Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    i've already went over all their playoff series in their 3 peat, & Shaq outplayed Kobe in all but maybe 2(but those to were debatable & super close). plus i just remember watching & seeing how Shaq dominated. he was hands down the best player in the nba at that point, & nobody debated it

when kobe decided he wanted to shoot a lot more, they got beat in 03 then the 04 finals. it just didn't make sense when Shaq shoots 60% to Kobe 45% at best, & it costs the lakers maybe 2 titles. but good, i'm glad it happened cause it's just more stains on kobe's legacy

and careers once Shaq left should be in Kobe's favor, he was way younger. Shaq only had 2 prime years left. so i don't understand that argument.

also, like the rest of the west weren't a formality in 2001. and in 2000 the Pacers gave them a really good finals. And Mutombo and Smits were far from scrub big men.
    Mutombo was not the dominant force that he was in his early years and the first championship against the Pacers was close and was not a formality, agreed. I was referring to the last 2 in which I said Kobe was more important in the playoffs. The numbers are very close especially when you factor in the points Shaq got from hack a Shaq which really actually hurt the team because of his bad free throw shooting. He would get 5 extra point for shooting 50% from the line. Things like that need to be considered. Kobe was also the only real perimeter threat for the Lakers and Shaq would not have had the room to work that he did if it was not for Kobe and admittedly vice versa.

I'll keep saying it, Shaq and Kobe ruined Shaq and Kobe. They could not play together anymore, so who makes more sense to keep? Shaq had a problem with Kobe. He took a backseat to Wade, but wouldn't do the same with Kobe. Shaq just couldn't admit he was no longer better than Kobe and step to the side.

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    Good lord, certain Lakers fans just cannot seem to keep their pie holes off Kobe's knob.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    3,000+ of them were to Shaq in the low post. Big accomplishment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersMaster24 View Post
    As l4s already said, people seem to disregard and completely ignore the fact that Bryant played in the triangle for the majority of his career. He was part of the Jackson system.

Lebron gets the ball and can dribble around for however long he wants with a bunch of 3pt shooters around him.
    So Kobe was not allowed to pass the ball? Lets not forget Kobe played a good amount of years with one of the most dominate centers to ever play. I saw a lot of plays where he just dumped it to Shaq and Shaq did a drop step for a dunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    So Kobe was not allowed to pass the ball? Lets not forget Kobe played a good amount of years with one of the most dominate centers to ever play. I saw a lot of plays where he just dumped it to Shaq and Shaq did a drop step for a dunk.
    Alright, so you don't think that playing in a system has no effect on the players productivity, and stats? What system did Lebron EVER play in? "Give Me The Ball and Go Stand Behind the 3PT Line System"? He never played with a dominant big that he had to pass to. Lebron was/is simply surrounded by 3PT shooters that he can drive and kick to. Who is the best shooter Kobe ever played with? Sasha Vujajic? Don't get me wrong this is not a knock on Lebron, I am just trying to point out how the style of your team's game can affect a player's stats.

Also, going with your logic Shaq's 20,000 points that mainly come off of wide open dunks shouldnt count either or they carry zero meaning?

Double standards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersMaster24 View Post
    Alright, so you don't think that playing in a system has no effect on the players productivity, and stats? What system did Lebron EVER play in? "Give Me The Ball and Go Stand Behind the 3PT Line System"? He never played with a dominant big that he had to pass to. Lebron was/is simply surrounded by 3PT shooters that he can drive and kick to. Who is the best shooter Kobe ever played with? Sasha Vujajic? Don't get me wrong this is not a knock on Lebron, I am just trying to point out how the style of your team's game can affect a player's stats.

Also, going with your logic Shaq's 20,000 points that mainly come off of wide open dunks shouldnt count either or they carry zero meaning?

Double standards.
    epic ether. well done.

vCash
    Wow! He has more assists than Kareem, Wilt and Karl!?!

WOW!

Jordan was a better passer too than Kobe. Kobe wins the career counting game, but Jordan was still better.

However, Kobe is a better passer than he often gets credit for. I don't think the triangle argument necessarily works, because it basically negated the need and use of a normal PG and Kobe did have the ball in his hands a tremendous amount of time. I mean, he is 4th all time in usage%...

He's a scorer, and scoring is what his team needs from him 80-90% of the time. Him not racking up 8+ assists a game isn't a reason to knock him.

vCash
    Does he average more than Jordan? Does he shoot the best percentages?

Kareem & Malone played with Stockton & Magic so why in the hell would they be leaders in assists?????? They get fed the damn ball playing with those two

& mention that he also shoots the worst percent out of the top 5 scorers all time

vCash
    At a certain point you might as well not even make Kobe threads because there's literally nothing he can do that people will deem "impressive." He's got multiple titles, awards, scored 81 and psd has yet to be impressed yet. He's easily the most discredited all time great I've ever seen....

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    At a certain point you might as well not even make Kobe threads because there's literally nothing he can do that people will deem "impressive." He's got multiple titles, awards, scored 81 and psd has yet to be impressed yet. He's easily the most discredited all time great I've ever seen....
    There's plenty of things he does that impresses people.

Having more career assists than Kareem, Wilt, Karl and to an extent MJ isn't impressive, period

It's not discrediting him, it's just being honest. It's like being impressed that Kareem, Wilt and Karl have more rebounds than Kobe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Another suggestion. Lakers forum. Congrats, y'all are on DoMeFavors/DNewGuy/Knicks fans level.
    Then don't watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    lol @ a guy with the user name "b@llhog24" asking "where's the hate".
    Lol this. Why do all these kids have to take a great accomplishment by Kobe and turn it into a negative... Only on psd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    The only other guard in the top 5 scoring played 12 seasons compared to his what? 17th 18th?
    The accomplishment should be his scoring, not that he beat out the all time scoring player who's a center, in assists.
    Jordan only played 12 seasons and kobe has played 18?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    There's plenty of things he does that impresses people.

Having more career assists than Kareem, Wilt, Karl and to an extent MJ isn't impressive, period

It's not discrediting him, it's just being honest. It's like being impressed that Kareem, Wilt and Karl have more rebounds than Kobe.
    For one the mere longevity is impressive in itself. For two just like those other players he's not point guard but a primary scorer so to rack up more assist than them is a big deal. Also just like MJ he spent a lot time in the triangle which doesn't lend itself to huge assist for guards. The way the ball swings around when the triangle is running correctly a lot of times Kobe or MJ would get the hockey assist.

Taking all that into consideration his accomplishment seems fairly impressive to me.....

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    So what you're basically saying is that among the top 5 ball hogs of all time, he has the most assists? And three of them are PF/C's and the other one had a much shorter career than Kobe? And this proves what?

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast