Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    Rings certainly matter and now LBJ has joined dwade and.bosh and much like Kobe, has the talent around him to win multiple titles. If he's as good or better than Kobe, he should be able.to win another 3 or 4 titles. The lebron v Kobe argument has a very simple.solution. if lebron can get to 5 titles, considering he is on probably the most talented team in the league, then the argument will make sense. No more "no talent" excuse for LBJ. No reason lebron shouldn't get to 4 or 5 titles if Kobe did it.
    Prime Shaq does not equate to an aging Wade and Bosh. Playing with prime Shaq along with a prime top 5 player is an instant championship freebie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    For around three years, Kobe cried and demanded a trade. For around seven years, LeBron stuck it out and never cried. He made the best of his time there regardless of what happened. Kobe on the other hand isolated himself from his entire team because they weren't on his "level."
    Actually, it was more like 11 years with the Lakers & demanded a trade in 2007 but stayed. While, LBJ took his talents to south beach & left the Cavs high & dry. They could have traded him & got a ***** load of talent & picks but all indictations were he was heading back to his home town & more money.

Ever notice when Kobe isn't happy things seem to get fixed rather quickly...& always for the better...Management made the right decision (unlike the Cavs) & got rid of a aging HOF...Kobe demands for help...enter Gasol & Poof...2 championship out of three tries. LBJ shuts his mouth than leaves...Kobe b*t*h & stays.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Yeah, but it took him 1200 games to do what Jordan did in 1072.

Jordan is still the better play maker on the list. As for the other guys, they were power players (centers and forwards), so obviously they don't have as many assists. Dr. J scored fewer points but has more assists (including ABA numbers). And he's miles behind Oscar for assists, and Oscar played far fewer games, while also averaging about as many points a game.

Kobe is a scorer. It is impressive that he's gotten as many assists as he has, but at the same time there were several guys who scored as much and were better play makers, Kobe has just played more games than them.

Kobe also has the worst FG% among those guys, and the least amount of rebounds among them as well. And by far the fewest blocks, and the fewest steals for whose steals were recorded every season (Kareem and Wilt played back when steals weren't recorded).
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    High usage guys tend to have a good deal of assists. Kobe is a pretty good passer but trying to say scoring in not his first and second option, that is not gonna work. Iverson and Westbrook, who are regularly regarded as ball hogs, all had/have high assist averages. Kobe is a good passer when he wants to be, though. Especially with big guys.
    Last edited by DreamShaker; 02-01-2013 at 02:45 PM.

vCash
    Prime Shaq does not equate to an aging Wade and Bosh. Playing with prime Shaq along with a prime top 5 player is an instant championship freebie.
    What?! Wade was 30! Bosh was like 28! Who's not in their prime?

As many times I hear peeople arguing that Wade was better than Kobe thats not an excuse. So does that means LBJ champinship was a feebie? Between having 2 other top 5 players in the league on his team & a shorten season (you thought I forgot) Does LBJ have a 1/2 of a championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfan In NY View Post

As many times I hear peeople arguing that Wade was better than Kobe thats not an excuse. So does that means LBJ champinship was a feebie? Between having 2 other top 5 players in the league on his team & a shorten season (you thought I forgot) Does LBJ have a 1/2 of a championship.
    I said aging Wade, not Bosh. Also, you're telling me Wade is in his prime? Lmao. Shaq in his prime would dominate Bosh and this league. You're not making much sense. I think you forget how good Shaq was. He is the most dominating player in NBA history.

vCash

Haha.. It's funny when they all came together they were all in their Prime. All of a sudden they win a championship with Lebron being the MVP and finals MVP, and people claim he "carried" an aging Heat team
    #Chow!

We don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer." -Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Actually, it was more like 11 years with the Lakers & demanded a trade in 2007 but stayed. While, LBJ took his talents to south beach & left the Cavs high & dry. They could have traded him & got a ***** load of talent & picks but all indictations were he was heading back to his home town & more money.

Ever notice when Kobe isn't happy things seem to get fixed rather quickly...& always for the better...Management made the right decision (unlike the Cavs) & got rid of a aging HOF...Kobe demands for help...enter Gasol & Poof...2 championship out of three tries. LBJ shuts his mouth than leaves...Kobe b*t*h & stays.
    How is it 11 years? From 2004-2007, Kobe was busy crying and demanded a trade if he didn't get support. He stayed because they went and got Pau Gasol to stop his crying. LBJ took his talents to Miami to compete with the other elite teams. Boston had one, Spurs had one, LAL had one, there is no such thing as one player carrying his team against a superteam. People just recognize Miami as the "superteam" of today because they have the biggest names on that team.

You're pretty damn stupid. LeBron stayed 7 years, never complained. He always appreciated his teammates and never insulted them like your boy Kobe. You said Kobe demanded for help? Lmao, he cried twice in his career for not wanting to play for losing teams!

vCash
    I said aging Wade, not Bosh. Also, you're telling me Wade is in his prime? Lmao. Shaq in his prime would dominate Bosh and this league. You're not making much sense. I think you forget how good Shaq was. He is the most dominating player in NBA history.
    Actually most Heat fans will tell you that Wade is just recovering from injuries... from last year. Age 30 is actually most people's back end of their Prime too.
    #Chow!

We don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer." -Kobe Bryant

vCash

I think that was only in response to the guy saying Lebron needs 5 rings to be on Kobes level. Kobe has been on a team with significantly more talent than lebron had on the Cavs for 13ish years (he was very young for some though) and wasnt even the best player on his team for 3 of the titles. Lebron will not have the same opportunity because wade is aging and won't last another 8 years.

Also Bosh was injured for part of the playoffs and wade was much more like a sidekick than a superstar last year. Compare Pau's play in the playoffs the two years the lakers won to Wade's last year and I'd take pau over wade (not in general just the playoffs as wade clearly wasn't the same). Lebron was clearly the best player on the team which is only true for Kobe twice (you can argue 2001 was close, but so was 2010 then). I don't understand people trying to discredit Lebron's ring.

vCash
    [/B]

I agree but your not putting this in context either. For you to say its not an impressive accomplishment is mind blowing if you put it into "context" He's a non-point guard. A "shoot 1st player." Alittle under 600 & he'll be the high assist leader of any non point guard in NBA history. Ok I get it, he played with Shaq & Gasol. But he also played with Kwame Brown, Smush parker & luke walton. But his assist level pretty much stayed the same.

I think your dislike for him clouds the meaning of this "accomplishment." This is a great accomplishment by a great player. The same way (if healthy) it will be a great accomplishment when LBJ breaks it. Just take it for what it is & stop trying to find ways to convince yourself its meaningless when it truly isn't.
    I'm not saying 5 rings isn't a great accomplishment.

I'm saying leading Karl, Kareem, Wilt and MJ in assists isn't a great accomplishment. That's what this thread is about, correct?
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Lebron is very very good, but all this d1ck riding need to stop. Lebron has 2 top 10 players as teammates, then all of a sudden they are garbage right when the Heat wins in 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    Actually most Heat fans will tell you that Wade is just recovering from injuries... from last year. Age 30 is actually most people's back end of their Prime too.
    So what are the excuses for last year NBA playoffs when LeBron had to carry his team with Wade struggling and Bosh being injured? You're telling me a 30 year old Wade and Chris Bosh could stop a prime Shaq?

vCash
    So what are the excuses for last year NBA playoffs when LeBron had to carry his team with Wade struggling and Bosh being injured? You're telling me a 30 year old Wade and Chris Bosh could stop a prime Shaq?
    no one can stop prime Shaq but Shaq certainly cannot stop Wade AND Bosh, or any 2 players for that matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    no one can stop prime Shaq but Shaq certainly cannot stop Wade AND Bosh, or any 2 players for that matter.
    Let me put it into another perspective.

Would you rather have LeBron+30 year Wade, and Bosh, or LeBron with prime Shaq?
    I think the answer is visible.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast