Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,306
    vCash
    1500
    If Lebron doesn't want to do it, who cares, he doesn't have to. Not a big deal imo.

    Lets be a bit honest with ourselves, the best players in the game, like superstar talent, aren't the best dunkers in the NBA. The contest sucks anyways lol. The only guy I want to see is James White




    Wiggins-Mobile

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    1,553
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    He's totally a game dunker. Best player in the NBA and it's not even close, but in terms of dunking other guys are more creative
    I totally agree with this. I remember that year shannon brown went to the contest He was being hyped so much, man he got mad ups. Without any creativity he failed to win over fans in the contest. I think the same will go with LBJ, guy has crazy hops but not as much creativity as others and I'm pretty sure he knows it, otherwise he would of gone in the dunk contest years ago when he first put his name in..

    Your baby can't do this

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,645
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedBadMan View Post
    The dunk contest sucks these days anyway, over produced and poorly designed for the viewer. Everyone knows people would be at least 100x more excited for 1 on 1 / 2 on 2.

    That said, every "best player in the league" in recent memory has done the dunk contest, and he doesn't do it because he is a ***** - not because he is afraid of injury.
    Kobe, MJ, Dominique, and VC were in it, but was Durant, Shaq, Duncan, Rose, Deron, Dirk, or Paul? That statement really doesn't seem true to me, especially because Kobe wasn't even near best in the league when he did it.

    "We the best in the league, Tony!"

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,121
    vCash
    1500
    All you guys saying LBJ doesn't want to admit he doesn't care because it would look bad are missing it big time. He has never done it because he is terrified of losing the thing. The only dunk contest he has done, he wasn't near what anyone was expecting. He has always been a great in game dunker, and always been very afraid of getting the short end when it comes to "losing". Remember the dunk video he vetoed, which wasn't even that bad to begin with?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,121
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    Kobe, MJ, Dominique, and VC were in it, but was Durant, Shaq, Duncan, Rose, Deron, Dirk, or Paul? That statement really doesn't seem true to me, especially because Kobe wasn't even near best in the league when he did it.
    Who the **** has wanted to see Dirk, Shaq, Deron, or Paul In a dunk contest?

    It used to be a right of passage with big name, big talent jumpers. Players are too afraid to lose now a days.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,645
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    Who the **** has wanted to see Dirk, Shaq, Deron, or Paul In a dunk contest?

    It used to be a right of passage with big name, big talent jumpers. Players are too afraid to lose now a days.
    I was saying it in response to the statement that "the best players in the game" have done it. Lebron could have done it in his first three years and would have won it off of his name and his ability. There are also a lot of contests recently that he would have won easily. He could certainly beat Blake, Dwight, or Nate in a dunk contest. I don't think he is scared. I really think he just doesn't care enough to participate.

    "We the best in the league, Tony!"

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,143
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    i just want to see James White participate.
    you & me both, but i wonder if he can still dunk at his best

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,588
    vCash
    1500
    Once again, the haters keep on hating!
    If LeBron was scared, he wouldn't be playing in the NBA.
    The reason he isn't doing it is because he has more important objectives to focus on.
    No one takes the dunk contest seriously and it has been that way for nearly 5 years.
    For those saying he can't win it just by dunks, you're wrong. Blake Griffin won it and he's more of a power dunker, like James. McGee should've won that dunk contest. It's all about fan voting and if there aren't any other big names like LeBron, he will win. C'mon, Jeremy Evans can do a VC impostor dunk and still lose because no one cares enough to vote for Jeremy Evans!

    I hate these questions because every time LeBron does something, people are quick to hate. If LeBron does somehow get injured, people are going to criticize him for participating and putting himself at risk. The guy can never satisfy you all.

    You guys wonder why those big name players don't do it? Because they can have their contracts revoked if they are seriously injured and can't play.

    Even though it may have not happened before, with James playing heavy minutes, it's not essential for him to go out there and risk anything.


    I'd be happy with:

    -Shannon Brown(assuming he actually tries)
    -Gerald Green
    -Russell Westbrook
    -DeRozan
    -Blake Griffin

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,797
    vCash
    1503
    dunk contest is a joke

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Stumble Inn UES
    Posts
    5,319
    vCash
    1500
    James White should be in it. Best dunker in the game today, unfortunately he isnt too good at anything else.
    Go Knicks!

    All time

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    61,817
    vCash
    500
    He should do it at least once.

    But I think at this point he thinks that stuff is 100% unimportant...and the risk isn't worth it.




    And I don't care how great James White or people like him are...I'll take any superstar over those guys any day.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    948
    vCash
    1500
    Listen, NOT SAYING LEBRON CANT DUNK!! i love lebron best all around player in the nba period. BUT besides his signature dunk.... what else do you really see him do in game? never seen some kinda reverse 360 etc ... you see power dunks from him.... i honestly dont think he is a creative dunker
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,126
    vCash
    1500
    He's a great player. Wouldn't mind seeing him participate in this event just once.
    Favourite Teams:

    Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    10,465
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers+Giants View Post
    He has a lot to lose though, in his eyes.
    I tend to think (this is just my personal opinion) that he's afraid of losing. I mean risk of injury? If that's the case then all those in game dunks he does he should tone down so he doesn't get injured, maybe not get up as high so he doesn't risk coming down awkwardly.

    I don't think he has to do it, and it's not a big deal. But I just don't fully buy the risk of injury excuse.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32,989
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Nope this is comedy .... How bout give him a million and donate it LBJ?
    Who says he wouldn't donate it?

    It's not like Lebron is demanding the $1 million. He was asked if he would do it for a $1 million and he said yes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •