Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which LA team do you think will be more dangerous come playoff time?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

7 29.17%
  • Clippers

17 70.83%
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I think we'll be a better team. I just said that we won't see consistent games where we'll have a balanced threat from our 2 wing players like tonight.
    Pretty sure this is why the team kept Ross.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    1 game....remember how fast everyone turned on Lowry after his quick start.

That being said, he played well and I hope him and Demar make a good 1-2 punch but i still have doubts
    Yah but this is different. You could see the chemistry they had out there. How many teams in the leagu can now matchup Vs our 2/3 position? Probably only a handful of teams. If Derozan keeps up his playmaking then they're gonna be a hard duo to shut down.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Yah but this is different. You could see the chemistry they had out there. How many teams in the leagu can now matchup Vs our 2/3 position? Probably only a handful of teams. If Derozan keeps up his playmaking then they're gonna be a hard duo to shut down.
    Every playoff team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Every playoff team?
    well definitely a clear seperation from the playoff and non playoff teams for sure. However, we just might have found a player who needed a change of scenery and found a team that was willing to run and not get bogged down in paint. opens him offensively for sure.

vCash
    Did you guys here what Derozan said in his post game presser? I'm paraphrasing: "You know I played with Rudy for a couple years out in LA and we said jokingly, when are we going to play together?"

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/dem...zan-feb-1-2013

Derozan has been recruiting for us. BC probably brought in Lowry knowing that Rudy Gay would be open to playing for the Raps.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I agree. Problem is we just traded our two best assets away. It only took 7 years to have a few assets accrue in value to the point where they were worth anything. That's how thin the talent has been for so long here.

There's no doubt we need another big move though. No doubt.
    Ross and Val have more value than Jose and Ed IMO. Remember how San Antonio offered Parker for Val?

Agreed with the bolded.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    To all the Rudy detractors eat your words.
    BHAHAHAH. touch premature.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    BHAHAHAH. touch premature.
    No way, this team is instantly better, it is obvious.

I was at the game and got to see the looks of dispair on the Clippers matching up against players that were as or even more athletic than them. They knew there was nothing they could do. Yes the don't have Chris Paul but they had no clue how to defend our team. After half-time they still had no answer and the Raptors scored at the exact same rate as the first half.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    They were both hitting 3s yesterday (which we know doesn't happen often), so they looked good together. If they can knock down shots then they could be dangerous, but I don't have faith in them to shoot like they did last night throughout the whole season

vCash
    No way, this team is instantly better, it is obvious.
    i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you thought it was obvious before the game last night.

i think they are probably a little bit better but what you saw last night was a team playing fast and loose and full of energy. the gay effect if you will.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you thought it was obvious before the game last night.

i think they are probably a little bit better but what you saw last night was a team playing fast and loose and full of energy. the gay effect if you will.

http://i.minus.com/iopKiYLqpDial.gif
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 02-02-2013 at 12:14 PM.

vCash
    Not sure and I know it's not the NBA but I'm sure Derozan and Rudy played together in the drew league.

vCash
    Once Ross becomes more consistent. You will truly see the potential of a Demar/ Rudy duo. Play all three together with Ross making his shots. I'm not sure many teams can defend that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    They were both hitting 3s yesterday (which we know doesn't happen often), so they looked good together. If they can knock down shots then they could be dangerous, but I don't have faith in them to shoot like they did last night throughout the whole season
    Don't get me wrong there will be growing pains. But if you look at the shots they took they were all good shots. Raptors shot 46% which isn't an amazing percentage overall. We shot a great percentage from 3 however which won't happen all the time of course. But the spacing was very good and I've never seen Derozan play that confidently before.

When you put Lowry, Derozan, Gay, Ross and Amir on the court that is one athletic lineup. Isaiah Thomas was saying on NBATV how the Raps are now one of the most athletic teams in the east.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    When you put Lowry, Derozan, Gay, Ross and Amir on the court that is one athletic lineup. Isaiah Thomas was saying on NBATV how the Raps are now one of the most athletic teams in the east.
    of course it is, without question it's extremely athletic. is this the style of play the coach is trying to implement though? and what happens when we aren't able to enforce that style of play on our opponents? will be interesting to see what develops.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast