Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: nfl playoffs

vCash

nfl playoffs

Regarding expanded playoffs. Bad idea. The Superbowl should be a reward for having an outstanding season, not an opportunity for a team that only shows its talents at the end of the season. I would have more respect for the integrity of the game if all wild card teams were eliminated. In my opinion the league would best be divided into 2 conferences with 2 divisions in each. The winer of each division would play for the conference title and the conference winners, of course, compete in the Superbowl. To To add revenue, which seems more important to the league than integrity. add some post season or preseason "bowl games" including European, Canadian or Latin American teams or players. Or have NFL teams of contrasting abilities play, maybe the best defense against the best offense or the best pass offense against the best run offense. Or exploit regional and traditional rivalries ( Chicago/Green Bay Dallas/ Washington etc.) There are a great variety of ways of securing an increased bottom line without the indignity of the possibility ( really, probability) that two teams with losing records will meet in the Superbowl.

vCash
    **** that...Best of 3 series... More football could only mean great things.... superbowl would only have to be one game though as long as we get the 2 best teams.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Eliminate playoffs. Give Eli every ring/

vCash
    Can't we just give every player a medal for competing?

"Eliminate Wild Card Teams"

What an awful idea. These ideas keep getting worse.

vCash
    Only two divisions in each conference? That is ****ing stupid. There are quite a few great rivalries with a few more starting to form and if you take away the divisions you are taking away from those rivalries. I think 6 teams from each conference is just fine the way it is. A lot of those wild card team are usually around 10 wins and i think that deserves a shot at the playoffs. Don't fix something that isn't broken.

vCash
    I always assumed this whole extend the playoffs thing was a power play to scare them into 18 games.

vCash
    I have yet to hear a playoff expansion idea that isn't awfull. I really think 6 is the ideal number. I wouldn't neccesarily mind expanding to 18 games.

vCash
    battle royale
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Eliminate playoffs. Give Eli every ring/
    You mean that would stop the hate and straighten out the fickle?

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Roger Goodell only answered 3 Questions today from the Media and not of them was NFL Playoff Expansion,Geographical Realignment or about Expansion wear as David Stern when he speaks on Saturday of NBA All-Star Break lots of Questions he will answer.