Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    Kobe, MJ, Dominique, and VC were in it, but was Durant, Shaq, Duncan, Rose, Deron, Dirk, or Paul? That statement really doesn't seem true to me, especially because Kobe wasn't even near best in the league when he did it.
    They were really early in their careers when they did it.

The NBA typically takes young players in the dunk contest (with the exception of a couple of players here and there).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    If Lebron doesn't want to do it, who cares, he doesn't have to. Not a big deal imo.

Lets be a bit honest with ourselves, the best players in the game, like superstar talent, aren't the best dunkers in the NBA. The contest sucks anyways lol. The only guy I want to see is James White
    This. I want to see the best dunkers, not the best overall players.

People ***** how last year's contest sucked. If you take superstars, they'd probably have a worse to similar outing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingGreen9 View Post
    has anyone ever got hurt during the dunk contest?
    No...

But he's just making a new excuse like he does every year... I wonder how many people will buy this excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Can someone PLEASE tell me how LBJ is going to get hurt dunking on an open rim? He doesn't get hurt doing it in games? Why not throw down some nasty dunks give the fans what they want? If he gets hurt dunking in the contest then he deserved it cuz he should be doing it and giving money to charity at the same time.

Fact is he probably would get a million dollars from a network if he was going to dunk!

LBJ get your head out or your bum hole and just do 3 sweet dunks, win or lose. We don't expect you to jump from the free throw line like MJ. Just some sick windmills or an ally pop over a toyota tundra, no kia optima's this time!

haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    Not worth it, he has nothing to gain from doing it.
    Like Micheal Jordan and Kobe Bryant and others he can gain a trophy that he doesn't have like they did and maybe even more respect from the NBA fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingGreen9 View Post
    has anyone ever got hurt during the dunk contest?
    No. lebron is just scared because he knows he can't win with his patented single dunk.

vCash
    he'd win cuz of his name only. I don't believe LBJ to be as creative or experimental of a dunker as would be necessary to win by merit. That being said, if the rest of the field is made of names like Terrence Ross, or Gerald Green, it's best he stays out in the name of competitive balance.

Stupid casual fans who buy into the whole 'stars are better cuz I know their names beforehand'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    Like Micheal Jordan and Kobe Bryant and others he can gain a trophy that he doesn't have like they did and maybe even more respect from the NBA fan base.
    Isn't it obvious by now lebron can care less about winning the dunk contest. You are the first person on PSD I have seen mention kobe winning the dunk contest. I can't think of a more forgettable award.

vCash
    Why are you guys complaining that LeBron isn't doing it when no all star player did it last year? You guys are just haters. Stop finding someone to blame because the dunk contest sucks. People saying LeBron is scared are obvious Kobe fans. No one in their right mind at this point in NBA takes the dunk contest seriously.

vCash
    Honestly, the dunk contest was only good before youtube and I guess before youtube it was ruined by those And 1 mix tapes. After that people realized that dunking has nothing to do with being a good basketball player and very few of the best dunkers in the world are in the nba, its a skill set that relies purely on athleticism and nothing to do with having the all around game needed to be in the nba.

The truth is, on any given night, there's hundreds of players playing pick up games all around the world that can dunk as good as most nba players and once you are aware of that, watching lebron throw it down on a break isn't all that impressive anymore.

But I was thinking....

Anyone else think they should do a dunk contest WITHOUT nba players, have the BEST dunkers in the world and let the nba players sit back and watch a good show?

Might be the best/only way to save the contect and might actually make nba players more interested.

vCash
    Jimmy butler , terrance ross, jeremy evans and james white !!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Actually the only reason Lebron James should do it is because he promised the fans he would do it publicly . We all know Lebron has done a nice job rebuilding his image since the whole villain role . Him doing this would make him more money and make him look good. Its a win win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    Actually the only reason Lebron James should do it is because he promised the fans he would do it publicly . We all know Lebron has done a nice job rebuilding his image since the whole villain role . Him doing this would make him more money and make him look good. Its a win win.
    How much money is the question. Not enough for him to even put his jersey and go out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    How much money is the question. Not enough for him to even put his jersey and go out there.
    do you know how much he would get if he wins which im sure he would from endorsements ? look at Blake Griffin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    Actually the only reason Lebron James should do it is because he promised the fans he would do it publicly
    Lebron promised the city of Cleveland he would bring them a championship to......so hes clearly not good at fulfilling promises. Also, he did a dunk contest in high-school. He won but only because the event was in Cleveland. Shannon Brown should have beat him. He's the best player in the NBA but is just not a creative dunker. It is what it is.

FACTORY OF SADNESS
    1999-????

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast