Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which LA team do you think will be more dangerous come playoff time?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

7 29.17%
  • Clippers

17 70.83%
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So many negative nancies on the fan590 right now.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Only saw the 2nd half, but very impressed by what I saw! If Demar keeps getting 5+apg and Rudy plays solid defence then maybe they can co-exist in the starting lineup. Also interested to see how Bargs fits in. We could use his low post defence, and he may fit in the 6th man role. Interested to see how this team continues to gel.

Also hope Lowry continues to look pass first. He can be a great all around PG when he lets the game come to him.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Ross, Demar, Gay.

Future wing tandem of the East.

I'm so glad they didn't trade Ross away. Gonna be an exciting era of Toronto basketball. I don't think we have ever had 3 wing players at the same time as athletic and skilled as these young gentlemen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Only saw the 2nd half, but very impressed by what I saw! If Demar keeps getting 5+apg and Rudy plays solid defence then maybe they can co-exist in the starting lineup. Also interested to see how Bargs fits in. We could use his low post defence, and he may fit in the 6th man role. Interested to see how this team continues to gel.

Also hope Lowry continues to look pass first. He can be a great all around PG when he lets the game come to him.
    A lot of people thought that they couldn't co-exist because they have "the same game" or whatever, but the way I see it, they are gonna make each other better. It's almost like the opposing team is seeing double - you can't double team 2 of the same player.....you double team derozan, gay is open, you double team gay, derozan is open.

Once these 2 really learn to feed off each other and take what the defense gives them, they are gonna be hard to stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun
    "It felt great to be accepted like I did today," Gay said. . It just makes you want to play hard."
    "Fans don’t really understand their participation, coming out and supporting us, how much it means to us."
    "DeMar’s a great player, he’s by far the best two-guard I ever played with. For us to be good, we have to have that kind of interaction

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    you know it's your night when lucas jacks up a 35' and it's a no doubter. Nice effort, but the real test of the value of this trade is still ahead of us
    Yeah Sunday against the Heat should be a bit different. The Raps were very good and it was fun to watch but the Heat are not going to blow as badly as the Clippers did tonight.

Still, a great debut for Rudy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    A lot of people thought that they couldn't co-exist because they have "the same game" or whatever, but the way I see it, they are gonna make each other better. It's almost like the opposing team is seeing double - you can't double team 2 of the same player.....you double team derozan, gay is open, you double team gay, derozan is open.

Once these 2 really learn to feed off each other and take what the defense gives them, they are gonna be hard to stop.
    realistically speaking though, they dont really have the same game. just b/c they average the same points doesn't mean they do. I mean Gay is a much more skilled offensive player. did you see the handling and jumpshot at the half? That is something Derozan can't do. albiet an older Grant hill but that requires skill. They might be similar but their games aren't as close as you think it is. this is an obvious overrated comparison.

vCash
    Here are Rudy's highlights from tonights game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-CjK...layer_embedded

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Saw a little bit of this gay but the Raptors play faster with more pick rolls while the Grizzlies are heavy LOW post team.

This will really help Gay just like it help Mayo and Dallas.
    Last edited by Blitzbolt; 02-01-2013 at 11:16 PM.

vCash
    Josh Lewenberg ‏@JLew1050
    DeMar on Rudy's presence: "It gave me everything I need, to be honest. Teams can't double me or focus in on me"

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    was at the game, LAC looked TERRIBLE!!!

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    realistically speaking though, they dont really have the same game. just b/c they average the same points doesn't mean they do. I mean Gay is a much more skilled offensive player. did you see the handling and jumpshot at the half? That is something Derozan can't do. albiet an older Grant hill but that requires skill. They might be similar but their games aren't as close as you think it is. this is an obvious overrated comparison.
    I completely agree with you bro. In my post I was referring to other people who were trying to convince themselves that the Gay trade wasn't a good idea lol.

Having a solid SG/SF duo on your team can be devastating to opposing team's defenses if it's executed the right way. Look no further than Jordan/Pippen or LeBron/Wade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    I completely agree with you bro. In my post I was referring to other people who were trying to convince themselves that the Gay trade wasn't a good idea lol.

Having a solid SG/SF duo on your team can be devastating to opposing team's defenses if it's executed the right way. Look no further than Jordan/Pippen or LeBron/Wade
    and Demar is totally gonna benefit from this. well put in the quote:

Josh Lewenberg ‏@JLew1050
    DeMar on Rudy's presence: "It gave me everything I need, to be honest. Teams can't double me or focus in on me"
    brings me back and reminisce of the Carter/Tmac days. This could probably be as close as you can get to those two players when they were in the Raptors uniform. and Ross is Mo-Pete HA! but this time, the Raps get to keep all three at once.

lets get those efficiency ratings up. Def helps when you got a fast break waiting to happen when any combination of Ross/Demar/Gay/Lowry are on the court. good chance they are going to get easy baskets.
    Last edited by koreancabbage; 02-01-2013 at 11:33 PM.

vCash
    Watching the game today, I realized something. The team seemed to play so well together, almost as if they just had this confidence about them like "we know we're a good team now." And as a fan, I felt confident that we were gonna hold on to our lead - I didn't have a doubt in my mind.

That's what Rudy Gay brings to our team. As much as the majority of people will argue that "Rudy gay is not a star" and "he's overpaid", in the end there's something special about him. Maybe he's not a superstar, but he definitely is a star. And he brings that certain "energy" about him that makes our team more confident, and just better overall. This is the guy who can hit the shots. When the ball leaves his hand, you're not gonna cringe and doubt that it will go in.

Our guys can relax and just play their game now, the pressure is off. We have that missing piece that we've been lacking this whole time. We have our go-to-guy, our last-second shot taker, our "lead-maintainer" lol

And the beauty is we still held on to valuable young pieces in Ross and Valanciunas. It still sucks to see Jose and Ed go, but the future is bright here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    what did butler do?

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast