Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which LA team do you think will be more dangerous come playoff time?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

7 29.17%
  • Clippers

17 70.83%
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Got to give the fans that were at the ACC major props tonight. I watched it on TV but I could tell it was a great atmosphere. Made the game that much more enjoyable.
    Too true. It's the little stuff like this that make being a fan of a certain team that much more enjoyable.

I would give anything to turn back the clock and buy tickets to the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    To all the Rudy detractors eat your words.
    *eats crow* lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    *eats crow* lol
    I can't speak for other Rudy "detractors" but my concerns were purely from a financial/team building perspective. It would take a fool to say that we didn't win out on TALENT alone, but this move screams treadmill, 2nd round exit team move. With huge contracts out to limited players, it makes it difficult to bring in guys that are REALLY going to push you over the top. You don't have the cap flexibility to do it in free agency, you don't have the ****** team to do it through the draft, and you don't have enough assets to give up in a trade (if a real star even becomes available)

This is gonna be a fun as **** team to watch. And I'm cool with that - I've come to realize just how unlikely a championship is. I'd be happy if we were moving in the right direction towards a true championship type foundation, but I'm cool with this too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    I can't speak for other Rudy "detractors" but my concerns were purely from a financial/team building perspective. It would take a fool to say that we didn't win out on TALENT alone, but this move screams treadmill, 2nd round exit team move. With huge contracts out to limited players, it makes it difficult to bring in guys that are REALLY going to push you over the top. You don't have the cap flexibility to do it in free agency, you don't have the ****** team to do it through the draft, and you don't have enough assets to give up in a trade (if a real star even becomes available)

This is gonna be a fun as **** team to watch. And I'm cool with that - I've come to realize just how unlikely a championship is. I'd be happy if we were moving in the right direction towards a true championship type foundation, but I'm cool with this too.
    That's pretty much my thoughts regarding the trade as well, as I feel that we've jumped back on the treadmill.

There needs to be another move of equal impact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magikmc View Post
    lol. 4 quarters into a 3 year contract, huh? Haha.
    Can't help but feel good about the potential of this team moving forward. He will open up the floor for the rest of the team to get quality shots.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I think we got spoiled this game. We won't see a lot of games where both Derozan and Gay score 35 point or more combined. Lowry only took 6 shots. If he goes back to shooting more than 12 FGA, 1 of Gay or Derozan (most likely him) will suffer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I think we got spoiled this game. We won't see a lot of games where both Derozan and Gay score 35 point or more combined. Lowry only took 6 shots. If he goes back to shooting more than 12 FGA, 1 of Gay or Derozan (most likely him) will suffer.
    You don't think so? They both average 17+ ppg, you'd think that MOST nights they will score 35+. Gay, Demar, Lowry will, in that order, get the most FGA. Who else is gonna take shots? Bargnani is good as gone, IMO, and Amir will be fourth in the pecking order. I'm thinking that Demar and Gay keep it above 17 ppg and Lowry sticks around 12-14 ppg the rest of the year. That's reasonable. I mean, as long as Alan Anderson is cool with relinquishing his superstar status...

vCash
    From what I saw tonight (I know, only one game) Rudy was a victim of being on a team that didn't suit his skill set.

Memphis seems to play a slower, grind it out, half court type of basketball. Rudy is better in the open court running.

With Gasol & Randolph, there wasn't enough spacing for Gay to penetrate. Memphis likes to dump the ball into the post & let Gasol & Randolph go to work which limited Rudy. He also didn't have a scorer like DeMar on the wing to take some pressure off him.

I think he will do much better on the Raptors and will have the opportunity to be the All-Star he was paid to be.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    You don't think so? They both average 17+ ppg, you'd think that MOST nights they will score 35+. Gay, Demar, Lowry will, in that order, get the most FGA. Who else is gonna take shots? Bargnani is good as gone, IMO, and Amir will be fourth in the pecking order. I'm thinking that Demar and Gay keep it above 17 ppg and Lowry sticks around 12-14 ppg the rest of the year. That's reasonable. I mean, as long as Alan Anderson is cool with relinquishing his superstar status...
    A lot of things would have to go right. For this game, Lowry took 6 shots, both Demar and Gay shot well above their normal FG%, and we were facing some horrible defense.

I don't think we'll see that much games for the remaining of the year where we see 2 evenly distributed scoring from Demar and Gay. Maybe you'll still see 35 points for games but I think you'll see a lot of uneven distribution (Gay scores 23 and Derozan scores like 13. Then the next game, Deroan gets like 21, Gay gets 14.)

vCash
    Hopefully he makes the ASG next year. But it'll be hard since Deng will be on a playoff team next year and the Pacers will have 1 of Granger or George playing good. Not to mention Paul Pierce getting the respect of the coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    To all the Rudy detractors eat your words.
    1 game....remember how fast everyone turned on Lowry after his quick start.

That being said, he played well and I hope him and Demar make a good 1-2 punch but i still have doubts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    A lot of things would have to go right. For this game, Lowry took 6 shots, both Demar and Gay shot well above their normal FG%, and we were facing some horrible defense.

I don't think we'll see that much games for the remaining of the year where we see 2 evenly distributed scoring from Demar and Gay. Maybe you'll still see 35 points for games but I think you'll see a lot of uneven distribution (Gay scores 23 and Derozan scores like 13. Then the next game, Deroan gets like 21, Gay gets 14.)
    Or you could look at it the other way. That they really may compliment each others games, and really can make each other better which could lead to them shooting better percentages...

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    1 game....remember how fast everyone turned on Lowry after his quick start.

That being said, he played well and I hope him and Demar make a good 1-2 punch but i still have doubts
    Such a negative nancie Saddler

This is possibly the best trade the Raptors have ever made since trading for VC on draft night.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Or you could look at it the other way. That they really may compliment each others games, and really can make each other better which could lead to them shooting better percentages...
    We have 3 main guys who need to ball to be effective. It can work, but it'll be hard when Derozan and Gay aren't as effective without the ball. I do expect better %'s but not 50% like what they were shooting today.

vCash
    Didn't see the game but from the highlights it looks like they pushed the tempo all game. This team is going to be exciting to watch.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast