Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    My girlfriend is terrified of them, I catch them in the house and let them go, she gets mad at me because she thinks they will come back and bite her lol..
    I make my mom kill them
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I hate public speaking and roller coasters. Haven't conquered them yet except for one roller coaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I'm terrified of public speaking. I have to give a talk at a high school in the auditorium to a bunch of students in about 2 weeks, and I'm freaking out about it. I get myself sick from stressing out so much. When I've had to talk in front of groups of people in the past, I tend to just ramble and end up having no idea what I've said by the time I'm done. I'll remember bits and pieces but generally not know what I actually said.

I've also got a fear of heights and bugs, but those are too a lesser extent, and I can deal with both.
    Public speaking is a very common fear, and it's so irrational it's stupid. I know because its something I deal with as well.

I would highly recommend looking into something like ToastMasters, which I'm planning to start in a week or two to finally get over this crap.

Usually the only way to conquer a fear is by doing it enough times that you get used to it. It's such a stupid thing to live with your whole life, and the solution is so easy to access.

vCash
    The meaning of life sometimes if I think about it for a long time....clostourphobia is terrible

vCash
    Spiders.. hell, anything with more than 4 legs. Not sure how I can get over the fear... I'm even afraid to kill spiders since that requires getting close to them.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I'm scared shitless if heights. To the point of paralysis if I'm in a situation that's high up.

I suppose I've mildly conquered it though. I frequently have to go on scissor and boom lifts at work. At about 30 feet is where I start getting rattled.

Anything outside of work and I'm lucky to be 20 feet in the air.

vCash
    i dont understand why fear of spiders is a bad thing. i can see possible reaosn why you would want to be around a spider, so the fdear shouldnt be a big deal
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    So I use to be scared of heights but forced myself over it.....I have only been scared of 2 things spiders/heights..... I recently tried to force myself over spiders by trying to hold my friends tarantula....I passed out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRmHNqmaMWw
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Bees to an extent now. I got stung 3 times in 2 weeks about three years ago and on the third one my hand swelled to the size of a grapefruit and I couldn't move it for like 3-4 days. These were my first three stings too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    I hate flying so I just have a few beers before I fly and it is all better, I just hate the landing pretty much now. I really think I just don't like things I am not in control of, like my gf's driving scares the hell out of me to. I don't know how to relax with her driving when everyone in front of you is hitting their brakes you should not be hitting the gas??
    haha same with my fiance's driving... the worst part is that they think they are good drivers still and wont consider changing their driving method. makes me crazy

vCash
    some Heights but mainly roller coasters. I hate the feeling of having no control, but i guess thats why people love roller coasters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    haha same with my fiance's driving... the worst part is that they think they are good drivers still and wont consider changing their driving method. makes me crazy
    Ohh you are 100% correct she thinks she is a good driver and when I grab the ohh **** bar and point at the cars ahead she gets mad lmao but I hate it when she tailgates. Then she is a mom so she thinks multitasking in the car is ok such as driving on the highway and turning around to discipline her kids at the same time. I do have a fear of my girlfriends driving.

vCash
    Heights as well.

vCash
    The best advice I can give to getting over your fear of public speaking is to be prepared. In the past (when I was a student) most of the time I wasn't prepared, got so nevrous and sucked. Now, I prepare like crazy (a must for a teacher) and it doesnt matter if its with students, parents, other teachers etc.. I know what I want to say, I know how I want to say it and it goes fine. Always good to have some humour involed.

As for mine, I hate hospitals, doctor offices, etc.. The smell, the feeling of being there, everything. Also not a big fan of heights, but after flying quite a bit this past year, I'm getting better with it.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    So I am just a tiny bit claustrophobic. But the only time it really hit me was when I was high in a car driving through the midtown tunnel. I haven't smoked in over a year but I still bug out a little at the midtown tunnel even though I never used to.

vCash
    if i see a cockroach i don't care where i am or who i'm with i'm running

people make fun of me for it but **** those mother****ing things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast