Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Casey fined by NBA

If I were more ambitious I would find 25000 raptor fans to donate a buck to pay the fine because its what we were all thinking and it got some play to Canada and America about the screw jobs we have been getting. I wanted him to get in the refs face or throw a water cooler lol. Hopefully BC picks up the tab

NEW YORK (AP) -- Toronto Raptors coach Dwane Casey was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Thursday for criticizing officials the previous night after a loss at Atlanta.

In the closing seconds of the Raptors' 93-92 loss to the Hawks, Toronto's DeMar DeRozan grabbed the rebound of a missed shot by teammate Alan Anderson and had his attempt under the basket blocked by the Hawks' Al Horford. There was apparent contact from Horford on DeRozan, but no foul was called.

Casey and the Raptors wanted a foul called during the intense exchange, but no whistle meant the Hawks survived for the win. Casey charged onto the court with his arms extended, demanding an explanation.

During his postgame news conference he said his initial belief a foul should have been called was supported by his review of the video.

vCash
    Good on Casey

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the head office is going to help him pay the fine.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    he actually didnt critisize the refs, I beleive his exact words were " We have good ref's and they are too good to miss calls like that"

this fine is straight up

vCash
    The league can go **** itself. Damn refs are untouchable. They have a job to do. If they don't do the job right, then they deserve criticism. That's how life works.

vCash
    what's even more BS is BC said in an interview that the league reviewed it and said it wasn't a foul? Guess it's better to straight up lie than apologize for the 4th time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    what's even more BS is BC said in an interview that the league reviewed it and said it wasn't a foul? Guess it's better to straight up lie than apologize for the 4th time.
    Don't worry man. We're still leading the league in apologies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    The league can go **** itself. Damn refs are untouchable. They have a job to do. If they don't do the job right, then they deserve criticism. That's how life works.
    your right man, the fact that this has happened 4 times is a joke!!! its like their fu45$% job is to fu$% us over, its getting way to ridiculous!. We have a hard time wining when its fair let alone when we have two battles to fight.

vCash
    **** this!

vCash
    I'd seriously throw money on this ****. **** the NBA and the pathetic refs

vCash
    Rogers and Bell can pay the fine for him -- or I hope they do...you know Mark Cuban would cover the fine for any Maverick who'd get fined for name calling.

vCash
    His rant wasn't that bad, surprised he got fined but i guess the NBA is just staying consistent. Sam Mitchell thought it was a good call. He said Demar lost the ball before he went up.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    His rant wasn't that bad, surprised he got fined but i guess the NBA is just staying consistent. Sam Mitchell thought it was a good call. He said Demar lost the ball before he went up.
    even if you mention the refs in a post-game interview it's pretty much an auto-fine. I don't blame him one bit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I watched the replay multiple times and the ball was still in his possesion when he got smacked in the damn face.
    Do The Twirk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    even if you mention the refs in a post-game interview it's pretty much an auto-fine. I don't blame him one bit
    Yeah I'm happy Casey complained. It's about time someone stepped up and said something.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast