Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which LA team do you think will be more dangerous come playoff time?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

7 29.17%
  • Clippers

17 70.83%
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    We have 3 main guys who need to ball to be effective. It can work, but it'll be hard when Derozan and Gay aren't as effective without the ball. I do expect better %'s but not 50% like what they were shooting today.
    Untrue, They shared the ball well, thats why it was such a balanced attack and thats why they were so affective.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Untrue, They shared the ball well, thats why it was such a balanced attack and thats why they were so affective.
    For 1 game. Derozan doesn't do much without the ball and neither does Gay. Luckily, Lowry shot a low amount and focused on distributing. Gay and Derozan went up against some bad defense today. If that's what happens every game then it'll work. But I doubt Lowry goes 6 FGA the rest of the way or we face bad defense.

vCash
    For 1 game. Derozan doesn't do much without the ball and neither does Gay. Luckily, Lowry shot a low amount and focused on distributing. Gay and Derozan went up against some bad defense today. If that's what happens every game then it'll work. But I doubt Lowry goes 6 FGA the rest of the way or we face bad defense.
    Well obviously you can't play the same every night, but this team has gotten so much more athletic and versatile on the wing that we will be a problem for every team, every night. I don't think you are giving the Raptors enough credit. Hell, we were already giving teams trouble, now with Rudy, we will be that much better imo.

vCash
    Well obviously you can't play the same every night, but this team has gotten so much more athletic and versatile on the wing that we will be a problem for every team, every night. I don't think you are giving the Raptors enough credit. Hell, we were already giving teams trouble, now with Rudy, we will be that much better imo.
    I think we'll be a better team. I just said that we won't see consistent games where we'll have a balanced threat from our 2 wing players like tonight.

vCash
    I think the reason Lowry only attempted 6 FG is because he knows 100% now that he's not the best player on the team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    I think the reason Lowry only attempted 6 FG is because he knows 100% now that he's not the best player on the team.
    he's been better than Gay for 2 years though...his seasons just get derailed when he gets hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    He's better than Gay. I think he's taking more of a distributor role knowing Gay and Derozan need touches. But I think as the season goes forward, he'll gradually increase his shots.

vCash
    if they are getting it done lowry will let them take over but you know when its not happening he will be the one to step up and put the team on his back

vCash
    The thing that we haven't seen yet is that Ross and Anderson had a bad shooting game. There will be games when they have good shooting games as well as Gay and Demar. That's the scary part.

vCash
    Why is everyone hating on our team. With a top ten pg (he is when he is healthy), a two legit wings along with a promising young sg in ross and a potential stud in Val I like our team as much as any in the east if they all progress. Indiana overpayed for hibbert, majorly, I just don't like milwaukee with that backcourt, charlotte and philly are meh. Philly lost alot with williams,iggy, brand, meeks imo.

Detroit will be a force soon if they can get some backcourt help as the bigs develop.

However, position for position I think we have alot of pieces, amir is a legit starting PF in the league he gets no credit, he is very solid on d/boards and hustles with a soft touch.

All we need is for Val to develop inside and ross to improve and we are fine moving forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    That's pretty much my thoughts regarding the trade as well, as I feel that we've jumped back on the treadmill.

There needs to be another move of equal impact
    I agree. Problem is we just traded our two best assets away. It only took 7 years to have a few assets accrue in value to the point where they were worth anything. That's how thin the talent has been for so long here.

There's no doubt we need another big move though. No doubt.

vCash
    From what I saw tonight (I know, only one game) Rudy was a victim of being on a team that didn't suit his skill set.

Memphis seems to play a slower, grind it out, half court type of basketball. Rudy is better in the open court running.

With Gasol & Randolph, there wasn't enough spacing for Gay to penetrate. Memphis likes to dump the ball into the post & let Gasol & Randolph go to work which limited Rudy. He also didn't have a scorer like DeMar on the wing to take some pressure off him.

I think he will do much better on the Raptors and will have the opportunity to be the All-Star he was paid to be.
    I hope he can play in the half court. Ask the PHX Suns what happens in the playoffs when you've been living off the open court game all year.

vCash
    I wanted to ask the opinion of those who attended the game, what was their observation of Fields?

IMO the first person that may hate this trade is Landry, for him its Melo all over again.

But I hope I'm wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I hope he can play in the half court. Ask the PHX Suns what happens in the playoffs when you've been living off the open court game all year.
    He can play half court. But he plays in the open court better.

vCash
    I would post him in the half court,

This is where Ross & the consideration to keep Bargnani comes in.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast