afraid of losing. I mean risk of injury? If that's the case then all those in game dunks he does he should tone down so he doesn't get injured, maybe not get up as high so he doesn't risk coming down awkwardly.

I don't think he has to do it, and it's not a big deal. But I just don't fully buy the risk of injury excuse.
    That's exactly it. He's ashamed/scared of losing. He should do it for entertainment though, it's not like losing will make anyone think any less of him.

vCash
    You guys don't seem to get it.

He gets injured in game=his contract is intact.
    He gets injured for any doing such as the Olympics or a pickup game, he can have his contract terminated.

Coming from the public, yes, we want to see it. Think inside LeBron's shoes.. Why would he wear himself out to compete in a dunk contest?

He should do it for the public? You mean the same ones who burned his jersey... Yeah, makes a lot of sense.

vCash
    Lebron isn't ultra competitive.

Some players with his ability would kill to compete so they have have that on their resume, like MJ, Kobe, Dr J etc...
    Lebron tbf isn't a creative dunker but Kobe isnt either and he still participated. MJ could really hang but i don't think he had the creativity of Vince Carter or even Dr J imo yet he still participated.

vCash

He gets injured for any doing such as the Olympics or a pickup game, he can have his contract terminated.

Coming from the public, yes, we want to see it. Think inside LeBron's shoes.. Why would he wear himself out to compete in a dunk contest?

He should do it for the public? You mean the same ones who burned his jersey... Yeah, makes a lot of sense.
    What about when Mj did it, or Kobe, or Vince? Can't they get injured too?
    What a lame excuse. Just face it, he cant be bothered. He has his ring and there is nothing much else for him to show fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjake View Post
    What about when Mj did it, or Kobe, or Vince? Can't they get injured too?
    What a lame excuse. Just face it, he cant be bothered. He has his ring and there is nothing much else for him to show fans.
    No, they can't get injured too because the rule was just made years ago. Shows how dumb the majority of users are over here. You don't even know anything, just stop it.

This explains why a ton of all star players don't participate these days. It's simply not worth the risk. The rule became intact because many team management operators were skeptical of their stars participating in the USA Olympics because there were reports of players getting injured such as Blake Griffin. It's to protect the owners from any wrongdoing that doesn't benefit the team.

vCash
    No, they can't get injured too because the rule was just made years ago. Shows how dumb the majority of users are over here. You don't even know anything, just stop it.

This explains why a ton of all star players don't participate these days. It's simply not worth the risk. The rule became intact because many team management operators were skeptical of their stars participating in the USA Olympics because there were reports of players getting injured such as Blake Griffin. It's to protect the owners from any wrongdoing that doesn't benefit the team.
    I doubt he will injure himself in a dunk contest. Player before have been fine, guys doing crazy dunks like Griffin and Carter.
    But in fairness who is in the league who is a legit star that can compete in the dunk contest.

CP3 LOL
    Kobe - Already done it
    DRose - He isnt really a dunker, although he may do it in time likewise Westbrook
    Griffin - Already competed
    Carmelo - LOL can he even dunk anymore?
    D-Wade - I think he is like D-Rose in not sure he can really dunk to a 'dunk contest level'
    Howard - Already done it.
    so basically most of the stars in the game today are not worthy dunk contest participators or have already been in the contest already.

Only really Westbrook and Rose really are todays stars who can be in the contest and may put on show. Anyway Lebron if he was going to do it, should have done it years ago when he was young and maybe the pressure would have been less.

vCash
    Kurt Thomas and Jason Kidd should do it.

vCash

Pretty sure the NBA won't let his contract get terminated if he is in an NBA event. Also his contract would not be terminated unless it was a career ending injury, which would not happen in a dunk contest. He could tear his ACL and the Heat would not cut him because they would want the best player in the NBA back in a year. NO WAY IN HELL would any NBA team terminate Lebron's contract and I really am not even sure they could since it is an NBA sponsored event

It is not exhausting for Lebron to throwdown down 6 or 8 dunks. He is a physical freak and it wouldn't even be exhausting to a lesser athlete

No, not for that public for the million of Heat fans and the million more people that are strictly fans of Lebron

I think him not wanting to do it is enough reason to not do it, but the reasons you listed are ridiculous
    Last edited by LAcowBOMBER; 02-03-2013 at 03:24 AM.

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    bro its a rite of passage...Dr.j ,Connie Hawkins, Larry Nance,Dominque, Jordan, Vince Carter ,Kobe, DHoward..i can go on. If you havent noticed all great dunkers did it . Im not saying he should but dont get mad when people say to he and his fans..YOUR NOT GREAT! All The Greats Somehow Participated in Either The Slam Dunk Contest OR The 3 Point Shootout IF THATS WHAT THEY DID AS A PLAYER. Its like some fans want the guy to be good,but dont want him to walk through the fire to get to heaven,to put it like Dan Gilbert did. Its like you guys want this guy to entertain you with a fear of knowing he is mentally frail so no one to disagrees with the guy or tell him the truth. I think James is too old now. I dont want to see him . Me myself i think he doesnt believe in himself like some of his fans do. I think he isnt creative enough. I think Vince Carter took the contest to outer space and James knows that and he feels like he has to do something better than everyone that has ever done it. To me this is another point to why i dont think the guy is as great as people think. He thinks people want him to jump over the moon and dunkwhen realistically all people want is the "best player " to dunk like as if he is in a layup line. Im not mad about it but i will not make excuses for the guy...for all his GREATNESS he sure doesnt do alot. ROSE 2014 takes over the NBA PART 2

vCash
    and really 28 isnt old..he is at his peak..this may be the best james gets
    ..he can jump no higher. run no faster...he isnt at decline yet...so he can do the contest. but i dont wanna see him ... i dont wanna beg no dude to do what he already does,esp if he doesnt want to. he dont want to lose,nor does he care about his fans...for atleast 7 years people have begged this dude..and he declined...all the shoes ppl buy and he cant entertain us...why? his brand? his ego? what hooper doesnt want to win the dunk contest? think about it.

vCash

didnt stop him from the olympics did it?
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    stop making excuses bro you no even you wanna see it just because ure on his sack your playing blind to it
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast