Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 359
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Then don't watch.
    Shut your mouth.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,072
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    You think that would be the case if you swapped their careers...meaning Kobe got the Cavs and one all-star and one player ever with a 20+ PER, and LeBron got Shaq, Phil and so on?


    Rings matter. But you have to put it in context...or it means nothing.


    I agree but your not putting this in context either. For you to say its not an impressive accomplishment is mind blowing if you put it into "context" He's a non-point guard. A "shoot 1st player." Alittle under 600 & he'll be the high assist leader of any non point guard in NBA history. Ok I get it, he played with Shaq & Gasol. But he also played with Kwame Brown, Smush parker & luke walton. But his assist level pretty much stayed the same.

    I think your dislike for him clouds the meaning of this "accomplishment." This is a great accomplishment by a great player. The same way (if healthy) it will be a great accomplishment when LBJ breaks it. Just take it for what it is & stop trying to find ways to convince yourself its meaningless when it truly isn't.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,318
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Lebrons just getting started, he's got a good 6 more productive seasons before he will start to decline in the least bit. He's basically entering his prime right about now, no way he's declining when he reaches 30.
    No trust me he's got 2-3 more great seasons in him, then he'll be decking once he hits 30 he'll still be a top 5 player just not as great as he is now, his playmaking ability will really keep him on top

    Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,594
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Shut your mouth.
    There you are sweet lips . How's my favorite girl doing?

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,917
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    The biggest ballhog in bball history is mj (most shots per game). But if you win 5 and 6 titles while being a ballhog then.a ballhog is what you're supposed to be. There's a reason why Kobe is the greatest bball player of his era. What a waste it would be if Kobe didn't shoot as much.
    Lakers would have won 8/9 titles if Kobe was not a ballhog. He held them back. Haven't you seen how he took you guys out of the playoffs by scoring 30+ a game leading the league in FGA? Now all of a sudden, he's sharing the ball and Lakers starting to look like the contender they were supposed to be?

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,398
    vCash
    1550
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    No trust me he's got 2-3 more great seasons in him, then he'll be decking once he hits 30 he'll still be a top 5 player just not as great as he is now, his playmaking ability will really keep him on top
    Yea I find it funny how people just assume Lebron is going to keep doing what he's doing in 4-5 years. Or how every single Kobe thread you can't get through the first page without seeing Lebron's name. It's always the same posters hating on Kobe, so that should tell you something... Same goes the other way, there are always the same posters who worship him.

    It really is hypocritical to be saying "not impressive, Lebron is going to do it sooner" wtf?? So you are not impressed by a player who has actually achieved this, yet you are more impressed by Lebron, ASSUMING he will do this when he still has 1/3rd the way to get there (points wise). Although he's not close to it yet... That's just awesome logic. To be honest I think Durant will be the one to have more points than Lebron and maybe even Kobe. The guy is only 24 and has way better scoring skills than Lebron.
    #Chow!

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Lakers would have won 8/9 titles if Kobe was not a ballhog. He held them back. Haven't you seen how he took you guys out of the playoffs by scoring 30+ a game leading the league in FGA? Now all of a sudden, he's sharing the ball and Lakers starting to look like the contender they were supposed to be?
    no offense, but isn't this just a random hypothetical in retrospect? Couldn't you say this for alot of past players as well?

  8. #113
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,827
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Lakers would have won 8/9 titles if Kobe was not a ballhog. He held them back. Haven't you seen how he took you guys out of the playoffs by scoring 30+ a game leading the league in FGA? Now all of a sudden, he's sharing the ball and Lakers starting to look like the contender they were supposed to be?

    You're right, he really held the Lakers back. They should've won like 8 championships straight. Not just a mere 5 championships in 7 finals........


    BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    For those saying they were just appreciating Kobe, stop the crap! We all know you guys are just using that as an excuse to elevate your argument and stop saying he isn't a ballhog. Face it, he's a ballhog. You guys think ballhog is all about taking the ball away from your team, it's not just that! It's when you take a terrible shot when your teammate has a better position to score. And then you guys bring up "Who did Kobe have on his team to pass to?" Who did LeBron have? The reason why the Cavs were so good was because LeBron made it good. He had that many assists because he gave his teammates the ultimate chance to score. Look at his teammates now... They are all bench players!

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    14,719
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    For those saying they were just appreciating Kobe, stop the crap! We all know you guys are just using that as an excuse to elevate your argument and stop saying he isn't a ballhog. Face it, he's a ballhog. You guys think ballhog is all about taking the ball away from your team, it's not just that! It's when you take a terrible shot when your teammate has a better position to score. And then you guys bring up "Who did Kobe have on his team to pass to?" Who did LeBron have? The reason why the Cavs were so good was because LeBron made it good. He had that many assists because he gave his teammates the ultimate chance to score. Look at his teammates now... They are all bench players!
    Deep breaths, deep breaths. We're gonna make it through this...

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    22,231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    So how long until Lebron shatters this record too?

    Lebron is better. just accept it, laker fans.
    Well, Kobe is gonna shatter Jordans record and Lebron is gonna shatter Kobes record so by your reasoning Lebron will be the GOAT over Jordan?
    VIVA CROONER!



  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,072
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    For those saying they were just appreciating Kobe, stop the crap! We all know you guys are just using that as an excuse to elevate your argument and stop saying he isn't a ballhog. Face it, he's a ballhog. You guys think ballhog is all about taking the ball away from your team, it's not just that! It's when you take a terrible shot when your teammate has a better position to score. And then you guys bring up "Who did Kobe have on his team to pass to?" Who did LeBron have? The reason why the Cavs were so good was because LeBron made it good. He had that many assists because he gave his teammates the ultimate chance to score. Look at his teammates now... They are all bench players!


    Hmmm...Then...all the players Kobe played with are bench players now...I'm just saying...

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakerfan In NY View Post
    [/B]

    Hmmm...Then...all the players Kobe played with are bench players now...I'm just saying...
    For around three years, Kobe cried and demanded a trade. For around seven years, LeBron stuck it out and never cried. He made the best of his time there regardless of what happened. Kobe on the other hand isolated himself from his entire team because they weren't on his "level."

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by naps:25277963
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    The biggest ballhog in bball history is mj (most shots per game). But if you win 5 and 6 titles while being a ballhog then.a ballhog is what you're supposed to be. There's a reason why Kobe is the greatest bball player of his era. What a waste it would be if Kobe didn't shoot as much.
    Lakers would have won 8/9 titles if Kobe was not a ballhog. He held them back. Haven't you seen how he took you guys out of the playoffs by scoring 30+ a game leading the league in FGA? Now all of a sudden, he's sharing the ball and Lakers starting to look like the contender they were supposed to be?
    Well the fact that no superstar in the history of the modern NBA era hasn't even come close to 8/9 titles and the fact that you think Kobe should have won 8/9 says a lot. Kobe won 5 titles as a "ballhog" means Kobe being a "ballhog" equals success. MJ was the biggest ballhog ever as he averaged the most shots per game but this too equaled success. When you have a player as good as mj or Kobe its a waste if they don't shoot a lot. Its funny you're criticizing Kobe for his style of play when that style of play proved to be the most dominant of his era. I really just don't understand the critics. I think you might've been happier if Kobe sacrificed winning for being more of a passer. But this isn't a children's YMCA league. The NBA is all about winning championships. Nothing else matters and Kobe was and is the most dominant winner since magic.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24:25277612
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    It also took lebron 9 years to get a ring while Kobe did it in 4.
    You think that would be the case if you swapped their careers...meaning Kobe got the Cavs and one all-star and one player ever with a 20+ PER, and LeBron got Shaq, Phil and so on?


    Rings matter. But you have to put it in context...or it means nothing.
    Rings certainly matter and now LBJ has joined dwade and.bosh and much like Kobe, has the talent around him to win multiple titles. If he's as good or better than Kobe, he should be able.to win another 3 or 4 titles. The lebron v Kobe argument has a very simple.solution. if lebron can get to 5 titles, considering he is on probably the most talented team in the league, then the argument will make sense. No more "no talent" excuse for LBJ. No reason lebron shouldn't get to 4 or 5 titles if Kobe did it.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •