Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which LA team do you think will be more dangerous come playoff time?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

7 29.17%
  • Clippers

17 70.83%
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    of course it is, without question it's extremely athletic. is this the style of play the coach is trying to implement though? and what happens when we aren't able to enforce that style of play on our opponents? will be interesting to see what develops.
    Rudy Gay is also a very good half-court player as well. Memphis is a half court team and he can play in that slower system. Our guys will get out and run when the opportunity presents itself.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I was at the game and it was awesome!!! Cheered for Rudy when he came out of the tunnel. We really showed him some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Crowd better not boo for pizza
    Overall I don't think we did. I heard one of my friends was disappointed but i told him to forget it and enjoy the win.

Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    Wow, are you kidding me Butler? What A douche.
    I always liked Caron Butler... man that pissed me off. He is now an enemy in my mind. Do we play the clips again this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I was at the game and it was awesome!!! Cheered for Rudy when he came out of the tunnel. We really showed him some love.

Overall I don't think we did. I heard one of my friends was disappointed but i told him to forget it and enjoy the win.

I always liked Caron Butler... man that pissed me off. He is now an enemy in my mind. Do we play the clips again this season?
    Bob, I asked a question earlier. Since you were in the game, have you noticed any unusual reaction from Fields. What was your observation about him?

I thought he would be one of the first person that may not like the trade especially after going through the Melo's acquisition in NY and him relegated back to the bench with lesser playing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Rudy Gay is also a very good half-court player as well. Memphis is a half court team and he can play in that slower system. Our guys will get out and run when the opportunity presents itself.
    he's struggled the past 2 years there. maybe playing with Gasol and Randolph in the middle clogged driving lanes, but then again Randolph was injured most of last year and he still didn't improve

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you thought it was obvious before the game last night.

i think they are probably a little bit better but what you saw last night was a team playing fast and loose and full of energy. the gay effect if you will.
    Though I agree in not labeling him a savior of sorts after one game, the Rudy Gay effect is no different than CP3 effect changing the outlook of the Clippers.

He may not be as talented as an individual but his athleticism, size, ability to post & ISO even on poor efficiency will have an effect beyond his numbers to this roster.

IMO he's a good bridge from back court to front court.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    No way, this team is instantly better, it is obvious.

I was at the game and got to see the looks of dispair on the Clippers matching up against players that were as or even more athletic than them. They knew there was nothing they could do. Yes the don't have Chris Paul but they had no clue how to defend our team. After half-time they still had no answer and the Raptors scored at the exact same rate as the first half.
    They were missing their two best defensive players so of course they would have looked out of place defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Though I agree in not labeling him a savior of sorts after one game, the Rudy Gay effect is no different than CP3 effect changing the outlook of the Clippers.

He may not be as talented as an individual but his athleticism, size, ability to post & ISO even on poor efficiency will have an effect beyond his numbers to this roster.

IMO he's a good bridge from the back court to front court.
    I think he'll be more effective playing the 4 for us when we go small than as a 3 in a traditional lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I think he'll be more effective playing the 4 for us when we go small than as a 3 in a traditional lineup.
    Have to head out but agree, would like to utilize him in the post more than Memphis did. Whether it's with a stretch big or going small.

vCash
    Have to head out but agree, would like to utilize him in the post more than Memphis did. Whether it's with a stretch big or going small.
    I think we can utilize him in the same manner that Philadelphia is doing with Thaddeus Young except Gay would fit that role better because he has a better perimeter game. That's the only way I can think of to improve Gay's efficiency. However, we would need to acquire a bruising 7 footer or hope that Jonas develops into one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post

You went to a great game man.. Really was awesome

vCash
    IMO he's a good bridge from back court to front court.
    Totally agree with that in theory. We'll have to see what he does when he's familiar with the offence. Yesterday there was almost no structure to the team, and Gay's involvement was as if he was in more of a wide-open scrimmage. Could have been one of the reasons why the Clippers struggled to defend; they had no idea what was coming at them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Bob, I asked a question earlier. Since you were in the game, have you noticed any unusual reaction from Fields. What was your observation about him?

I thought he would be one of the first person that may not like the trade especially after going through the Melo's acquisition in NY and him relegated back to the bench with lesser playing time.
    Who cares. He's in no place to be complaining about his role, he is a good character guy, I'm sure he will except whatever role the coach gives him. The Knicks team he played with didn't share the ball like our team does. He isn't a guy that should be taking a lot of shots anyways, he just needs to stick to what he does best to help the team. There are also injuries, he will get his opportunity at some point.

He is getting paid a lot of money & has a beautiful blonde girlfriend, he will be fine.

vCash
    Was at a conference Thurs and Fri so unfortunately I didn't get to see the whole game, but ****ing Rudy Gay man

vCash
    I'm watching it again, it was too good not to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post

I didn't notice anything. Dude actually got some love from the crowd when he hit a 3-pointer

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast