Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Interesting Butch Carter on the Fan590

Pretty interesting regarding the coaching staff, and questions to be answered after this trade.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/pts/P...01-31-4-pm.mp3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by selassi3 View Post
    Pretty interesting regarding the coaching staff, and questions to be answered after this trade.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/pts/P...01-31-4-pm.mp3
    Wow interesting audio from the former Coach. He was passionate and basically threw Casey and his staff under the bus.

He definitely have high regard towards Val and Ross. He thought that the Raps are needing a combo guard.

Listening to him talking about Ross validated my thinking that the only way TRoss flourishes is when he gets the opportunity to start.

Val/Amir
    PF?/Acy
    Gay/Fields
    Ross/combo guard?
    Lowry/Turd/combo guard?

vCash
    well worth a listen.....maybe I should listen to McCowan more.

I disagree with his assessment on Ed, but everything he said about Casey's end-game/quarter details was pretty spot on. I've felt the same way. I like Casey as a coach, but coming out of timeouts and crunch time organization I think is where he's weak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Wow interesting audio from the former Coach. He was passionate and basically threw Casey and his staff under the bus.

He definitely have high regard towards Val and Ross. He thought that the Raps are needing a combo guard.

Listening to him talking about Ross validated my thinking that the only way TRoss flourishes is when he gets the opportunity to start.

Val/Amir
    PF?/Acy
    Gay/Fields
    Ross/combo guard?
    Lowry/Turd/combo guard?
    I agree, Ross needs time. As much time as we're willing to give him to learn and work stuff out on the floor. He's got all the skills to be a star in this league.

vCash
    He also says Valanciunas should be competing for an All-Star spot in 3 years. Ross will be a beast if he gets with the right coach. Ross can naturally guard his position which in Carter's opinion means that he can be All-NBA first team/second team. Ross needs to start and I agree.

Agree with Casey's lack of x's and o's.

Butch Carter is pretty much saying that Casey is not the right coach for the Raps lol.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    He also says Valanciunas should be competing for an All-Star spot in 3 years. Ross will be a beast if he gets with the right coach. Ross can naturally guard his position which in Carter's opinion means that he can be All-NBA first team/second team. Ross needs to start and I agree.

Agree with Casey's lack of x's and o's.

Butch Carter is pretty much saying that Casey is not the right coach for the Raps lol.
    Funny huh? A fired ex coach of the Raptors taking a shot at the Raptors? That never happens right lol

vCash
    Butch has ragged on Casey in every interview, I think its classless.

He is obviously auditioning for the job again.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Classless LOL... What would you rather he say? Butch Carter, logically is correct with his opinion. Imo I hope Butch does get hired again.

vCash
    Yeah why did butch even get fired in the first place

vCash
    Its always been my understanding that he left because he felt "it was a bad situation". Ive heard rumors it had to do with him wanting the GM job at the time. I get the impression that there were disagreements with him and the front office on direction going forward and that's why he left.
    Last edited by jokerrrrrr; 02-01-2013 at 05:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Butch has ragged on Casey in every interview, I think its classless.

He is obviously auditioning for the job again.
    I think he is just stating his opinions, and they are solid. Casey was never really head coach material in the first place, and as much as you can blame our lack of a closer for all the late-game losses, it really comes down to coaching and execution on offense/defense. Casey is a big reason for all our last-minute losses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Funny huh? A fired ex coach of the Raptors taking a shot at the Raptors? That never happens right lol
    I didn't hear the interview, but I've heard him be cynical of Casey in previous interview that he has had. A couple months back he had an interview where he felt Colangelo was the perfect GM for Toronto and had major questions about Casey. I've felt quite the opposite personally. I really like Casey as coach. I liked how he has this group defending, competing and recently sharing the ball on offense. I feel our players have been making great progress as professionals in large part due to his coaching. His X and O's and substution patterns are secondary concerns to the things he does well IMO.

vCash
    I like Casey as a person and he seems to get great results out of all the underdog guys on his roster. I don't think he is a great coach though. His, timeouts(timing), rotations, and scripted plays are all sub par.

To me it seems like Casey can only coach the guys that really want to be coached. IMO, he has yet to develop a method(respect?) of connecting with headstrong players and getting the most out of them.

On a side note: I really thought, before Bargs got injured, that Casey had lost the locker room and he was done.

vCash
    Butch is definitely auditioning for the job... LOL and it is classless...

But IMO, Casey is a great coach! He motivates our players very well, improves their skills (ie. Ed Davis, Calderon's defense etc.), and he's a defensive genius!

Closing out games and shot clock management is a skill that will come as our coaching staff and players mature and gain more experience.
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    Didn't listen, but based on what I've read here it's just another notch in the ol' post for former personnel not happy about their exit. Too bad.

Casey is still an inexperienced coach and he needs to develop much like the players. I think if they're given time together Casey will start learning more of his players' nuances and plays will start to draw themselves. Kinda like how, when Smitch was the coach, we used to start off EVERY game with a pin-down screen on the left block for AP, and he almost always got open and hit the shot.

....but not being able to throw the ball at crunch time is brutal. I can't tell if it's on the players not selling their cuts or just poorly drawn up plays but it's like watching high school sometimes. That's gotta change.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast