Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 240
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,066
    vCash
    1620

    PS4 likely to be announced on Feb 20th

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=d-3GMHIgR-U
    Hopefully knocks the Kinectbox out of the water.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Aruba
    Posts
    17,308
    vCash
    500
    Surprised, since Microsoft usually has their systems out before Sony.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    13,238
    vCash
    500
    ^ They will, they usually have it out first. They might be waiting to see what Sony announces, and then focus their marketing to highlight the benefits vs the PS4. I heard the new PS4 controller can split in two pieces and they will have extra triggers on the back. Woody's gamertag has had some vids on it, pretty interesting stuff if true.


    "Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,072
    vCash
    1500
    does that mean ps4 will be out this year?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    19,238
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    ^ They will, they usually have it out first. They might be waiting to see what Sony announces, and then focus their marketing to highlight the benefits vs the PS4. I heard the new PS4 controller can split in two pieces and they will have extra triggers on the back. Woody's gamertag has had some vids on it, pretty interesting stuff if true.
    I read that might just be a rumor and they are sticking with the traditional dual shock. Hopefully if anything there's an option for both somehow because I hate adapting to new controllers. That's the only reason I've never had any desire to switch to Xbox. The controller is the only thing that really matters to me.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    23,196
    vCash
    950
    Hopefully its significantly better than the monumental disappointment that was the PS3.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,753
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Hopefully its significantly better than the monumental disappointment that was the PS3.
    What's wrong with the PS3?
    Last edited by DodgerB24; 02-01-2013 at 01:31 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    23,196
    vCash
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    What's wrong with the PS3?
    It was way too complicated for developers so most games tended to pale in comparison to their XBOX 360 counterparts. I wasn't really overly impressed with their exclusives either. I preferred my PS3 solely for the blu ray and backwards compatibility (which they eventually took out).

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,066
    vCash
    1620
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Hopefully its significantly better than the monumental disappointment that was the PS3.
    Nah son. The last two to three years the PS3 has slaughtered the 360.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,619
    vCash
    500
    Heard rumors of the specs that are encouraging.

    We'll see.....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Aruba
    Posts
    17,308
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagocubsfan View Post
    Nah son. The last two to three years the PS3 has slaughtered the 360.
    The sales say otherwise.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,619
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    The sales say otherwise.
    Sales dont equal quality....

    While I dont give a **** about ps3 vs xbox I figure I'd point that out.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    23,196
    vCash
    950
    I started out with the XBOX 360 and switched over to PS3 a couple of years ago because Microsoft renewed my year subscription to xbox live without my consent which pissed me off. I had to go on ebay to find a PS3 that was backwards compatible and as I stated the backwards compatibility and blu ray were the only reasons I legitimately preferred my PS3. I just stuck with my PS3 because I hate Microsoft. But if i were to be completely honest, I felt the games I owned played and looked much better on the Xbox.... and I do not like to admit it. I will be sticking with Sony in the next gen console war so all I'm saying is I hope they put out a better product than last go around because all indications were that the PS3 was supposed to be more powerful than the xbox 360 and I never got that impression.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    13,238
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    The sales say otherwise.
    Then the Wii is the GOAT


    "Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,619
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I started out with the XBOX 360 and switched over to PS3 a couple of years ago because Microsoft renewed my year subscription to xbox live without my consent which pissed me off. I had to go on ebay to find a PS3 that was backwards compatible and as I stated the backwards compatibility and blu ray were the only reasons I legitimately preferred my PS3. I just stuck with my PS3 because I hate Microsoft. But if i were to be completely honest, I felt the games I owned played and looked much better on the Xbox.... and I do not like to admit it. I will be sticking with Sony in the next gen console war so all I'm saying is I hope they put out a better product than last go around because all indications were that the PS3 was supposed to be more powerful than the xbox 360 and I never got that impression.
    From a pure hardware standpoint the PS3 IS BETTER, thats no debate.

    However, it was never really taken advantage of as it doesn't make sense to creates models and a graphics engine only to change it to sell on another platform.

    The only time you see significant difference in graphical quality is console to PC because the hardware is light years ahead. Crysis from 2007 looks better than any modern console game to date.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •