Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Wow, top 5 player? This couldn't be more incorrect.
    Sorry, let me correct myself top 5 at there position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfan In NY View Post
    Sorry, let me correct myself top 5 at there position.
    Even of you did initially mean that, (jury is still out) the past couple years Duncan, Dirk, Randolph, KG, Blake, Love and Aldridge have all been arguably better than Bosh since he's joined the Heat. You can even throw A'mare in there if you want to be daring. I'll give you Wade, but Bosh has been relegated to a glorified role player on the Heat, a third cog but by no means a superstar or top player.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    Oh **** Kobe has more assists that a center! How impressive!

It's the combination of the two (points and assist) that makes it impressive genius.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Even of you did initially mean that, (jury is still out) the past couple years Duncan, Dirk, Randolph, KG, Blake, Love and Aldridge have all been arguably better than Bosh since he's joined the Heat. You can even throw A'mare in there if you want to be daring. I'll give you Wade, but Bosh has been relegated to a glorified role player on the Heat, a third cog but by no means a superstar or top player.
    Definite debate. Duncan, KG more like centers at this stage in their career. I agree though, he is a role player bc of situation not play. Trade him right now, he becomes a superstar again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Rhetorical question here man. Not Laker fans, but insane Laker/Kobe fans need constant validation that their guy is an all timer, and need to press their agenda that some current younger player won't pass them in their minds, and he shall not be named.

Really? It seems to me that the vast majority of Kobe threads are started by non laker/Kobe fans attemping to knock him in one way or another.

vCash
    Definite debate. Duncan, KG more like centers at this stage in their career. I agree though, he is a role player bc of situation not play. Trade him right now, he becomes a superstar again.
    THIS... He's had to take a step back in production, for Lebron and some nights Wade to lead.
    #Chow!

We don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer." -Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    that's a ridiculous time to switch from a shaq to kobe fan. look at the numbers each put up in that finals. Shaq was dominating, yet needed the ball more(kobe wouldn't feed him, instead insisted on fade away hero shot bricks). Kobe got shut down like a woman by their defense, while Shaq was abusing them. why can't Lakers fans admit what really happened in that finals?

Shaq 26.6 ppg 63%FG, 10.8 rpg, 1.6 apg
    Kobe 22.6 ppg 38%FG, 2.8 rpg,, 4.4 apg

Shaquille shot the ball 84 times to Kobe's 113. dude would not stop shootin bricks instead of feeding the only guy killing the pistons for 63%fg. nobody else on the lakers even got near 40% except rick fox, who played a whopping 30 min total. it was obvious Kobe was refusing to give the ball up, & trying for finals mvp or bust(he'd rather lose than let shaq get another finals mvp). yea kobe was far from better than shaq at that point, & he hated it. he should have made sure to get shaq the ball more & have him avg about 32-35 ppg, & only shot when it was a great look(helping his fg%), for any chance of LA winning, but there was no way his was gonna sit by & watch shaq get another finals mvp. Shaquille was the 1 guy the pistons had no answer for. i'd have been furious at kobe if i was a lakers fan, but i loved what happened(basically throwing the finals because of ego). priceless finals lolz

Double post
    Last edited by jayjay33; 02-01-2013 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    that's a ridiculous time to switch from a shaq to kobe fan. look at the numbers each put up in that finals. Shaq was dominating, yet needed the ball more(kobe wouldn't feed him, instead insisted on fade away hero shot bricks). Kobe got shut down like a woman by their defense, while Shaq was abusing them. why can't Lakers fans admit what really happened in that finals?

Shaq 26.6 ppg 63%FG, 10.8 rpg, 1.6 apg
    Kobe 22.6 ppg 38%FG, 2.8 rpg,, 4.4 apg

Shaquille shot the ball 84 times to Kobe's 113. dude would not stop shootin bricks instead of feeding the only guy killing the pistons for 63%fg. nobody else on the lakers even got near 40% except rick fox, who played a whopping 30 min total. it was obvious Kobe was refusing to give the ball up, & trying for finals mvp or bust(he'd rather lose than let shaq get another finals mvp). yea kobe was far from better than shaq at that point, & he hated it. he should have made sure to get shaq the ball more & have him avg about 32-35 ppg, & only shot when it was a great look(helping his fg%), for any chance of LA winning, but there was no way his was gonna sit by & watch shaq get another finals mvp. Shaquille was the 1 guy the pistons had no answer for. i'd have been furious at kobe if i was a lakers fan, but i loved what happened(basically throwing the finals because of ego). priceless finals lolz

You left out the part about the pistons entire game plan being exploit shaq lack of any kind of defense "what-so-ever" in pick and roll. Shaq's name should be on Chauncey billups MVP trophy. Kobe shooting didn't hurt them NEARLY as much as shaq's defense. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. priceless finals indeed lolz

vCash
    I don't think he was ever a superstar. He's a good scorer, but he definitely had Mike James syndrome in Toronto -- somebody had to do the scoring. I think Bosh is a good player, but superstar he is absolutely not.

EDIT: Went back and looked at his peak PER. It was elite-level but I still never considered him a superstar. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by RLundi; 02-01-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    For every Kobe thread, there are LeBron fans. Same the other way.

True but you can make a Lebron thread without being completely bombarded with Kobe talk. There are your die hard Kobe guys that chime in but that's the minority.

You make a Kobe thread and people that don't even consider themselves big Lebron fans will throw his name around just to discredit him in some way. How many times have you seen a Kobe thread and somebody just comes out of the clear blue sky with "Lebron is better than Kobe EVER was!" Like man what does that have to do with the topic?

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    to expand on the topic a bit

kobe has the 4th most assists out of any of the top 25 scorers in NBA history. Only three top 25 all-time scorers have more assists than kobe. oscar robertson (10th all-time scorer), jerry west (15th) and john havlicek (12th).

kobe is on pace to pass west and havlicek in assists in 2013-2014. he's on pace to retire as the #2 assist man out of the nbas top 25 all time scorers (if LBJ doesn't crack the top 25 scoring list before Kobe retires/pass him in assists by that time).

#brunostats.
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash
    Anyone got the inverse of this stat. Assist leader with the most points or something.

vCash
    Longevity is going to have Kobe's counting stats well ahead of a lot of people who are considered better at said statistic. His longevity is going to be close to unmatched when all is said and done. But, counting stats, like everything else need to be taken with a grain of salt...often a large one.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    When it comes to comparing Kobe vs Wade, people say "Wade >> Kobe!" "Wade is a Top 8 player!!" When it comes to discussing Wade's role on the Heat..."Wade is not a Top 10 player." "Wade is a role player!"

NBA Forum.

vCash
    Kobe fans salty.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast