Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It would be a PROBLEM if big men have more assists than a SG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    Shaq and Kobe parted ways because Shaq thought Kobe shot too much because Shaq thought he was still the best player on that team. Kobe didn't want to hear it because he thought he was better and that Shaq did not work hard enough to stay in shape and quit in the finals against the Pistons. The Lakers chose to keep Kobe because he was the better player at that point and was younger. Kobe didn't pull that when he knew Shaq was better, but once he surpassed Shaq he wanted more shots. IMO it was justified. During that loss in the finals is when I as a Laker fan switched from Shaq being my favorite player to Kobe being my favorite player.

I was about as unbiased as you could get at that point, if anything I was biased towards Shaq, but realized it should have been Kobe's team. Shaq took a back seat to Wade and look what happened, he should have done the same with Kobe.

That said, he isn't a ball hog. He certainly takes some ill advised shots but its comical people act like it is a detriment to the team when he has 5 rings and has missed the playoffs once in the last 15 years or 12 years, whatever it is
    Kobe was never better than Shaq during their stay together. I wouldn't say Kobe passed Shaq until his 2nd year in Miami.

And it seems kind of odd to become a Kobe fan during that time when you consider how pathetic he looked in the Finals and how dominant Shaq was (Although he wasn't perfect and clearly declining). Your a true Kobe fan if you kept with him during that time with Phils tell all book basically blasting him.
    Last edited by Chronz; 02-01-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    lol @ a guy with the user name "b@llhog24" asking "where's the hate".
    So you have no proof? Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers+Giants View Post
    It honestly really isn't that impressive.

Why do laker fans have to get all butt hurt? Just because someone says it's really not that impressive doesn't mean they're hating. I understand why we get all the hate as laker fans. .
    Now you understand why I act the way I do on here sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    The biggest ballhog in bball history is mj (most shots per game). But if you win 5 and 6 titles while being a ballhog then.a ballhog is what you're supposed to be. There's a reason why Kobe is the greatest bball player of his era. What a waste it would be if Kobe didn't shoot as much.
    MJ is a ballhog, but Kobe's a bigger ballhog.

It's a milestone like 500 home runs or 10,000 or 20,000 points. I'm not saying it is ridiculously impressive, but he is still the first person with the points and assists that he has. It was threadworthy and I don't know why it had to turn into a kobe hate/love thread.
    Because a known Kobephile posted this in other to slob on Kobe's knob some more.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Wow! He has more assists than Kareem, Wilt and Karl!?!

WOW!

Jordan was a better passer too than Kobe. Kobe wins the career counting game, but Jordan was still better.

However, Kobe is a better passer than he often gets credit for. I don't think the triangle argument necessarily works, because it basically negated the need and use of a normal PG and Kobe did have the ball in his hands a tremendous amount of time. I mean, he is 4th all time in usage%...

He's a scorer, and scoring is what his team needs from him 80-90% of the time. Him not racking up 8+ assists a game isn't a reason to knock him.
    Not sure why people don't get this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    At a certain point you might as well not even make Kobe threads because there's literally nothing he can do that people will deem "impressive." He's got multiple titles, awards, scored 81 and psd has yet to be impressed yet. He's easily the most discredited all time great I've ever seen....
    His 81 was impressive, I just think his 62 in 3 quarters was more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Lol this. Why do all these kids have to take a great accomplishment by Kobe and turn it into a negative... Only on psd
    How did "I" turn it into a negative? :confushed:

Jordan only played 12 seasons and kobe has played 18?
    Because that obviously detracted from his argument.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Also, look at their careers once Shaq left and you try to honestly tell me Shaq was better than Kobe at that point. It is seriously laughable. He took a backseat for Wade and look what happened.
    How exactly are you remembering those moments because I fail to see how Kobe missing the playoffs and posting horrendous numbers by superstar standards and Shaq playing like an MVP and turning the Heat around, means Kobe was the better player. Shaq took a backseat the following year.

But I find it hypocritical that you want people to remember what Kobe did prior to the Finals yet completely disregard Shaq's domination of Detroit to get Miami there. Kobe was likely better at that point IMO but they are similar situations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    It took 15 years for Kobe to do what LeBron did in 9 years.

Not to mention LeBron scored and rebounded more.

When will you guys accept the facts?

LeBron is roughly 21,000 points by the end of this season. 5 more seasons and he hits 31,000 while not even focusing on scoring! Imagine if he ballhogged all those shots back in Cleveland... Wow!
    It also took lebron 9 years to get a ring while Kobe did it in 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersMaster24 View Post
    Alright, so you don't think that playing in a system has no effect on the players productivity, and stats? What system did Lebron EVER play in? "Give Me The Ball and Go Stand Behind the 3PT Line System"? He never played with a dominant big that he had to pass to. Lebron was/is simply surrounded by 3PT shooters that he can drive and kick to. Who is the best shooter Kobe ever played with? Sasha Vujajic? Don't get me wrong this is not a knock on Lebron, I am just trying to point out how the style of your team's game can affect a player's stats.

Also, going with your logic Shaq's 20,000 points that mainly come off of wide open dunks shouldnt count either or they carry zero meaning?

Double standards.
    Kobe wasn't surrounded by 3 point shooters? Did he not play with Robert Horry, Rick Fox, Fisher and even Devon George who had a few good years. If you can't remember them then you don't remember Kobe with those lakers. You are bringing up players from a crappy team.
    Last edited by Slug3; 02-01-2013 at 11:55 AM.

vCash
    The ring argument again? It's like every fact is out there and at your last ditch effort you go back to the ring argument because you have nothing left.

vCash
    One is HEAVILY reliant on the team. The other is HEAVILY reliant on the individual. This is as relevant as pointing out how long it took MJ to win a ring in comparison to Kobe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Kobe wasn't surrounded by 3 point shooters? Did he not play with Robert Horry, Rick Fox, Fisher and even Devon George who had a few good years. If you can't remember them then you don't remember Kobe with those lakers. You are bringing up players from a crappy team.
    Dont listen to them. The triangle is the Kobe system. The year Phil and Shaq left, the Lakers ran a basic spread offense with Kobe being the primary playmaker. He would have led the league in turnovers if not for replacement coach Hambell returning to the triangle mid-season. His passing the rest of the year was more precise and the rest of his efficiency returned.

So when you see people mention the triangle, tell them it doesn't excuse his lack of passing efficiency in comparison to whoever they are comparing (no doubt LeBron, Wade and back in the day it was Tmac)

So yea, if Kobe didn't play in the triangle he could have averaged more assists, but his passing efficiency would be putrid. Kobe was at his best back then when he could attack from the wing without worrying about expending energy getting his team into sets and creating for everyone. I always thought it was because he has iffy hands and much of his playmaking is centered around his threat as a scorer.
    Last edited by Chronz; 02-01-2013 at 12:04 PM.

vCash
    when you have the ball that much, you sometimes have to pass. playing with a big like Shaq helps a lot of those assists come faster. Jordan didn't play with a big like that. he is also the all time leader in assists for the bulls, call me when Kobe breaks the Lakers record. the other 3 guys were bigs with talent around them. Malone and Stockton passed willingly btw each other.

vCash
    The ring argument again? It's like every fact is out there and at your last ditch effort you go back to the ring argument because you have nothing left.
    How is what I stated not a fact?

vCash
    You think that would be the case if you swapped their careers...meaning Kobe got the Cavs and one all-star and one player ever with a 20+ PER, and LeBron got Shaq, Phil and so on?

Rings matter. But you have to put it in context...or it means nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    For one the mere longevity is impressive in itself. For two just like those other players he's not point guard but a primary scorer so to rack up more assist than them is a big deal. Also just like MJ he spent a lot time in the triangle which doesn't lend itself to huge assist for guards. The way the ball swings around when the triangle is running correctly a lot of times Kobe or MJ would get the hockey assist.

Taking all that into consideration his accomplishment seems fairly impressive to me.....
    What is the accomplishment we're talking about? Having more career assists than some great big men scorers? Having more career assists than Jordan?

That's hardly an accomplishment worth bragging about.

I'm not trying to bash Kobe here...it's just we're talking about some "great accomplishment" that, well, really means nothing.

vCash
    How is what I stated not a fact?
    It's a fact. But you were using it to say Kobe had/has a better career cause of it. So we must then think Horry has 8 rings so he must be better.

Kobe had a lot of help in having a top all time center on his team and perhaps the best coach ever.

vCash
    It's a fact. But you were using it to say Kobe had/has a better career cause of it. So we must then think Horry has 8 rings so he must be better.

Kobe had a lot of help in having a top all time center on his team and perhaps the best coach ever.
    The Robert horry argument is dumb.
    I agree Kobe has had some good teams, but lets not act like the heat don't have to best team in basketball. Lebron had to jump ship to an outstanding team to win his first ring.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast