Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

TNA: Breaking News: Impact Wrestling Going on the Road Permanetly Starting March 14

Dixie just announced it. First show is from the Sears Center in Chicago.

vCash
    TNA TAKES THURSDAY NIGHT “IMPACT WRESTLING” ON THE ROAD
    Chicago tapped for televised live show to air on Spike TV

Nashville, Tenn. (Jan. 31, 2012) – TNA’s Impact Wrestling today announced that it will begin filming all Impact Wrestling programming on the road as part of their 2013 television programming strategy. Impact Wrestling airs every Thursday on Spike TV (8/7 CT), and is regularly one of the network’s top-rated shows. The first live televised show will be March 14 from the Sears Centre Arena in Chicago.

For the past 8 years, Impact Wrestling has been filmed on the largest soundstage at Universal Studios Orlando. The final two shows to be filmed from the "Impact Zone" at Universal will be February 28 and March 7.

“This is a tremendous step forward for TNA,” stated TNA President Dixie Carter. “Fans from around the world have been coming to us at Universal for more than 8 years to be a part of the Impact Wrestling audience. It's now time for us to take the Impact Wrestling television cameras to them. This is a very important next evolution for the company, and I'm excited that the backdrop to the show will feature our great fans in larger arenas around the country and world.

“We are so grateful to Universal for being such fantastic partners and look forward to finding other ways to work together in the future," Carter added.

“Taking Impact Wrestling on the road to the fans is yet another example of Dixie and her incredible team expanding their horizons to deliver the most exciting and action-packed wrestling product on the market,” said Spike TV President Kevin Kay.

Kicking off the start to Impact Wrestling on the road will be the triumphant return to Chicago and the Sears Centre Arena on March 14. Chicago’s Sears Centre Arena was home to “Bound For Glory 2008” setting, at the time, the highest TNA attendance record.

Tickets go on sale Friday, Feb. 8 at the Sears Centre Arena box office and at www.SearsCentre.com. (Doors will open on Thursday, March 14 at 6 p.m. and bell time at 7 p.m.)

TNA’s will announce additional Thursday night Impact Wrestling television tour dates in the coming weeks.
    Can't wait.

vCash
    Cool. When Dixie said "television tapings", i assumed it was going to be how theyve done Impacts on the road in the past....taping two episodes in the same arena on a Monday or Tuesday. But since the 14th is a Thursday, these are going to be live?! Or might they still tape shows on the road too? Im just confused since she used the word "taping"

vCash
    So after doing a little searching it sounds like they are going to tape the following weeks episode immediately after the live show? Better than nothing, and absolutely better than both being taped!...although i do always worry about the quality/energy of the second show when they do that.

vCash
    Hope they plan on doing small venues.

vCash
    Good thing to get out of the Impact zone, its the only way they can truly grow since they'll hit new markets with their show. Hopefully they can end this Aces and Eight crap though. Its really becoming NWO 2.0 and a 1000% worse.

Im assuming they'll hit markets like NYC, Toronto, and Philly.

vCash
    BTW I predicted this in the 2013 prediction thread.

vCash
    Finally, I hope they run the Hammerstein ballroom in 2013!

vCash
    dont like it, since it leads to taped episoides
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Idc if it's taped because you have to start somewhere... This is a GREAT start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    dont like it, since it leads to taped episoides
    I know what you mean, but if its just every other episode taped i can deal with that. This would be the logical next step because they cant really justify going live on the road every week, since theres basically no difference for them in ratings live vs taped. If this works out, then maybe they can do it every week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach:25276543
    Idc if it's taped because you have to start somewhere... This is a GREAT start
    I agree with this. The impact zone is great and all but it was really starting to hamper the tna product

Im very happy for them. They just need to fix a few wrestlers entrances and blast the damn entrance music so you know whos comin out

Tna is on there way. I hope being on the road brings tna more success so it can compete with the wwe. That way it would force the wwe to really put there thinking cap on

First Sim League Title!

vCash
    I love that TNA is going on the road full-time now. This is the next step you realize yes orlando is free taping but the people who are there either have to pay for plane tickets or are just tourist... Now the REAL FANS can go see the shows for just the price of a ticket and gas. Love it and can't wait for it to be in the tri-state are. Even though I bet my left nut it will prob never be in MSG since they ahve an awesome relantionship with WWE/F. WCW was never even in MSG right
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    I love that TNA is going on the road full-time now. This is the next step you realize yes orlando is free taping but the people who are there either have to pay for plane tickets or are just tourist... Now the REAL FANS can go see the shows for just the price of a ticket and gas. Love it and can't wait for it to be in the tri-state are. Even though I bet my left nut it will prob never be in MSG since they ahve an awesome relantionship with WWE/F. WCW was never even in MSG right
    I believe you are correct with WCW never went to MSG, I know for them the Georgia Dome in Atlanta was their version of it and as for TNA this is good and I do hope they hit up in or around here because I'd consider giving them a visit though they never would hit up Toyota Center like WWE would it probably would be a smaller venue and the same would be true likely for the other big cities they can get in to

Chris Bosh signing for the max will do this to Rockets fans

vCash
    I hope there's gonna be some shows in the worcester/Boston area

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast