Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 74
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    7,765
    vCash
    1500

    LBJ and the dunk contest?

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...-star/1881525/

    I'm sure some of you read this article. James said he'd have to get paid a million dollars to do the dunk contest, and some fan decided to try and get people to throw some money together.


    LBJ's response? He still won't do it due to risk of injury.


    I have an idea though. Perhaps James could be motivated to participate if fans were willing to contribute money to a charity of his choosing. I've always wanted to see James in the dunk contest, and I think raising money for a charity might be just the kind of motivation he needs to get in the dunk contest and give fans what they've wanted to see for years now.


    Anybody care enough to see James in the dunk contest?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    533
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...-star/1881525/

    I'm sure some of you read this article. James said he'd have to get paid a million dollars to do the dunk contest, and some fan decided to try and get people to throw some money together.


    LBJ's response? He still won't do it due to risk of injury.


    I have an idea though. Perhaps James could be motivated to participate if fans were willing to contribute money to a charity of his choosing. I've always wanted to see James in the dunk contest, and I think raising money for a charity might be just the kind of motivation he needs to get in the dunk contest and give fans what they've wanted to see for years now.


    Anybody care enough to see James in the dunk contest?
    I don't know if he should be in it, he will easily win with the votes

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,865
    vCash
    1503
    Not worth it, he has nothing to gain from doing it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,649
    vCash
    1500
    Lebron hammers down dunks in games and will do so in the all-star game also. How is injury his concern? I'm pretty sure he says that because he would look like a jerk if he said he didn't care (personally I think he shouldn't care and would have no problem with him saying that, but PSD would explode if he did lol)

    "We the best in the league, Tony!"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rapid City SD
    Posts
    519
    vCash
    1500
    has anyone ever got hurt during the dunk contest?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The O.C.
    Posts
    7,295
    vCash
    1500
    This happens every year. We all know he scared.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,496
    vCash
    1500
    i just want to see James White participate.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Northport Long Island NY
    Posts
    24,810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingGreen9 View Post
    has anyone ever got hurt during the dunk contest?
    Nope this is comedy .... How bout give him a million and donate it LBJ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,189
    vCash
    1500
    I really don't see why people are excited to see him in one of these. He has never shown that he is the creative dunk type. Just a power slam guy in game, nothing that a JR Smith, Josh Smith, or Iggy has shown early in their careers/previous dunk contests. Maybe he makes these excuses (more money, etc) because he knows this. He won't do it, because what if he loses?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingGreen9 View Post
    has anyone ever got hurt during the dunk contest?
    tony dumas back in 94 or 96

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    15,593
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    Not worth it, he has nothing to gain from doing it.
    He has a lot to lose though, in his eyes.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,995
    vCash
    1500
    The dunk contest sucks these days anyway, over produced and poorly designed for the viewer. Everyone knows people would be at least 100x more excited for 1 on 1 / 2 on 2.

    That said, every "best player in the league" in recent memory has done the dunk contest, and he doesn't do it because he is a ***** - not because he is afraid of injury.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin tx
    Posts
    3,272
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I really don't see why people are excited to see him in one of these. He has never shown that he is the creative dunk type. Just a power slam guy in game, nothing that a JR Smith, Josh Smith, or Iggy has shown early in their careers/previous dunk contests. Maybe he makes these excuses (more money, etc) because he knows this. He won't do it, because what if he loses?
    This says it all, but he'd win just off his name alone.


    Let's get ready to Shiva!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,312
    vCash
    1500
    the best in game dunkers have ducked this forever. How is this new?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,913
    vCash
    1500
    He's totally a game dunker. Best player in the NBA and it's not even close, but in terms of dunking other guys are more creative

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •