Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Metta has been one of the most consistent Lakers. He always gives it his all. The most important thing about Metta is that he is a BIG game player. He gives us toughness and big plays.

Also, Metta has been dealing with a groin injury. He wont complain about it though. The guy is a team player and we need him.
    Agreed.

MWP is one of not many on this roster which I would like to keep.

vCash
    As JSthornton said, Metta has been 1 of most consistent all year and always gives his all.

The problem with Metta is not what he does give, but what he doesn't give..and that's spacing.

You all read what Phoenix strategy was, to leave Metta wide open on the wing. You cannot have someone who isn't a top shooter deciding the games for you. I love what he does bring, but his lack of athleticism and elite shooting touch (34% career 3pt won't cut it) are weaknesses in the team.

I don't however think it's fair to put all the blame on him as he's still a very serviceable player. The roster and offensive system just isn't built right for him to shine. He'd look so much better if he had Ryan Anderson or Kevin Love spotting up and him cutting/posting closer to the hoop.

vCash
    Lol, You wont find a take for metta unless.

it goes in a package wiht either Pau or Dwight.

Or, we get a BAD CONTRACT that goes beyond 2014 for him.

Ill pass on that, let him be here, altough i wouldnt mind if Dantoni experimented with Clark, Pau and Howard and bringing metta of the bench.

vCash
    I will say I much prefer him as a PF and have been calling for D'Antoni to start him at PF for over a week now.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Metta has been great for us on defense. Very consistent. Problem with him is on offense....he is over confident. Mind you...he has bailed us out on lot of occasions with his shooting..but at the same time...also has taken us down with his shooting.

now a days, what i notice in him is that...he never passes the ball once he receives a pass. He is always trying to shoot...and shoots this ridiculous lean ins, off balance shots. He needs to make passes and find better shots and we would be just fine. Or at least pass the damn ball when his shots are not going in.

Oh and Metta, Jodie need to stop running the fast breaks. More often than not..they get called for offensive fouls ffs. We have bunch of good players...but what we lack are the smart players. I rem against suns...Clark ran fast break with Nash...but didnt pass the ball to Nash (the great PG!!) till he got into the paint. How ****ing dumb is that.

This team has lot of potential...if they just think before making stupid decisions. Esp the dumb passes that we made in Phoenix. I have never seen those kinda butter fingers...hell even when kwame played...our passing was good!

vCash
    Hollywood should start a new reality show. It will be called "The real housewives of Laker Nation" and it will star some of these whining *** Laker fans. Oh it's this guys fault, no it's this guys fault. Jesus Christ grow the **** up already. This is a team game and they fell apart in the 4th again. There is only one person who should be held accountable for this teams performance and that's MDA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefflin View Post
    yes i said don't be deceived by it months ago, he's a cancer
    He doesn't affect others tho we all know he has good and bad games. But when he has bad games everyone hates him so much. D12 is a cancer because he affects others ft shooting. Gasol is a cancer because his drama affects team chemistry. But MWP is not a cancer even if he suckedlast game.

vCash
    just going off the thread's title, no. it's absurd to think mwp is the reason the lakers are struggling. the reason the lakers are struggling is because the system in place is not maximizing their 4 HoFers' ability. that's on the coach. simple. metta, coming off the bench, it still a good thing IMO.

vCash
    Metta is having a pretty solid year... both on offense & defense... occassionally he'll get overaggressive and tend s to overdribble and try to overpower the defender and will turn over the ball or force a bad shot... but off the ball he's playing really well, not shooting bad...
    ... You know you got a good DVR... whenever you hit pause on your remote during the action and it displays its favorite player....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I will say I much prefer him as a PF and have been calling for D'Antoni to start him at PF for over a week now.
    That's what he has been. Thus the double double and pick/roll coverage vs OKC. This him defending Boozer, Zach, and Scola. Mtta has only played SF late in games vs KD and Beasley for the fire blanked effect, and it worked on KD but failed on Beasley, mostly because Metta wasnt leaving KD like Beas.

Hs listed at,SF like Tim is at PF, but he's been manning up PFs for us and very well to boot. Zach and boozer would've killed Pau, and history says Scola would too from opening tip

vCash
    i dont want to get rid of metta, he plays extremely hard and is a tough defender, he seriously just really needs to spend hours working on his catch and shoot, get in the gym with a shooting coach and work on it, it would really help out team out big time

vCash
    This has been Metta's best season in a while...I remember the clown hair colors he rolled into town with. That was then, but now he is focused and all business.

He came into camp cut and in shape...his mind was in the right place...and you want Metta on your team as that shut-down defensive stopper...it is priceless in playoff games. But with the Lakers season thus far, Metta's performance as a legitimate leader of the team has been largely overlooked and under-appreciated...me thinks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Metta has been one of the most consistent Lakers. He always gives it his all.. The most important thing about Metta is that he is a BIG game player. He gives us toughness and big plays.

Also, Metta has been dealing with a groin injury. He wont complain about it though. The guy is a team player and we need him.
    I agree as well. Ron Artest is my favorite Laker and I love how he also leaves it all on the floor and brings a toughness to the squad that no other Laker has to offer.
    Thanks for the memories Dr. Buss.

vCash
    What I try to imagine is if Metta/Artest was on another team. Like let's say he was on OKC, San Antonio or the Clippers.

Facing him on the other side of the court, he would be VERY difficult to deal with, he's a tough defender against Kobe and others.

For whatever reason, he hasn't been at his utmost peak the past year or two... and he does make some bad decisions and like somebody said overconfident. Like he can be a good weapon, a great weapon, sometimes but what is he shooting like 32%?

This gets back to the using the shot clock better. Why are we in such a rush for Metta to chuck up a corner 3 with 10 seconds left on the shot clock?

vCash
    Metta is getting old and can't create his own shot anymore. For the money that we are paying him, we can look for younger better talent.Metta is getting like 7 mil and Blake is getting 4 mil. Those two contracts get get us better talent and younger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast